• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

Gords

Smash Champion
Separate post for shout outs

Thanks everyone for coming over for my bday, movie was good and had tones of fun.

Shout out to Ted, for making your way here from the middle of nowhere at 5 o'clock in the morning.

Shout out to ZXV, for driving everyone everywhere

Shout out to Scoot, for beating ZXVs fox which a DK down smash in melee

shout out to Tom, for telling Scoot to down smash.

Shout out to Escro, for trying your best to get that glitch in twilight princess, and the epic fence-jump-clip-gltch-fail.

Shout out Nathaniel, for succeeding at the glitch before Escro.

Shout out to Shaya, for convincing Andrew to come over

Shout out to Andrew, for coming around for my bday.

Shout out to Ricky, for instantly being amazing with ivysaur in PMv2.5

Shout out to Leisha, for going back and bringing a WiiU

Shout out to Cal, for having his bday the same weekend as mine.

Shout out to the Project M team, for releasing Project 2.5 (lol) on my bday and not Cal's.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Just to let you know, most of the people in this thread meet on a regular bases (like at least once a week at least 1 of us have visited another), and nearly daily there are conversations over Skype between some of us. A lot of what you see here are continued conversations and/or someone letting the members of this community know something that is a common interest.
This was not something I knew. Thus all those 'relevant' quotes people were posting seemed like random, everyday stuff to me.

escro

Smash Ace
Oi wheres my epic fence-jump-clip-gltch-fail shoutout gords

Luco, welll thats what happens when you dont come to anything regardless of reasons why.
But at the very least, now you know. Whats important is what you'll do next with that knowledge.

:phone:

Gords

Smash Champion
ok guys, last weekend i went from 2 nunchuck controlls to none.

who has my nunchucks?
my best guest is that ricky and leisha packed nunchucks thinking that the other hadnt and in so doing took more nunchucks with them than they should. however none of them got back to me.:(

all i want is my nunchucks :(

my genuine nintendo nunchucks

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I have a grand total of 2. Though none of them are yours.

I've never asked this, but come smash 4, are you guys gonna turn to pro controllers or something else?

cheese619

Smash Ace
Lucas' best ATs are so impractical. Regardless of which controller you use it's too hard to consistently do things like Double Jump Zair Cancel.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lucas' best ATs are so impractical. Regardless of which controller you use it's too hard to consistently do things like Double Jump Zair Cancel.
I totally disagree. Zap Jump is a really great option to get back on-stage and SH reverse PK fire is a really safe mid-ranged attack.

Sorry, I mis-read your post.

Zap Jump is muscle memory. You don't get it 100% of the time but a really great Lucas can get it about 95% of the time and even I can do it like 70%+ of the time, especially earlier on.

cheese619

Smash Ace
I get Zap Jump 100% of the time, it doesn't require any timing as special is pressed immediately after jump (I'm still bad at brawl though). However the difference in the timing for Zair Zap Jump and Double Jump Zair Cancel is so minute I could never get my consistency for either of those techs above 30%.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I don't find DJ Zair cancel to be particularly useful tbh. I do fine with-out it.

Zair jump is hard to work with, I agree. But Zap jump is often more useful as it can lead in to magnet pull.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Aaaaaand you're bad.

Listen to the advice of these more experienced players Luco. They know what they are talking about.
You can't honestly expect me not to discuss this stuff though? That's the way to becoming a better player.

I don't see what about our discussion even warranted that. I didn't find it to be a 'better player, worse player' type of thing. :/

Gords

Smash Champion
I don't mind progressing at this rate: I'm getting better ridiculously fast already.
I can assure you that your progress has been ridiculously slower than invisi's, lux's, Ryukario's, and Escro's, just by the fact that they actually play the game often with a variety of people in real life. In other words they attend meets.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
guys seriously you don't have to look for excuses to have arguments, just sayin'.

Top Bottom