• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Luke ur sig makes me laff.

So, Iso said he can't come to your meet EA :(. I theoretically could go, but i am awful timid, and also scared of scoot.

--

Also... green greens and corneria (brawl) banned in Ted's tourney, lame lame lame *tear*.

EDIT: Also weegees mansion, and to a lesser outrage, infinite moses island. those are like, oli's best 4 stages (i think), haha. mean.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Aww Malik, don't be shy, you already know most people going anyway. :p

Sucks that Iso can't go though. Olimar matches are always fun especially vs rich brown. ;_;

me and lv9 luigi vs gords and EA $2
If Gords is fine with that, accepted.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol lv 9 luigi
you should try using luigi against a lv 9 luigi, its one of the hardest cpu matchups imo

Gords

Smash Champion
ok not that i am argueing but can someone please tell me why green greens is a banned stage.

also why are luigi mansion and norfair off the counterpick list as well?

I can understand why corneria is although i am disappointed as it is one of my prefered stages.:(

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
fun fact for today, did you know that at one of the ACT tourneys ted had 29 matches won, 1 match lost.
29/1 I think thats gotta be a record.

also another fun fact, las vegas is so dirty that when toby put a bare foot on the ground (he was wearing thongs) and then looked at it, it was pretty much pitch black, and the city smells like ***, and for the entire time we were there, in hot sweaty temperature (4 days) shaya took 1 shower.
crazy smash hobo life styles I tell you...

I have lots of funny stories of America if you guys wanna hear them, although alot of them involve stupid things shaya did and he will probably get mad if I tell too many at once.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'd prefer you to put them as 'silly things Shaya did as a result of Luke not shutting the **** up'.
lol.

Two showers over 4 days Luke, two. But legit johns, include not being taken back to my hotel room one night at all, and getting sick with swine flu.

Zero

Smash Hero
ok not that i am argueing but can someone please tell me why green greens is a banned stage.

also why are luigi mansion and norfair off the counterpick list as well?

I can understand why corneria is although i am disappointed as it is one of my prefered stages.:(
Green Greens, Weegee's Mansion, Norfair and Corneria are all gay stages and rightfully banned.

Toby.

Smash Master
What zero means in that they all have elements that can be easily abused to result in dramatically one sided, long and boring matches. You just have to pick the right character and you auto win.

Although I think you could probably get away with keeping green greens legal. It's not as bad as the other 3.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Green greens is pimp, it's like...the only reason me and enigmalik took a round off toby/meteor in doubles way back when.

But yeah....uni is sapping all my time now. Between work, assignments and other random crap I have almost no time these days, hence why I can't come tomorrow.

That being said, I'm making sure to keep the 23rd free.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If anyone wishes to money match me on Weegee's Mansion or Norfair with their main, WHO FEELS THAT THE STAGE SHOULD BE LEGAL, say AYE!

I could probably be gay on GGs or Corneria with Snake... Actually, the Dedede rule isn't in effect any more, so I'd use D3 (or ill give a list of chars and you can pick.. probably either Snake, Dedede, Olimar, Olimar or Olimar).

I was very happy to prove to e_alert, defiled and zero why norfair shouldn't be legal in one sitting.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
those stages are banned in nsw? i understand luigi's (to stop really gay camping), but norfair? why? its just as gay for mk/wario as japes is for falco or rc is for mk/pit/wario. double standards much?

Browny

Smash Hater
hey shaya, how about norfair vs diddy? :)

also you cant possibly ban norfair while allowing PS2. that stage is about as anti-competitive as wario ware. 3/4 of the transformations involve fighting against the stage rather than the opponent, and the one that doesnt has a wall for infinite combos. I honestly cant imagine how anyone in their right mind would choose that stage for any reason other than to piss off the other player as much as possible, while not necessarily trying to win on the CP.

Toby.

Smash Master
those stages are banned in nsw? i understand luigi's (to stop really gay camping), but norfair? why? its just as gay for mk/wario as japes is for falco or rc is for mk/pit/wario. double standards much?
attila if you look at the sbr ruleset for brawl you will see this:

Counter/Banned
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair

Banned
Corneria

Japes is on the counter list.

"Stages become Banned stages when it is agreed by a 2/3 majority in the SBR that they are not a fair or competitive stage at all, in that certain characters can easily have a near 100% win rate against others at top level play or that a large majority of the cast cannot actively be played on this stage, or that the stage simply requires such a radical change in gameplay that players cannot be reasonably expected to adapt (such as the Cave of Immortality in Hyrule Temple). Hazards can also cause a stage to be banned if they are random in nature and thus directly disrupting gameplay on a consistent basis, or if they are so powerful and/or unavoidable that they directly determine the outcome of a match on a consistent basis."

You've admitted that certain characters have stupid advantages on norfair. Shouldn't the real question be: "why isn't japes banned?".

NSW isn't doing anything strange. We're using the SBR ruleset. If you honestly can't see why there would be justification for banning norfair then I don't know what to say. Its pretty obvious to me, and the majority of the smash community.

You'll notice that norfair was banned at genesis and EVO as well.

Norfair is one of my favourite stages, but from a competetive standpoint it is pretty fail.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
DJbrowny, you and I both know (especially because you brought it up at a later point) that MK destroys all on Norfair.

You even said "I would have gone MK on norfair but I wanted to prove something with lucario" (or similar)

Marth doesn't **** Norfair. He has some good bonuses, but he isnt broken on the stage like MK or Wario are.

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol attila beat amaterasu with snake on norfair many times, so much that he ended up banning it against him...

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah true, he doesnt play gay. thats why everyone loves him =)

Attila_

BRoomer
he abused it, but i abuse it more. nades cover my underside, c4s give me a safe getaway if i need to run and camp, and dthrow tech chase is broken as on that stage.

in fact, i have a better record against mk on norfair than i do on yoshi's or bf. lololol

@toby: what im saying is, if norfair is banned, japes and rc should be banned too. if norfair is allowed, then these stages should be allowed too. but you shouldnt be able to pick and choose just to suit.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Someone hasn't told me why something as lame as PS2 is CP.

Otherwise I want all other abovementioned gay stages to not be banned ~ this ruleset is boring

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh I agree that Japes shouldn't be legal.

RC is so so and very opinionated. Whilst I agree it's super MK level, some tend to argue that Wario, ZSS, etc etc do well on it as well.

God ****it, your ruleset sucks as it is CAO, why bring the fail up to the mother land?

P.S. Melbourne never changed any rulesets for me :( Well, kinda did -eventually- but it required a lot more work than you guys are putting into it right now, haha.

Toby.

Smash Master
i'm aware of that attila, and I agree. If i was running the tournament japes would probably be banned.

Despite that, what I'm saying is that these NSW rules fall within the boundary of the accepted sbr ruleset.

The ruleset calls japes a normal CP whilst the others are considered borderline banned. So its not really a case of the TO picking and choosing (we don't have any falco TO's anyway). It's an issue ingrained within the rule set itself.

EDITED FOR MASSIVE DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF.

in otherwords nevermind i checked the rocky stage list and no longer care.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
GaW loves sky world :laugh:. PS2 is like... a joke level.

If Japes and Rainbow cruise are banned... then most of the counter-picks are like.. pseudo-neutrals anyway. Few characters will be able to actually get any advantage from them, the more outlandish ones, are the ones which tend to skew the match ups more dramatically, or at all. It'l mainly just be, platforms vs no platforms, hollow bottom vs no hollow bottom. I guess picto has a highish ceiling :dizzy:. Think of peachy, where will she go! (I just think japes has cool music and cruise is pretty).

EDIT: Tobyyy, people who play meta-knight aren't playing him for opponent entertainment value. (Not that I'm disagreeing with you)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So every counter pick should be completey skewed in one characters favour?
Like Olimar on GGs and Corneria?

Japes has it's issues, but we're a "reflective" scene. If something arises that is of concern it will be resolved. Some of the itty gritty stages don't even worry me, if someone wishes to gay me with a stage I'll either ditto or counter-gay them.

As Toby likes to put it, certain stages whilst interesting in fun play, at competitive play leads to centralisation. Joyfunhappytimes.

Browny

Smash Hater
always with the gay :(

btw i dare anyone here to find me a single competitive match played on pokemon stadium 1 where at no time does the stage not centralise the gameplay

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What?

The way a battle on A STAGE is played (gameplay) is not centralised by the stage's characteristics on ANY other stage?
Like what?

If you refer to the stage transformations causing camping/etc... then... well same happened in melee I guess. Except that with the changes to the windmill it got all gayed up...
In essence I feel the argument for PKMN Stadium 2 is that whilst transformations are annoying, they are not detrimental to your stock/percents. And except for the automatic/electricity part, camping is not -too extreme-. Hell I'd say theres a quarter or less camping happening on PKMN S2 then there is on Final D or PKMN S1.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
If anyone wishes to money match me on Weegee's Mansion or Norfair with their main, WHO FEELS THAT THE STAGE SHOULD BE LEGAL, say AYE!
I reckon I could take your marth on luigi's manion ;), probably not your d3 though, and olimar would just be ****ed I would have no chance at that.

anyways good points risen about japes, other stages are banned because certain characters get too big an advantage on those stages, so wtf doesnt japes fall into this category?
falco, rob, DK, maybe metaknight for planking and gimping wario for same reason.

so what up? I would rather norfair over japes but meh, I know how you feel having your **** counterpick taken from you Attila.

although at Melbourne I have the most fun, its like SD said long ago the big stage list, whilst gay, is so much more fun diverse, but since we're trying to be a COMPETITIVE scene now I guess theres no chance of that.

Toby.

Smash Master
he abused it, but i abuse it more.
The point is that if he wasn't even playing the way that makes MK broken there, so the fact that you won is irrelevent.

You abused the stage more than somebody who wasn't abusing it.

And Luke since shaya is proving a point about luigis being broken he won't be using marth there. Metaknight.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I reckon I could take your marth on luigi's manion ;), probably not your d3 though, and olimar would just be ****ed I would have no chance at that.
Whilst I said THEIR MAIN, I didn't say I'd be using mine.
Why would I prove a stage is broken when Marth doesn't outright **** any stages :|

I wouldnt use D3 to prove Luigis is broken either, why not just use MK's infinite amount of long range sharp jab lock set ups? Well, against Snake it wouldn't work.

Snake is an example of a character that does extremely well on Luigi's anyway.

Attila_

BRoomer
The point is that if he wasn't even playing the way that makes MK broken there, so the fact that you won is irrelevent.

You abused the stage more than somebody who wasn't abusing it.
fine then. in this match, i didnt abuse the stage at all, and still came out with the win:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSpUpAM5KRc&feature=related

Snake is an example of a character that does extremely well on Luigi's anyway.
poles that stop nades, rising roof that ruins c4, high ceiling, small sides... snake loves that stage O_o

Toby.

Smash Master
Attila you keep missing my point :(

I'll try and word it more clearly.

I said: Norfair is banned because metaknight can plank/camp on that stage like crazy.
You said: But I beat Amaterasu consistently on that stage. Clearly MK isn't unbeatable there.
I said: Amaterasu doesn't even abuse the stage by camping, so you beating him doesn't mean that the stage is fine.
You said: He WAS abusing the stage, I just abused it better.
I said: He can't have been abusing it if he wasn't even camping.
You said: Well here's a link to me beating him without me abusing the stage.

And now I say: the link proves nothing, because he STILL isn't camping away. The point is that MK is broken when he does certain things on that stage. Wario can do similar things too. So beating a player who never, ever does those things is completely irrelevent to the discussion.

I hope thats clear :S

Hopefully I didn't sound too much like a douche.

Top Bottom