• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

Gords

Smash Champion
Cao, I apologies for all the swearing.

And after all that nobody has yet answered my main question about Green Greens. All I hear is "blah blah blah, the stage is gay, blah blah blah". So what exactly is so gay about green greens that merits on the counter/banned list of the SBR ruleset?

Zero

Smash Hero

+1 post count

Cao, I apologies for all the swearing.

And after all that nobody has yet answered my main question about Green Greens. All I hear is "blah blah blah, the stage is gay, blah blah blah". So what exactly is so gay about green greens that merits on the counter/banned list of the SBR ruleset?
Serious? The impeding wall that generates over the match creates a next to impenetrable wall which is incredibly dangerous to cross. You can't do anything if you're on the other side. I'd also take a wild stab and say that jablock infinites and D3's chaingrab have something to do with it.

D0N

Smash Ace
Gords: Green Greens has 4 walls to infinate on and its easy to camp. plus::

Kid explaining green greens glitch nervously - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C201wx0xmT8

A simple vid showing glitch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuAlYZXTiIA

Also a bomb block can randomly drop on your head, but maybe thats not as big of a deal.

And 2 more unrelated glitches cuz I can:

Jigglypuff - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0JFM3lXFe0&feature=related not really a glitch though...

Capt. Falcon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT-UhI3UFEg

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol gords, you dont get the joke, me and toby are just referencing something that alot of people here have seen so chill, but that Andrew oh my :0
also snake is pretty **** on green greens, block locks, ridiculous dthrow tech chase due to the side bits, snake can blow up the blocks with his junk (yeah what up) as well as his explosives and he, AND LOTS OF OTHER CHARACTERS can camp the **** out of that stage.

and also the bomb comment don made, I like this don kid he seems pretty pro

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i stopped play on green greens ever since a random block appeared on me when i was recovering high and auto-koed me. how annoying...

out of interest, dont the hazards on norfair make it really tough to camp for mk/wario? im assuming youre talking about the crazy ledge crap that they can do... lava stings you off a ledge, fire/lava walls force you next to the other player, etc.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nearly everytime I've played on green greens I've been saved from certain death by hitting a block as it spawns up near the blast zone at like 200% and accidentally teched it or been hit back into the ground or some other ******** thing that makes people hate me :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Umm, Meta Knight can just glide around the stage faster than any character can reach him... grabs a ledge, lets go, holds back a little bit, starts flapping his wings, and off! OFF! and AWAY! he goes wasting another 15-20 seconds roaming around the level.

Sure lava can get in the way of camping; but MK already has superior stage zoning than most characters in the game, and norfairs design allows MK to cover almost all 3 platforms with just his god **** SHUTTLE LOOP.

Also tornado allows fast escapes as well to another platform that not many/any characters can catch up to/punish (doubtful snake grenade will hit, pit arrows not going to be changing much... etc etc)

Toby.

Smash Master
It isn't considered hard at all for MK or Wario to avoid the hazards. The most difficult one is the lava wall, but all that requires is for the other player to move to the opposite side of the stage. Any other hazard can be avoided during the course of the planking without having to change anything.

I think its important to emphasise shayas point. Metaknight isn't simply hopping from one edge to another. Often the MK player will hop off the ledge and jump away from the stage into empy space, slowly stalling until finally he returns to the edge with any of his normal recovery options. The abundance of ledges means it couldn't be easier to stall out like this. Its also quite easy to extend the time in between each ledge grab to ensure that the edge grab limit isn't broken.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Umm, Meta Knight can just glide around the stage faster than any character can reach him... grabs a ledge, lets go, holds back a little bit, starts flapping his wings, and off! OFF! and AWAY! he goes wasting another 15-20 seconds roaming around the level.
this sounds like stalling to me. isnt that banned? and cant he do this on japes also?

@toby: does nsw have a ledge grab limit? we were gonna introduce one, but then pony started getting pwned anyway...

Toby.

Smash Master
I lol'd at the pony part.

To be honest I have no idea whether we've had a ledge grab limit. I normally don't pay much attention to rules like this because people don't try to time me out. It'll probably happen one day though :(

I believe the big difference between norfair and japes is that metaknight has a better variety of ledges to grab, making it far harder to punish. He can also glide around a lot easier on norfair because he doesn't have to waste jumps getting up high. He can also move up through the platforms, which makes it even harder to predict him.

Gords

Smash Champion
ok thanks guys, and i recon the best response was DONs, love the glitches posts. LOL at Jiggs.

My lack of knoledge into this game is really showing, i didnt even know about the pikman thing on that stage.

@luke
ok well i obviously missed something there. lol. i just saw stars and got confused.

EDIT: NOOOOO, Not Pirate Ship, thats my stage.

EDIT2: ok well while im at it, i may as well give my opinion based on the current discussion. you know since i brang it up and all.

well i say the following stages should all be counterpicked or all be banned for any particular tourney at the TOs discretion.
Norfair, Japes, green greens and mansion.
reason being is that i see people argueing that these stages have the same thing in common, they either promote stalling/camping or have some particular character that abuses something on that stage, such as CGs.

In regards to PS2, i say that should be counter pick because even though it is lame i cant see anything about it being unplayable or soimething that merits it even on the counter/banned list.

anyway there is my opinion. note though this is really only based on this discussion as i dont have time to look at much else, hence the reason why i asked the questions in the first place.

Browny

Smash Hater
gords, play ONE competitive match on PS2, youll have all the proof you ever want :p

also shaya have you ever played against MK's who will camp behind the tree, rock wall, and windmill on the 3 changes of PS1? I have. Try to approach that ****. you cant, you just die over and over again. every single time the stage changes to one of those 3 whoever gets behind the wall first is at such an advantage its pointless to approach them.

Im sure you could appreciate how hard it would be with marth trying to hit anyone camping below and behind the stage obstructions. it causes my matches on PS1 to always drag out for so long, wouldnt be surprised if they average 5+ minutes

Browny

Smash Hater
when a decent amount of time is spent in any one of those 3 transformations, having a stalemate occur every time is just ********. sure simply not approaching will fix it in the end but it allows MK (or anyone who can camp behind the walls) to run the timer extremely easily.

My only problem with PS1 is being a starter... as a CP i guess its ok

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
It's a choice between winning and losing.

If you care so much about the timer running, then by all means approach and hand over the game. :)

So like, is everyone ready for tomorrow? It's gonna be super packed, so much smash and people in the one room for extended periods. It's going to be amazing.

Get hype!

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'm not paying Harrison $5 for MK lessons when I can learn from much better players for free. :)

I LAG

Smash Lord
and the only mk who knows the "Scar combo" which is uber pro and if EA knew it everyone would be like WTF why is EA soo good now

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
It's not DSmash to DSmash to DSmash, is it?

Money match Scar for $5 in mk dittos. ;)
What would that prove?

I'll MM him for $1 cause I'm not made of money. I wanna MM as many people as possible anyway. :)

Edit: I want to MM IC v MK too though.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Per team.

I still dunno if Gords wants to do that, fine with me though.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Ilag wouldnt be worth taking lessons from yet, shaya would on the other hand, IF he was a good teacher.
which he is not.

I really hope I will be able to make it. I want to see how well I would do.
so do I dude, its always good to get new faces to the scene.

Top Bottom