• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Power Rankings #5.00000001337 (4/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I look forward to it - I don't know half the people on the current PR

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I think we all agree that Ted/Scoot/Zxv/Shaya are a given top 4. My guess would be Patv and iKill 5 & 6, unless Luke ranks above one/both of them, I dunno where he'd fit since I haven't seen him play apart from 1-2 games at HTC. As for the other 3, I don't really know, Foxy/Gords/EA maybe?

There could be some hot contention for those last 3 spots, I reckon there's a bunch of people who could all conceivably make it in there. I'd like to think of myself in that group of possibilities, but considering how I did last week, I'll have to do a lot better next time to have any chance. Also I need Falco MU experience; he's even more gay than Pit. Or perhaps... *checks matchup chart* alright EA, teach me to beat Falco with ICs =D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah if I still played I could have slipped into 2nd or 3rd, but I dont play and I dont plan on playing again (brawl that is) so it'd be stupid to put me on the pr.

swordsaint

Smash Master
for the record i've lost to both shaya and zxv in my last two tournaments. if im kept on there, if anything i should be 3rd under zxv.

tedeth

Smash Master
The problem with any PR at the moment is that we pretty much have 5 people that have PROVED they deserve to be on there. The bottom 5 would be veeeeerry difficult to deal with and any PR we make, to be honest, will be soooooooo weak overall with our current scene.

If people are interested I'm willing to take a look at it though.

EDIT: Truthfully melee PR seems more interesting right now lol.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I definitely see your point Ted (though I don't necessarily know what a proper PR is supposed to look like). I guess it just annoys me to have a PR that's over 18 months old - it's so irrelevant it may as well not be there. There are two people on that PR who I have never met in my year of being in the scene, and most others don't regularly attend brawl tournaments.

Basically, while I agree that an updated PR might be weak, as you say, at least it would be relevant to our current scene. And in my eyes, that is more important.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Between myself, ted, zxv, scoot (who doens't want to be on the PR so -1), ikill, patv (I'm not sure if he's quit or not now though) and andross we have like 6 to 7ish kinda placements, but we don't really have 10 of us.

While not official, I'm sure most would deem this accurate:

1. Ted
2. zxv
3. scoot
4. myself
5. Andross
6. patv or iKill
7. the other

Honestly though, there's quite a gap between 4th and the rest. zxv has good records against ted (compared to myself or scoot), while I have a very good record against zxv. Andrew generally shows that he can beat anyone else in the scene while actually having a victory over ted.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
andross sucks, do you know how many times I've beaten andross across the galaxy?

if we only have a top 5, then lets only do a top 5 PR for now

cheese619

Smash Ace
I agree with Luke and EA, 5 or so people in the PR seems fine for now. All the other places are very obscure with not enough tournament results and no clear distinction between most of the players.
And I agree with Ted in that a Melee PR would be more interesting at the moment, although I still think there's a lack of significant tournament results.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I reckon we should have a top 20 like vic use to. Also **** you JP I should totes be on the PR, I've being to more recent tournaments then Andrew. Toby for PR number 1.

Edit: Hadn't read anything on this page, didn't see EA already made the joke, sincere apologies.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I'll admit that one of the reasons I wanted to see an update was the possibility of being on it. I reckon I'd be in the top 10 of players at recent tournaments. However, the consensus seems to be that many people who would be top 10 are not necessarily PR material. I don't disagree with this at all. I guess I should see this as a reality check, being put back in my place. But, I also see this as a challenge. Mark my words, I will improve, and you WILL see me on here in future =P

I should clarify that I would still prefer to see an updated PR, even if I were not on it. As I said on the previous page, it does annoy me that the current PR seems so irrelevant. I would like to see this updated in the near future. Maybe it would be more appropriate to wait a few more tournaments to see a few old faces return - I haven't seen Zero since Boost last year, and is Toby planning a comeback? Haven't met him yet, but he's still posting. Plus the rest of the old faces that I have or haven't met; the scene is kicking off again, I expect all of you to be attending every tournament =D. Just don't expect me to be a noob for too much longer, heh.

Of course, we could have an update now, and then update again when people return =P

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I dont mean to ruin on your parade, but if an old retired player can consistently beat you with ganon, you shouldnt be on the PR

the current PR isnt relavent in that some of those players dont come to things anymore and dont play, but at this point in time, they'd still be the best players in the scene, except for pat, who isnt on that pr but is good enough to be.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I dont mean to ruin on your parade, but if an old retired player can consistently beat you with ganon, you shouldnt be on the PR
You misunderstand me. I wasn't trying to advocate my case for being on there, because I accept that I'm not good enough, yet. But, I will continue to play, and continue to improve, until I am at a skill level that warrants it. Just you wait =D

In the meantime, would be cool to see an update regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom