• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

tedeth

Smash Master
Well... I guess as long as nobody objects too much we can make it 15 just to increase the prize pool. It's only 5 bucks extra and it will make the prizes from relarively crappy to decent. Like consider the difference if there are 35 ppl attending.

For $10 entry:
1st- $50
2nd- $20
3rd- $0 :(

For $15 entry:
1st- $80
2nd- $50
3rd- $25

With $2.50 left over.

This could differ a bit if there are alot more ppl playing one game

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
well... you've added an extra 100$ onto the prize money when 35x5 = 175 and therefor only 87.50 can be added to each prize pool per 5$

tedeth

Smash Master
35*15=525
525-210(hall hire)=315
315/2=157.5

Therefore 157.5 for Brawl and same for melee.
Isn't that right? I was like 15 bucks off the first time but ive fixed it now that I actually did it on a calculator. :p

Gords

Smash Champion
So now you guys start to see that a higher entry fee would be better. I believe I was the first to suggest a $15 entry fee.

Only $10 for the day. How many people do you expect are going to come and will prizes be given out for all events?

With the venue at $210 we are going to need at least 30 people to show up to have some decent prize money for one event to get prizes. With 30 attendees brawl singles can get a decent 60/30/10 prize pool ($54/$27/$9 or round it off at $55/$25/$10). With this though doubles and melée will get no prize money at all.

If the entry fee was $15 then it would only take 14 attendees to pay the venue. Now if only 20 people show up then a prize pool like the above can happen (Although changing the ratio to $50/$25/15 may be better so at least third place gets their entry fee back). However I think you should get at least a little more than 20 judging by boost attendence. This would give a prize pool for melée singles, 26 total attendees would result in a prize pool to match the brawl singles. Now I think 26 attendees is quite achievable. However if it reaches the 30 attendence mark then there would be $60 prize pool for the brawl doubles, which can probably go to the winnng team at $30 each player.
So I think entry should be at $15 for the day, but that's only my opinion it's still up to you tedeth as you are the TO.
Well even with 30 people at $10 entry that will only allow either brawl or melée singles a decent prize pool. I also estimate a turn out of about 25 people for this event ( although 30+ would be great) and if it is $10 entry then there would only be $40 for prizes which is no where enough to give to the top 3 of any singles event. The best we could do with that would be $30 to 1st and $10 to 2nd.
Now 25 people at $15 entry would give $165 total prize pool. This is enough to give a decent prize amount for both singles event.
@ prize issue

I'm not really fused about prize money for myself as I will be lucky if I get any anyway, I was just making it aware that only $5 difference in entry makes a big change to the prize pool ($125 when 25 people attend).
So what made you guys notice the error in your ways. Was it the lack of TVs or the epic prize money at the ACT tourney. Either way I still believe $15 is the way to go. Especailly with the turn out that seeks to be showing for this.

On another note,
Tedeth I am now able to stay for the entire event so my wii is safe to say it will be there all day too. Also are the rumors true? Are people going to your place afterwards to play smash. If so I wouldn't mind joining in.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Oh Gords. Do you mind bringing Pokemon Puzzle league just in case there's enough TVs?

Should still be some sort of enticement to bring TVs :/

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Already brings two consoles and 5 controllers anyway Gords. Do you want me to bring Tetris Attack too?

Bjay

Smash Lord
In my opinion don't bring other games. Both a Brawl and a Melee tournament are being hosted, so you want to be able to fit that all in, let things flow smoothly, and not have distractions either.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I agree with bjay lol, its looking like tedeth might not have enough equipment which means everybody needs to do their part to make things run smooth.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
well....it breaks my heart...but.....

i wont be coming

Its Year 12 time and i really got to start working hard ( so prty much no smash for a year)

i kno you will miss my awesome (pimpin) melee DOC and my...braw chars...and my wii.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
well....it breaks my heart...but.....

i wont be coming

Its Year 12 time and i really got to start working hard ( so prty much no smash for a year)

i kno you will miss my awesome (pimpin) melee DOC and my...braw chars...and my wii.

its school holidays u spastic...

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
oh is it? i didn't realise! :O

the year 12 is an excuse for the future...

i forgot to mention im also working

Aesthetic

Smash Cadet
I can bring Melee, and a memory card.

I can also bring my N64, if anyone cares. Just gotta make sure it works.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Dang... can't go </3

Melee fest up till 8:30 and ugh... going out that night with friends.

...May be able to attend for friendlies, will have to leave at around 4 - 5ish.
I haven't played melee in like a MONTH. Needs practise <3

NB: Will go. SD's Bday 2morrow guys!

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
i will make a glorious comeback one day ( you better not forget about our meta knights)

soz toby and ted. ill make it up to you someday.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Dang... can't go </3

Melee fest up till 8:30 and ugh... going out that night with friends.

...May be able to attend for friendlies, will have to leave at around 4 - 5ish.
I haven't played melee in like a MONTH. Needs practise <3

NB: Will go. SD's Bday 2morrow guys!
What's NB?

Woo! Sam is going to be another year older :p

S.D

Smash Master
Yay for leaving my teenage years behind :)

Not yay for wrecking my ankle the day before my birthday by being a spastic at indoor soccer :(

Soft tissue damage always sounds like it should be less painful amirite?

Thanks for the wub guys <3

I should be able to bring my wii and brawl/melee even if i am crippled.

Bjay

Smash Lord
da'mn that sucks :( hope your ankle gets better soon.

edit - curse da'mn for being a filtered word.

Top Bottom