• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC - Poly Brawl 4 - March 6th! - LIVESTREAM IS UP

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Poly Brawl is BACK! Back AGAIN!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESULTS: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9750199#post9750199

Poly Brawl will be hosted by me (dMT) and my crew, Polytek.

All Is Brawl

I recommend any AiB members click that they are attending this tournament if they plan to, as this will also help spread the word.

CONFIRMED Attendees

If you're confirmed and not on the list let me know. if you are on the list and are not sure, also let me know lol. Just let me know people!

DATE - March 6th

Schedule
NOTE: The schedule will be followed tightly due to time constraints and high expected attendance. You are responsible for being present on time and registering on time to participate. While the tournament is in progress, you are responsible for situating yourself where you will be able to hear your name called. In the case that you must step out, make sure to inform me at the front desk. I reserve the right to DQ anyone who does not respond to their called match as listed under Mage's DQ Rule.

10am - Registration for both events
11am - Doubles
2pm - Singles

Tournament Prices

$10 Venue fee
$10 Singles
$10 Doubles per teammate

Setup Discounts

TV - $5 off venue fee
Wii - $2 off venue fee
FULL SETUP ( TV + Wii ) - Full Venue Fee Discount

NOTE: Discounts apply only if the equipment is used!

Prizes

Up to 40 people...
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%

More than 40 people...
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 25%
3rd Place - 10%
4th Place - 5%

Doubles will have a similar payout trend adjusted for teams.

Polytechnic Institute of NYU
6 Metrotech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201

Subway - ( www.hopstop.com is your friend )
A, C, F - Take to Jay St. - Borough Hall and exit onto Jay St. / Myrtle Promenade. You should be right near the front entrance, there's a BIG Red Statue there and the front entrance says NYU:poly.

B, Q - Take to De Kalb Ave. Once you get off, transfer to the R, M train headed uptown toward Manhattan. Take it one short stop to Lawrence St... (refer to R, M directions...)

R, M - Take to Lawrence St. and take an exit around the mid area of the platform. Head up to Jay St., the busiest street in the area, hard to miss it. Head in the direction away from Fulton St., and towards City Tech / Marriot. Once you see the BIG Red Statue, head there and you should see the entrance to NYU: Poly.

2 ,3 ,4 , 5 - Take to Borough Hall. Walk towards Jay St. Similar to the directions for R, M trains, but you will be across the street on the other side of Jay. St. Look for the BIG Red Statue and head towards it and enter NYU:poly.

Cell Phone: (718) - 795 - 6223 - Call for any trouble with directions on the day of the event

INFORMATION

RULE SET

Singles

• 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • No Items
  • No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)
  • 50 Ledge grab rule will be enforced. If any player grabs the edge more than 50 times in a game, that player will be considered the loser of the game.
  • If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You cannot quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
  • First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that cannot be used in counter picks.
  • Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
  • You may not counter pick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character**
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
** If the loser of the previous match chooses to use random pick for the stage, the winner cannot change character

Neutral Stages: - each player can strike one stage and remaining stage is played

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Yoshi's Island (SSBB)

Counterpick Stages:

• Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Brinstar
  • Pokemon Stadium(Melee)

1. Any Standing and Small Step Infinite is BANNED .
  2. If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
  3. Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
  4. If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
  5. If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
Doubles

Same standard rules and stages as singles.

Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.

• Stock sharing is allowed.
  • Team Attack is on.

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages DQ Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Update History:
12.30.2009 - Updated Venue Fee Discount information. Full Discount for Full Setups

VENUE:

OK guys here are some pictures of the venue:

This is taken right from the entrance to the lounge facing slightly left...

From the entrance again, now more to the right

Taken from the corner opposite of the entance

another angle

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
i know lol i was just kidding. hes sleeping like a baby right behind me now lol and nah he i dont think hed do that inui. hes not too fond of you :p

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
****in hype!

Def coming to this. Gonna try and do better than last place this time. lol

Vinnie

Smash Master
Yay

obviously don't make it the same day as Viridian (February 28th I think), I'm probably coming either way, but can't confirm myself on aib until Jan 12th cuz I'm banned :p

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
who would wanna team with me at this? ....maybe ill just wait and prove my self till this happens then ask some1 lol. no more sandbag in singles ppl

Top Bottom