• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC - Poly Brawl 4 - March 6th! - LIVESTREAM IS UP

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
ATTN: Everyone good

Malcolm cannot attend last-minute. I am in need of a gdlk partner.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
****n, me and ADHD's doubles match i woke up a bit late still coming.

11 AM is too early anyways. >_>

ANTi_

Smash Hero
WARNING : This post includes major rage.

Ok so im home from this ****ty *** ****ing tournament, let me tell you why it was ****ty.

ADHD and i were originally supposed to team, But when the morning came i overslept by a little bit, so i made the post above (2posts) saying hold our doubles match. So i rushed to the tournament and arrived at about 1:10PM i go to the brackets and find out that Pierce took my spot until i came. So DMT called me over and told me how i cannot play in winners bracket because that wouldn't be fair after a little exchange of words i understood that he was right so i took a seat.

Then Pierce and ADHD lost to Will and Rookie in winners semis, so i took over from losers bracket. ADHD and i had to play Blackanese and TeeVee in losers quarters (won 2-0) then we played Atomsk and Zucco in losers semis (won 2-0) then had to play Will and Rookie in losers finals (won 3-0)

NOW this is where it gets interesting. ADHD and Anti coming from losers 3-0 Dmbrandon and Shadow set 1 in GF's. Then in set 2 we won 3-2 against them, making dmbrandon rage the **** out throwing his controller and screaming like a 3 year old boy.

After about 30 minutes dmbrandon goes to DMT saying how i shouldn't of have been in the tournament at all. So DMT sucks his **** and does NOT give ADHD and I our doubles money for first place and makes Pierce and ADHD play out from losers semis.

SHOUTOUTS

ADHD - Good **** teaming with me and proving that Shadow and Dmbradon are overrated.

Pierce - Thanks for holding that spot for me and i wish you and ADHD luck in losers quarters.

Shadow - lol @ how you said "HOW DOES THAT **** TASTE" after barely beating us game 4 in set 2 then getting 3 stocked game 5. What makes it even better is that after i put my hand out and said good games you stormed off like a kid, i respect that...

Dmbrandon - Good **** *****ing after losing GF's. You played it out because you thought you can beat ADHD and I then after you lost you fling your controller then go on a tantrum, i guess what they say is true. Brawl is srs bizness.

Atomsk - Good **** for interrupting my interview and complaining FOR dm and shadow, we already beat you in losers bro, dont cry for them.

DMT - Your a ******* for telling me that i can play out the rest of the tournament in losers, THEN GOING BACK ON YOUR WORD, and making ADHD and Pierce play it out from quarters, WHY THE HELL DID YOU EVEN SAY THAT if you listen to dm and shadows *****ing, **** your tournament.

/end :)

Acedude55

Smash Ace
This tourney was so terrible for me...

No sleep

No food the whole day

Absolutely no matches before brackets AGAIN since I tried to get some games everywhere but sadly I could not make it happen

my reaction timing to everything was terrible. I'm suprised I even won some matches

Edit: what happened with Anti is really...sad. I can't believe that even happened

shoutouts later

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So many problems with that doubles stuff imo

1. If ADHD and Pierce started, it should have ended as ADHD and Pierce
1a. Anti should not have been allowed to step in, that makes 0 sense about that
2. However, after letting Anti step in and finish the tourney, and playing through every single set, they should have gotten first
2a. ADHD and Pierce shouldn't have had to replay the tournament.

Two wrongs don't make a right. After the first mess up it should have been left as is.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
**** son..

Anti goin' IN!

Anyway..shoutouts.

Will - You're a beast and I love watching you play...people using interesting characters like yours is what gets me hyped. Also, best DK.

Jash - Hey this time we were both late so there's nothing we could've done about teams but I guess next time we should both be there early.

Atomsk - Your MK's walling shut my approach down. GaW doesn't really have one to begin with vs MK but you made sure I wasn't getting in.

Fatal - Good set man, I couldn't take a round but I made sure I made you work for your wins this time =]. 2nd best Snake vs. best GaW.

Prawn - :psycho:

See you guys next time

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Honestly, matt should have either put you and wyatt into loser's from the start and just waited for you to show up or made dan and wyatt play out the entire way. The concept of letting someone fill in was likely only allowed because you 3 are who you are, had it been any 2 randoms that idea would have been laughed at from the start.

Noraa

Smash Lord
my view even though it doesnt matter....

anti came late yeah blah blah but he got in when they were sent to losers and did mad work, i see where people comin from but it aint like he came in for grands. he worked through all those other teams.

people are salty because adhd and anti worked there ****, a loss is a loss in my book. truthfully, people dont care about rules untill it isnt in their favor, if dm and shadow ended the **** in the first set of GF none of this would have been a problem.

sad stuff

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So many problems with that doubles stuff imo

1. If ADHD and Pierce started, it should have ended as ADHD and Pierce
1a. Anti should not have been allowed to step in, that makes 0 sense about that
2. However, after letting Anti step in and finish the tourney, and playing through every single set, they should have gotten first
2a. ADHD and Pierce shouldn't have had to replay the tournament.

Two wrongs don't make a right. After the first mess up it should have been left as is.
Very true. That really sucks for you Anti although you and ADHD proveed yourselves.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
actually dont wana be involved with this. carry on lol cant wait for anti vs juice drama reads :)

HelpR

Smash Ace
Anti: dude, sorry about what happened, The whole thing shouldnt have happened, and there really isnt much I can say on the matter. all I know is that a ****storm is coming.

Seriously though, I hope we havent lost you or anything, we wanna have you guys at the next PB, and it was gay what happened, but I cant say much past that since I wasnt directly involved.

As for everything else, I hope everyone enjoyed the tourney, i'll post shoutouts in the results thread, but in particular, thanks to kaila and shippo for keeping an eye on the livestream the whole tourney, I felt that that aspect of the tourney ran alot smoother due to their help.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
No way in h*ll is "subbing" in a partner during MID TOURNY even right, ok, fine, cool, reasonable, correct, etc. seriously get real.
The TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER said that i can start from losers, idc if its right, ok, fine, cool, reasonable, correct according to you he said i can so i did.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No way in h*ll is "subbing" in a partner during MID TOURNY even right, ok, fine, cool, reasonable, correct, etc. seriously get real.
At the same time, if it happens all the way to grand finals then you shouldn't go back and force the original team to play out all their sets again.

Wister_Mame_and_Gatch

Smash Cadet
Major rage
I love ADHD. He's a cool guy. You're a cool guy too. I understand that money is an awesome thing to win, and I would be pissed too if I were you. But as long as you claim victory then not all is lost.

I would be more bothered with the fact I spent money joining a tournament I would never win money in.

I dunno, that's just me. Congratulations on your victories, and congratulations to the singles victor. I have a handful of more interviews to put up.

To the people streaming, you guys should've recorded matches. Not saying it like "Oh man, you should've", I mean "Hey, it would've been ultra cool if you also recorded the matches."

HelpR

Smash Ace
I love ADHD. He's a cool guy. You're a cool guy too. I understand that money is an awesome thing to win, and I would be pissed too if I were you. But as long as you claim victory then not all is lost.

I would be more bothered with the fact I spent money joining a tournament I would never win money in.

I dunno, that's just me. Congratulations on your victories, and congratulations to the singles victor. I have a handful of more interviews to put up.

To the people streaming, you guys should've recorded matches. Not saying it like "Oh man, you should've", I mean "Hey, it would've been ultra cool if you also recorded the matches."
every match in singles was recorded by JG. he's an awesome dude, and I need to get that code for forced replay saving offa him.

in doubles, mostly only finals was recorded, NL has that.

Zen127

Smash Apprentice
If Dmbrandon and Shadow did not stop Anti from playing the first GF, nor did the teams before them that did, it was because they THOUGHT they could win. But no, they got ***** and decided to crawl their way out of the loss by complaining after.

That is totally unfair, and how is it that a Tournament Organizer let Anti in the team in the first place then changes his mind cause a 20+ year old man whined to him like he's 3-?

Anti/ADHD are my friends, and they don't deserve that bull. They should have got their ****ing money

Zen127

Smash Apprentice
Btw Anti makin The juice team rage totally just supports our crew "Umad" LOLLLLLLL

Umad the greatest sons

Wister_Mame_and_Gatch

Smash Cadet
every match in singles was recorded by JG. he's an awesome dude, and I need to get that code for forced replay saving offa him.

in doubles, mostly only finals was recorded, NL has that.
What kind of record?

I also noticed a lot of replays were saved. I am (somewhat) considering asking whoever has then to donate some, because I would like to record some noteworthy matches in that fancy 480p.

Vinnie

Smash Master
17th/97, might as well be a millionth. No notable wins in either events. Gonna take a break for a while, like 3 weeks probably, I don't know. Maybe 3 tourneys in a row is too much for me... I'll be back by Aprilish. Shoutouts in the results thread...

HelpR

Smash Ace
a roxio usb capture card, it came with my copy of roxio easy cd creator 2009.

it's honestly not as good as the gamebridge if you wanna play games on the laptop directly, but you get a decent capture card with good software

if I recall, it costed 50 bucks total cause my dad got an awesome deal somewhere. capture card with the easy cd creator 2009 software.

http://www.amazon.com/Roxio-Easy-VHS-to-DVD/dp/B001LQO4P4/ref=pd_sim_dbs_e_3

edit: looking at the reviews, alot of people seem to hate it, lol. so i dunno, it works for me

Wister_Mame_and_Gatch

Smash Cadet
Hah, play games on my laptop. That's hilarious. That's impossible! Science has proven that doing that would cause the universe to implode within itself.

$50? Not really something I'd clamor for I guess. My Dazzle does a good enough job so I guess I'll stick with it. I don't want to spend that much money on a device that is in the direct middle of both my capture devices in terms of quality.

Edit: I just thought of this now. But you know what would've made TV #1 THE tv to go to?

If we had a projector.

Yeah.... that would've been awesome.

Oh, there I go on a rant of my own.

HelpR

Smash Ace
lmao. I love how you mention it since last time we HAD a projector.

i'm assuming you went to PB3 then, if you didnt, **** was awesome. we couldnt get it this time unfortunately, and we were a bit short on tvs, but dmt stepped up on streamlining the matches and we got crap done.

edit: ninjad?

Top Bottom