• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Power Rankings #5.00000001337 (4/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Elo was a legit idea.

I don't strictly think it was worth deleting posts, we weren't exactly flaming or anything. But what do I know? It can't have been any more offtopic than half the other **** in this thread.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
What is the world coming to?
...Not Foxy's house party.

on topic: some parts of the elo do make sense imo, it's just that given it doesn't (and by all means shouldn't) affect the PR, nobody is really going to give a **** at all. So as interesting as it might be statistically, it's basically pointless.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I seed tournaments by PR. I think seeding future tournaments by ELO will be good :D

and the posts I removed were in relation to the

'crap heap' of "IM A BETTER RETIRE-ERD THAN YOU"
"NUH UHHHHHHH"
"YA HUHHHHHHHHHHH"

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
from my last ACT tourney he said something along the lines of 'life johns' before rolling around the ground uncontrollably. good times

but also, i think nsw needs new leadership/direction to get the scene regrowing. vic's hella excited with red taking over the joint, i was all stagnant for the local scene and ****

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I quit because smash was taking up sooooo much of my life, and certain areas of my life had fallen into dissaray as a result.

you ***s might be able to juggle the two, but I cant, (and how many of you have had full time jobs throughtout your entire smash career?) and if you wanna be all judgemental and **** about it and get on your high horse and tell me not to blame smash for life problems and ****, cool go right ahead, but you can still **** off all the same.

since I've quit I've gotten a gym membership and been going 3 times a week, made friends with a huge new amazing group of asian friends, got into a DDR crew to get fit, been repairing my lost social skills, and started learning to love again instead of hating everything.

yeah that pretty much sums it up.
also another big thing was I really wanted to be the best, but I had no one better then me to train against in act, so it got all **** and ****
if I lived next to ted I dont think I would have ever quit (though we probably would have killed each other by now)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
It's funny because I feel I've gained SO much in the way of social skills because of being around smashers... I'd probably lose it all if I stopped playing smash and hanging around you guys.

Luke, we should hang out sometime, I wanna see the new you. :3

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I've got a couple of friendship groups, but I reckon I'm closest to the smash scene.

Not having a go at you, but I go to uni full time, work four separate part time jobs, train six times a week, and am still involved with smash. I don't play everyday, but that isn't a reason to quit. It is a good John, though.

If you really have quit, that makes me sad. It seems kinda wasteful... But at the same time, I'm glad you're getting your sh*t together.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I hope you come back one day Luke, at least keep entertaining me on the boards.

While we're comparing juggling....

Sox/Tahlia/2 basketball teams+training/Fulltime job/2 different groups of friends who don't play smash/Soxxie's friends/Occasional family visit/Non smash related gaming.

All of that is juggled with what Smash brings including n2c/tournaments/meets/TO'ing and (very) occasional practice.

But to be completely honest I'm more unfit than I have ever been in my life and my friends have neve felt further. I still wouldn't leave the scene :p

tedeth

Smash Master
The new Luke is the same Luke.

Exactly the same.

Except now he's even more arrogant since he's out of the smash scene which he feels makes him a better person. :p

jk. :p

But you are still the same. :p

Silfa

Smash Ace
I wish luke didn't have such a negative attitude towards the game. He took pretty much the rest of the scene down with him. I was getting a little bit bored of the game, but I didn't want to stop playing. Everyone is trying to move on completely and it makes me sad. :(

Edit: deleted some stuff about luke's relationship with smash because I sounded mean.

tedeth

Smash Master
The thing is, it's not just about the game, it's about the scene. I think Silfa misses the scene as a whole. Going to tourneys and competing against people we don't play against all the time is what makes this game amazing.

The scene misses you too Silfa. :(

EDIT: Also Silfa and Scabe were just getting good at melee...

EDIT2: In fact, they would prolly both make the melee PR now.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I don't understand what stopped them from taking the effort to come to tourneys without Luke. Doesn't Scabe have a license?

Come back guys.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
my life is 10,000 better because of smash. anyone whose seen me from the time i've joined till now would probably agree.

you get out of it what you put in i suppose, which goes for everything.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I don't think we have a car to take to sydney though. We probably also lack motivation as a group, especially due to the trip and the fact we rarely play.

I think smash has a had a very positive influence on my life. There isn't much I can think of that is bad really.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
see, I hate how you guys say I brought down act with me

every time I had a break of stopped playing for any amount of time, act would stop too.
when I pointed this out, everyone told me to get over myself.

but the fact is, I was the only one who put any real effort into organizing things, and the rest of you just sat back and complained about me, but then when I leave, you all go to **** and then blame me for it, when instead you could try not being lazy and doing stuff for yourself.

or you could just be **** and blame me for everything, that works too I guess.
but if you really miss the game silfa, why dont you start organzing and hosting meets, and tourneys, and organzing everyone to travel down to sydney and melbourne?

Silfa

Smash Ace
I never meant to say it was your fault luke. I think we became dependant on you organising things just because you would always just do it. There is however a stigma now attached to smash in our scene for the most part and the consistent complaining about smash whenever we see each other isn't really healthy.

Who put the blame on you luke? You're not the only one who stopped playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom