• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I came to the tourney expecting to have Melee Singles as my best event for the day, I acutally did it!
With Captain Falcon and for Brawl singles, with Captain Falcon too! (I lost the best way possible).

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Shaya don't be so negative about the tourney just because you weren't there. I'm already really disappointed at the low turnout. It's like half of what we've had previously.
Dont feel bad about the turnout ted, if it had been in like two weeks time everyone would have finished their exams and you would have got a but load of people going, trust me i can think of like ten off the top of my head (This includes me:mad:) not including tcr or shaya who would have definetly made it but had exams.
Considering no one could come, i think it was pretty successful....

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaya don't be so negative about the tourney just because you weren't there. I'm already really disappointed at the low turnout. It's like half of what we've had previously.
I'm not being negative about the tournament, I hear people enjoyed it, it was finished in a timely manner, whilst covering all events; it was a successful tournament.

Tournaments in peak times such as these were destined to have it's issues. I think whilst having one of my "Wet dreams" I saw this happening.

isthattim?

Smash Ace

S.D

Smash Master
Sounds like minimum GOOD factor.

:V

where are you GHNEKO!?

Also about rob's side b!
It was seen as completely useless; it could be easily shielded mid-way and punished, it didn't reflect projectiles too well... i like it now!

ROB in brawl+ is the epic. Pat knows.
**** up Shaya - D3 placed 3rd btw XD

Turns out I'm actually not as **** at brawl as I thought, just lacking a severe amount of knowledge on metagame changes in the last say 8 months.

Had my chances to win but ran into too many fully charged forward smashes and u tilts at the wrong time XD

Congrats to both Meteor and Scoot for taking me out, both in good, fun, close sets.

Especially congrats to Ricky who was on freaking fire in the finals. Kazcombos and water spikes everywhere :)

Thanks again to Ted for running the show, thanks to my team mates Ricky and Bjay and thanks to everyone I played.

Might consider shoutouts tomoz... maybe...

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
get any final's recorded?

.someone must have recording equipment apart from shaya...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Only when the IC's know the infinites, or chaingrab to spike otherwise the ganon can win.
Or u could pick Rainbow cruise and hope for the best?
Lol last time scoot lost with MK he told me he wasn't gonna use him and that his MK sucks, but he still used him again.
Scoot why didn't u use marth and infinite his ness :D U can use sonic also but its harder.
I wouldn't do that anyway it's a cheap way to win imo.
wtf have I told you about giving out your useless **** opinions, Even a single ice climber can do a down throw chain on ganon to the edge and just throw him off.
the single down throw chain is ridiculously easy.
there's no only, the matchup is ****ed anyway you play it.

anyways just got back then, I'll do some shoutouts later, summoner's ganon was absolutely **** in doubles and we had so many ****ed up awesome doubles combo's everywhere, what a champ, thanks for teaming tom.

also I feel I should explain this, scoot and zero were called the Equalibrium because I came up with it and I bet they didnt want to be called it but I think its lol's

the reasoning is that scoot is ****ing fail and lame (falco GG) and zero is just plain awesome, so they equal each other out.

nah scoot your allright, grats on second but ricky is just to pro <3 ricky your awesome, totally gonna pwn that shaya noob who likes to give oppinions when they arnt wanted.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
loool Icies drama.

Everything Icies have shuts down Ganon completely, whether or not they infinite has little meaning. I took a few stock today solo popo without even taking damage.

Note that Icies can infinite every character in the cast, based on your logic that means every matchup is ~99:1 if the IC can chain grab right? lol

Also CG to spike doesn't work, even an NT spike can be survived at any damage, called SDI son. Stop talking plz.

There IS a way a ganon can win a few out of many games, though. It's this thing called the IC player not taking **** seriously. zomg, friendlies, not serious?! o:

UGH, Ant, I can't tell if you're trolling or not. ICs r srs bsns.

btw interesting story, I actually had rainbow cruise banned against me as Icies for the first time today. **** that made things a lot easier for that counterpick.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Oh not the IC issue again... Ok ganon can't beat IC's i get it, all the IC player has to do is ban rainbow cruise, and ganon has nothing left. Where is mah pokefloats!
I got a new strategy for beating IC's with ganon though
What i do is i hide under some coats, and hope everything turns out ok

someone surely can get what i'm referencing

Dedu

Smash Lord
Hear hear.

Good tourney Teddy! <3 Yeah I know I wasn't there too...
Funny though as no one would turn up due to examsnshit[/fail]

Ricky 0.o good on ya for the win!

...7: Losers (Gords + EA)
That made me ROFL

I LAG

Smash Lord
ANT STFU!!!

ok shout outs

Meteor: I didn't get to gym battle you :(. ggs in pools and double elimination brackets ;-; pk fire from 0-90 is broken and PKT2 killing me on like 40% is also broken. NESS is just ****ing broken :mad: but you deserved the win your really good.

Scoot:I cant believe you used bottom tier captain falcon metaknight against meteor in the finals *face palm*

Ted: you gym challenge isn't mk friendly ;-;. i don't think i can ever get your badge with u killing me on like 50% with charged d-smashes and all the items falling straight to you.

Luke: :) i love mks d-throw in metal mode :chuckle:. teaming with you in melee was epic you carried me really far and i'm sorry about trying to double suicide with kirbys b-throw on meteor 3times.

Zero:your zss has really improved. lol when u gimped my mk a few times.

Bjay:ggs man your wario and G&W are tough. ;-; i hate rainbow cruise stupid stage killing me :mad:

ZNL: we did surprising well in brawl doubles. D-SMASH! D-SMASH! D-SMASH! D-SMASH! D-SMASH! D-SMASH! D-SMASH! what can i say G&Ws D-smash is amazing.

Your mother:you guys ***** hard. toby should be worried about being replace by SD.

Equilibrium: ggs knocked us out of the winners pool and losers pool. Scoot in that last match why did u have to be dog to ZNL and use snakes foward smash on him over and over. I grab releasing with zss into an up-air or up-tilt with snake is cheap <_<

Spike: ggs in brawl your dk and ike were really scary coz you could kill our mk&pika/g&w team so early.

Mummoner: man you guys ****. especially meteor who mind games me into trying to double suicide him 3times and then i failed. and that double rest KO at the end on luke and jiggz WAS OMFG!!! most epic thing i have ever seen in melee.

EA: lolol 2stocked by summoners ganon. someone get that on youtube asap. but ea i dont get how you can beat wario but not ganon.

swordsaint

Smash Master
1: Meteor-played absolutely amazing. Coming from losers bracket to win both sets which were both 5 matches long and down to the wire was astonishing for me. Except like match 10 where you raised the bar further and just solidified your win greatly. I can't say I wasn't confident in winning at least one set but surely you deserved both. Your Ness is fantastic.
2: Scoot- I love you so much.
3.S.D-Always great seeing and playing you, always entertaining and definately a challenge everytime. glad to get you back for last tournament, I played atrociously at hunter and just a bit happier I redeemed myself a little. Another close match using all 5 sets. Your Diddy is excellent, you use the bananas like a pro and know exactly when to space and when to get in close. Pity that whenever you ran to pick up one of your bananas you run straight into an up tilt.
4: Tedeth- No Wario? Man, as always definately a struggle. Definately did better on my Falco with Wolf than usual so I had to resort to Metaknight. Didn't wanna lose this match, REVENGE I say. Use wario more, he was definately your better character and I'm sure plenty of players will agree. (Toby has mentioned this to me before =P)
5: Luke- Didn't play you except for poules but the matches are always fun. Pro tip for fighting falco you used in Canberra. I think you forgot about it though, c4 yourself or blow up your own grenades at the beginning. I can't chain spike you if you're on 40% right from the get go, and you're instantly in the advantage basically. I hate weight classes. =( However I can't complain, using Metaknight and Snake myself. :p
5: Scar- **** you. No really though, did better than I expected well done on outplacing Zero and taking out Bjay, can't say I expected that. Also well done on taking out Luke's badge, that down smash on metal mode is just insane, not to mention lol down throw chain grab.
7: Zero- 2nd in teams, go us and yet we don't team THAT well together lol. Didn't play you in singles did I? Unlucky.
7: Bjay- 2nd in Melee, nice work. You're an awesome guy and fun to hang with. You should practice more lol. You'd be pretty pro. =P
9: EA - Ganon and Scar. That is all.
9: Gords - I didn't see you play at the tourney but I can safely say the night before you were on fire. Nice on 3rd at Melee.
9. Summoner - Ganon. lol. Ganon. You have a good one. Didn't play you singles though, so I can't say much. Good seeing you. Nice work in Melee teams.
13: Mr. Fakeman- Your Falcon is too random. Plus it's Falcon. =P
13: ZNL- Pikachu guy? I didn't play you much, side poules and bracket however I can say you down smash and fsmash way too much.
13: Throwback - Your Spamus is gay. Deserved higher imo. Always fun playing you.

And yes I did just use the rankings to do my Shout-outs. =P Had fun guys, successful tournament. Who cares about the turn-out? It payed the bills didn't it? Just meant the win had no monetary value. Unless $7.50 is worth a day of our life playing Smash. (Totally is, nice work Ricky)

Just like to say again well done to Ricky, don't think I've ever seen you play better and you definately got me back for Queensland.

Thanks to Ted for hosting another awesome tourney, except the smell in the morning was a bit bad. =P

Scoot out. :)

tedeth

Smash Master
Yeah I play Wario better against certain play styles I think. You know my wolf too weell. Wario is a far less predictable character due to his many, many options.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
*ding ding* Hey Tedeth!

No offense to you directly, and I know you hate hearing it, but here's the jist of things...

What's holding you back is Wolf as a character, not yourself as a player.
At the higher end scale of this game, it becomes noticable that the better characters have much better options, so they do not have to rely on one MAJOR sole strategy (e.g. roll to jab) as a crux for their game play (and as much as you go "YEAH DANCING BLADE", It just so happens Marth's best option against a character that rolls and spot dodges so much is dancing blade... the more you know! I'd love to be able to actually do SOMETHING ELSE against you, but there's never any other opportunity... it's just "wait for the roll")
Not to insult the work you've put into Wolf, but as Wario is a better character, with MORE options, playing against you using Wario is a lot funner than "wait for it... ROLL!"
There's more to tiers than just who's broken. Pokemon Trainer has many many many options as a whole, it's just they're not TOP TIER effective (compared to top tiers). Wolf on the other hand seems to be a little option character that are REASONABLY EFFECTIVE. But playing against it is boring.

I've been saying for a long time now Ted that you should main Wario, not just so you have a better chance, no, it's so that the higher level matches that we have are MORE dynamic than what they currently are.

Whilst our matches were reasonably close ted in the grand finals, my favourite match of the set was my D3 against your Ice Climbers. Why? Because Ice Climbers have god **** options, so I GET TO SEE YOU DO THINGS OTHER THAN "wait for it... ROLL".

I LAG

Smash Lord
TED YOU SHOULD MAIN ANYONE BUT WOLF,FALCO,SNAKE :)
then maybe i could beat you

and shaya i never see ted use the roll on me coz i just d-smash spam so it is useless but he blaster spams my all my spams and then i lose :(

tedeth

Smash Master
shut the **** up ilag if you don't have something worthwhile to say don't say anything. You're not funny with the stupid "do this so i can win" **** it gets old and just makes you look even stupider than you already do.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I_LAG drop life and main death. I'd much appreciate it.

I agree with Shaya and also said this to Ted on MSN. Tedeth is a great player, it's just Wolf and his limited options and their effectiveness.

Throwback

Smash Lord
I know you guys are all better players than me...but anyone with an internet connection can disprove 'wolf is limited to spot-dodge/roll' (ie youtube). If Ted does that it's his playstyle and inability to change his habits, it's not the character's fault.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just like snake only has nade camping and tilts right?
seriously, if you think a character is limited like that its you thats limited not the character.

I've played tedeths wolf probably more than anyone and I have to say there is alot more to him than rolling.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Tedeth's Wolf also places higher than you Luke. :laugh:

Seriously though, Wolf may not be limited soley to Shaya's EXAMPLES, but he surely is limited. He was trying to make a point and that point was in general Wolf has less options than other characters and it can make for a less interesting match than other matchups.

Wolf himself is limited though to how well he can be played in a tournament setting, and we're just saying if Tedeth wants to get EEEXXXTREEEEEMEEEEE, his Wario is probably better picked up again sooner than later.

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
dont u mean EEEXXXTREEEEEMEEEEE

and i dont get why we're main bashing atm =o

and brawl matches are more "boring" if u arnt playing it.. so.. if u have a problem either 1. play or 2. close ur eyes count sheep until its ur turn... besides viarty is good because u dont want to be 90%-> everyone playing Mk, Snake, Falco, Marth, DDD etc . that'll be even more boring.. =3

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok time for me to do some shoutouts...

First off Ted: thanks for housing me and hosting a mad tourney, it was great hanging out with you again, and rocko of course, what an pwn dog.
Great matches too, defiently always the most fun and lol's like snake trying to catch 2 aerial planking warios on hannenbow, ****!!!!

Zero: great matches man, I'm so scared of your ZSS cause just when I think I've got it figured out you do some crazy unexpected ****, I have no idea what your capable of but there were some mad down B spikes and everything. Hope we get to play more in the future.

Scoot: lol's Snake ditto's I win! Falco was gay though, what you said to me before I disagree with, if it hadnt been FD I would have camped platforms, but since it wasnt I just nade camped you and you were quite happy to shoot me with lazers, which means I take damage to get me past the chaingrab point whislt inflicting damage on you too, as opposed to blowing my self up where you take no damage.
grats on second.

Ricky: didnt play any matches except my gym match and a warmup at the start of the day :(
I wanted to play you heaps, but good **** winning dude, still the master of teh meteors.

Ilag: lol's epic melee teams man we pwned that **** up, heaps lols.

Summoner: thanks for teaming man your ganondorf is the ****, I loved it! so much madness.

Bjay: dont think I played you at all excpet in doubles :( but I had heaps of fun playing you in jump since I've never vsed anyone good in that before, defiently need to play you more in jump!

sd: AAHH DEDEDE!!! man I hate dedede, but I love playing you so its allright.
good job though those matches were close, your getting your skills back, a little more practice and you'll be coming first again. and way to **** in melee, too good.

EA: dont you just love grenades :)

Fakeman: good to finally meet you properly and play you, epic brawl falcon with dash dancing and pro knee's, with a little more practice you'd pwn it up. max respect for maining falcon.
and we had some fun matches in melee too.

Throwback: I love you man, great trip.

Katzen: go build some pyramids

thanks to everyone for a great day and bringing equipment and stuff we had a really good tv to player ratio.
also playing melee was ****ing awesome and I've decided to start playing it properly with the weeg.

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok here are the updated rankings. I've changed the ranking system itself to be more fair aswell.

Brawl Rankings:
1. Meteor Master
2. Tedeth
3. TCR
4. SD
5. Scoot
6. Shaya
7. Combo Turtle
8. Bjay
9. Gords
10. Scar
11. E_Alert