• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

S.D

Smash Master
Shaya doesn't like it when people play more than 2 characters because it messes with his calculations for Aussie tiers.

However, Scoot, you did use mk + snake when it came down to it (ie: winners and gf) I only saw the Falco vs Tedeth.

Who really cares what characters come up next to your name anyways :p

swordsaint

Smash Master
Shaya doesn't like it when people play more than 2 characters because it messes with his calculations for Aussie tiers.

However, Scoot, you did use mk + snake when it came down to it (ie: winners and gf) I only saw the Falco vs Tedeth.

Who really cares what characters come up next to your name anyways :p
I actually took a match off Meteor with Falco as well and beat Scar (2nd match) with Falco.
I don't see how 3 characters can conflict so much with Shaya's calculations, I used Metaknight, Snake and Falco.

If Shaya wants to whinge still he can keep Metaknight and Snake.

Ant1

Smash Ace
LOL tourny called Ant's a Douche, you know that could be considered as slander.
When have i paid someone out?
When have i proclaimed that i would own everyone?
Plz if u can find posts where i have done such things plz link them. Becoz i doubt i ever did.

Zero

Smash Hero
We've had SHAYASGAY and SCARISATOOL as well. Ted hates Scar on the internet but Scar never complained or cared, he still came to the tournament and would have placed if he didn't have to leave.

Grow up. It's all fun and games in Western Sydney anyway.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Becoz it's sooo easy to tell if someone is joking or not. It's always serious then as soon as someone gets confronted it somehow turns into just being a joke. I been through that type of situation be4 a few times. If ur joking say jk's.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Just be glad he didn't roll > jab you

EDIT: btw ted, was you Mum hurt after that close encounter with a window?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Wow, that's pretty cheap Ted. I can't believe I went to your house! Cheap scrub, go back to you cheap Falco tactics and spamming Wolf's broken roll > jab

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I think Ted should pick up Neko Chaos in Melty Blood and spam those lazars, in order to compliment his banworthy, cheap roll-to-jab and SHDL tactics. :D

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I think we can all agree that Ted is quite banworthy, really.

Third'd.

Edit: I hate you, Ted, that post was NOT there when I wrote mine. ;_;

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It doens't mess with calculations.

I just find it excessive that a tournament with 15 people (yet again, no offence to Ted) could really find worth in using more than 2 important characters.

To a degree the list is about patriotism plus 'reality'. Like Ted being 'patriotic' to Wolf or something. Scoot, you're not in the same as patriotic; you use the appropriate character to give the opponent the hardest match up possible. Hence the reality part comes in ->
Won two matches with Falco against people.
But you used Meta Knight and Snake in important matches as a MAJORITY compared to Falco.

When it comes to such a small tournament, once you have such numbers (3 or more characters) the points distributed become more and more insignifcant as well.

Getting uppity/angry/rude (like you have in the past, like in the melbourne thread relating to cao recently) because of a level of common sense I'm attempitng to put onto this is not getting you anywhere.
Yes to a degree I'm saying "what I say goes", but I don't see a reason for you to have 3 chars next to your name.
I didnt consider Lucas as next to meteor until he told me he used him solely against S.D in the loser's final.

Was Falco as important to you?

tedeth

Smash Master
There's no case. I never actually said "Ant is a douche", i named a tourney "ANOTHER NOTORIOUSLY TERRIFIC, INTRIGUING SMASH AFTERNOON! DAY OF UBER CHAMPIONS' HONORABLE EXPLOITS!". Everything beyound that point is just coincidence. :p

swordsaint

Smash Master
It's hard to define a level of importance though, Shaya. Falco got me through to the finals but I still used Metaknight and Snake for a majority in the finals in two matches I didn't win. I used Falco in matches that were of arguably less importance but won. However I used Metaknight and Snake in arguably more important matches that I lost. I'm taking this in to consideration.

The reality of it is, I used all three of those characters and they all contributed to my placing. However, since I can't be stuffed arguing any further, plus when I did start it I was kind of annoyed and taking it out on you Shaya, I apologise.

Put me down as Falco and Snake, despite using Metaknight more than I did Falco, I think Falco contributed more seeing as I lost most of the matches against Meteor when I used Metaknight.

Throwback

Smash Lord
@shaya: I understand that characters have less statistical significance if a person uses more of them in a smaller tourney. However, from scoot's pov the characters are MORE important (relatively) since they represent a larger percentage of his matches.

You should put all 3 characters in and if they then have less effect on the ratings, that's actually how stats are supposed to work.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Put me down as Falco and Snake, despite using Metaknight more than I did Falco, I think Falco contributed more seeing as I lost most of the matches against Meteor when I used Metaknight.
I'm happy with this reasoning, is Sam, Ricky or Ted happy with it? :p

By the way; if Ted were to say you should be listed as all 3 I'd be fine with it; tournament organiser rightz. It's TOs that I request give me their representation of the top 8s character usages, and if there are contentions with that, to resolve that more with [him] the TO, rather than myself.

tedeth

Smash Master
I don't really care too much either way. I think the way you should look at it is "Which characters are directly responsible for my position?" If Scoot feels he could have gotten the same position without MK or that his MK was unsuccessful in comparison to the others, then there's no point having MK there imo.

S.D

Smash Master
I'm happy with this reasoning, is Sam, Ricky or Ted happy with it? :p

By the way; if Ted were to say you should be listed as all 3 I'd be fine with it; tournament organiser rightz. It's TOs that I request give me their representation of the top 8s character usages, and if there are contentions with that, to resolve that more with [him] the TO, rather than myself.
Idc

10whogivesa****s

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I like how Throwback came in with the best idea out of all of you and he was completely ignored.
good work guys, guess us canberians are just too good for your minds.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
I like how Throwback came in with the best idea out of all of you and he was completely ignored.
good work guys, guess us canberians are just too good for your minds.
Here, Here......

And whilst doing a stats major i think that i am qualified enough in saying that what throughback said is spot on and if that is not the way you were doing it in the first place then the tourney list is inaccurate and should be revised, end of story.
No wonder MK is so gay high on the list

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Revising it won't change MK's position lols.

Although I agree; if a player feels that 3 characters played a significant part in his position, then those 3 should be listed next to his name. Obviously this should be backed up by X player confirming the usage of said characters and other such proof, but there shouldn't be a cap on the number of characters that can be listed.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Revising it won't change MK's position lols.

Although I agree; if a player feels that 3 characters played a significant part in his position, then those 3 should be listed next to his name. Obviously this should be backed up by X player confirming the usage of said characters and other such proof, but there shouldn't be a cap on the number of characters that can be listed.
is there a link to where shaya explains how the stats are worked out? or are we all speculating?

Here is the Australian Brawl Character rank list.
Points are accruded through the top 8 placements' character usages in tournaments.
Point Base = (Entry Fee * Number of Entrants) / 100
First = 10; Second = 7, 3rd/4th = 4, 5/6th = 2, 7/8th = 1.

so if first place uses 2 characters each character gets 10 or 5?
if shaya uses marth, MK, ganon do they all get 10 even if ganon was only against tickles or me? or do they get 3.333333333333333333333333333333333333 each

i am confused

Top Bottom