• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

tedeth

Smash Master
Look. I'll figure it all out. Everything everyone has said is something I've already thought about before you said it. Especially Gords.

The best idea is to let me ponder everyone's situation and get back to you with what we're going to do.

Toby.

Smash Master
So I won't be able to come to this anymore. I may be able to get there late (as in 4pm or later), but not in time for any actual events.

Sorry Attila, but it would be better if you didn't house with me anymore. Since I won't actually BE at my place when you guys are in NSW, it could be a little awkward :(

Shrimp Rock

Smash Rookie
Look. I'll figure it all out. Everything everyone has said is something I've already thought about before you said it. Especially Gords.

The best idea is to let me ponder everyone's situation and get back to you with what we're going to do.
Sounds hard to try and get this to work. I still think singles should be first because it is what more people want to do and it would suck if someone had to leave near the finals.

I think I can bring a TV by the way.

S.D

Smash Master
So I won't be able to come to this anymore. I may be able to get there late (as in 4pm or later), but not in time for any actual events.

Sorry Attila, but it would be better if you didn't house with me anymore. Since I won't actually BE at my place when you guys are in NSW, it could be a little awkward :(
Bad person imo.

I think I can bring a TV by the way.
Good person imo.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dont worry shrimp rock it'll work out and ted has plenty of experience and people to help him.

you should totally invent "the shrimp rock jab lock"

tibs7

Smash Champion
ouch, attila just got owned.
but yeah toby come later, still have to meet you =)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
toby is going away? sounds urgent, i hope everything is ok...

but this also means i need a bed. onegaishimasu...

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
shmot kunwa, nihon no hito desu ka?
bokuwa nihon no hito jyanai desukara nihongo o hanashi takunai.

If thats right?

Anyway...

Someone please catch same train as me T_T.

Its the train that either arrives at emu plains at 9.12am or 8.12 am.
Can't decide to be early or barely on time...

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yo Attila, you can house with me if you want. Is it just the one night or what? :)

We can totally work on team strats and talk about tedeth behind his back for his silly doubles rules all night long. :3

And you get a ride to the venue. Sweet!

Zero

Smash Hero
さあ、日本語は人気だろうね。。。

Seriously, everyone here speaks Japanese, it's crazy. How long have you been learning, gopo?

Also to answer Attila's question asked before, I've been learning only for a year now, beginners course in high school. Learning's soooooo slow, can't wait to actually pick it up at my own pace next year while I relax and not do uni.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
Oh to answer youre question im doing my "2nd year" of Japanese at school but i didn't do Japanese first year at school T_T. So i had to put a lot of effort into learning the stuff.
So i guess i can say ive been learning *** for about a year.
BTW im not Japanese. Im korean, the awesome asians. ^^.

Tips to increasing japanese skills.
Wherever you go, talk in japanese no matter what even if the guy who you're talking to you doesn't understand whatsoever. I did that and increase my japanese skills highly.
After a whole week of speaking rando japanese i was threatened by many friends and so i quit.

Zero

Smash Hero
I went to Japan in the summer holidays on an exchange program. I didn't learn much, since my Japanese is crap, but it pretty much re-inspired me to actually put effort into it; I was really, really bored with the subject, wondering where I was going to go with it.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
WOW you went to Japan.
TBH i was only inspired for japanese coz i heard that it was easy and a fairly good subject to do to "boost" marks etc.

smash tourney ni nihongo o hanashimashyou

Zero

Smash Hero
ぜひ話すよ!

Haha, I picked Japanese purely on nerd instinct. Given the opportunity in Year 9 and I probably would have done the same, instead of topping the school in Legal Studies...

Should have picked bio instead x_x

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I doubt I won't win on Sunday, I smuggled someone from America over, been practicing every day.

(This american is actually good :p)

No jokes D0N, we're both right, we're teaming in doubles, remember?

Watashi Wa AIRMAN

AND YOU KNOW YOU CANT BEAT AIRMAN.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
It's so obvious that Jigglypuff will pierce the placings with her determination and drill!

Gords

Smash Champion
Someone please catch same train as me T_T.

Its the train that either arrives at emu plains at 9.12am or 8.12 am.
Can't decide to be early or barely on time...
Ill be on the train that leaves granville at 7:42 and arrives penrith at 8:10.
if you are catching connecting busus i recomend this train to catch the 8:30 bus that arrives at the venue at 8:50am. I have never had a problem with this connection however Scoot/swordsaint went to catch the 9:30 bus once and it didnt show up.

NOTE: If your using public transport to get to and from this tournament travel to Penrith Station for connections. trains run more frequently to this station and the station has bus services (listed on the front page) as well as a cab rank at this station.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
me and ted bought it for you, ted has it so he'll bring it for you, and it'll be used at the tourney no doubt as ted stated we'd be using ntsc melee <3

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i am not completely gaijin, but i LIVED in japan for 8 months. i win ;)

Yo Attila, you can house with me if you want. Is it just the one night or what? :)

We can totally work on team strats and talk about tedeth behind his back for his silly doubles rules all night long. :3

And you get a ride to the venue. Sweet!
offer accepted. how excitement!

its for saturday and sunday night. although the plane leaves at 6:15am on monday, so ill probs be gone before youre awake :p

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Why is love spam so hard to infract...?

Must... resist... urage.... to ... RED CARD....

RAGEEEEE :mad: :mad:

I can't find my NTSC Melee but I totally agree it's the most *****in' version of Melee. Especailly version 1.0. Boozy flame cancel and Samus bomb-cancel tricksy wubs!

tedeth

Smash Master
So in terms of the schedule I'm thinking maybe something like this:

Basically the room will be seperated into 2 sections, 1 for each game. (Or we could even use both rooms if needbe)
We start with Brawl singles and melee doubles. If people have a singles match to do they should do that before their doubles match in ALL CASES to avoid having like 10 rounds of singles to do at the end (and brawl just take so much longer)
As soon as melee doubles is finished we boot up the singles for melee, similarly with brawl doubles coming in after singles.

This should keep most people busy most of the time. If something is falling behind we can easily allocate another TV or 2 to that event to speed things up.

This gets rid of the problem of the huge amount of "brawltards" complaining about having to leave early, and will also solve the possible problem of Turtle complaining about too many "brawltards" slowing down the melee bracket.

We also get to finish with an exciting finals of S.D vs Cao in melee, and me and luke beating Toby (if he makes it in time) and Ricky in brawl doubles. :)

Still need more equipment imo.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah attila and i arent teaming 'cause we know you guys will start crying if we did :p
instead cao and i are =) we will probs win anyway.
and ill be in melee finals just watch!

Top Bottom