• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Power Rankings #5.00000001337 (4/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Smash Hero
Ted's in August, Sam's in September, Rocky in October. Then we should do our second list. Will be c00l.

Zero

Smash Hero
Nah. I suspect that this will be an active enough thread as it is. There's no real need to have it stickied.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Interesting, quite good, besides, of course, Luke, everyone knows he lives in ACT, not really part of NSW is it, IS ITSZ! this is srs bzns.

So, i made my own list:

Who are the five best smashers of all time, think about it:

1)Dylahn
2)Dylahn
3)Dylahn
4)Dylahn and
5)Dylahn

Coz he spit hot fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lg6HqJeY0

Theres the reference if noone got it, yep.

Actually Conclusively: GW with the list. :bee:

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
You have to beat people above me too :p

and attend more tournaments :]
ive beaten people above you at tournies but due to my limited tournie attendance (i'm assuming boost isnt being counted because of how long ago it was..)

and yes...i do need to attend more tournies...the hunter valley and western sydney is a bit of a stretch for a school kid to attend often (considering i dont live remotely close :( I ALMOST GOT FINED 50$ last time) how i wish we got Sydney tournaments up and running again...

heres a few dates for you..my trials start 10th august...finish 20th(have fri,sat,sun off--could do something sat i suppose)...HSC starts 21st of October and finishes on the 11th of November for me..and apart from my time away for schoolies i will attend as many meets and tournaments as humanly possible after HSC because i <3 u all (well most of u)

Zero

Smash Hero
You finish on the 11th Nov? Engineering or something? I don't know, I finish on the 4th Nov. Schoolies before SQUAT and then the entire holidays should be spent Smashing in Sydney, Melbourne and Queensland.

In those holidays, we should have weekly tournaments, maybe even biweekly.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
You finish on the 11th Nov? Engineering or something? I don't know, I finish on the 4th Nov. Schoolies before SQUAT and then the entire holidays should be spent Smashing in Sydney, Melbourne and Queensland.

In those holidays, we should have weekly tournaments, maybe even biweekly.
yeah i will have prty much a years worth of smash to get out of my system....and yeah 11 of nov...i got art :(

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
yeah....major work is due tomorrow....im so fuked lol....but hey...i do digital media (photoshop ownage)

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
ehehehe major work... I better start my software project :D
S.Q.U.A.T is on the 28th of NOV? lol...ill prob go...but i will be flying to Thailand on the 30th till the 14th of December...friends dad owns a 5 star resort....free accommodation for the win.

*we should stop spamming this thread*

Zero

Smash Hero
Yeah, SQUAT is only a single day event, so you could possibly fly up the day before, return the day after and still be right to be kicking it back in Thailand...winter dry season.

We're sort of on topic though. At least I was right in that this thread would be active enough without the sticky.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if its an elysium run tourney how could fts, being a member of said crew, miss it?
he'll be there, wont you fts?
failure is not an option!

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
speaking of boost where is the boost monies? did you use it for genesis? boost owes me 15$ i need it for moar beer kthx

Zero

Smash Hero
Boost money should go towards buying a million cheap TVs for Sydney Smash.

Or venue fee, less venue fee means cheaper tourney or bigger prize.

Happy either way :)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Soooooooooooo, I haven't checked the boards in a few days. Nice Rankings.

But can someone please quickly sum up why Scoot, S.D and possibly Ted, outrank me? Just curious.

tedeth

Smash Master
Meteor:

You had several bad results, missed several local tourneys, and havn't made a top 5 in a truly packed NSW tourney in the time period we're looking at.

In terms of wins/losses to me, even though you beat me last time, I knocked you out the last 2 times. Those being Wsyd2 and HV1 I think.
S.D has had consistant results in the top 5 so that's why he's there, and Scoot has been coming to everything and consistantly doing reasonably well.

We did have a long discussion about where to rank you though Meteor.

Anything I missed guys?

Zero

Smash Hero
It was basically consistency. Even though you destroyed ANTISADOUCHE, prior tournaments saw you being outplaced by Ted, SD often, while losing to Scott at SCBN!. Keep in mind that the results were old, but it was all we had. The rankings will get much more accurate as time passes.

EDIT: Ted beat me to it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
In the time period considered: In NSW Ricky had 1 win and two 7th places; out of state he had one 4th place. Scoot outplaced him at 3 out of 4 of Ricky's tournaments, S.D outplaced 2/3.
Consistancy means a lot.

Also, I think for the time period in question, the power rankings were quite accurate. "Much more" accurate in the future is going to be hard in my opinion, Zero.

Zero

Smash Hero
Well, by 'much more accurate', I mean using more recent and refreshed results. Nearly everyone agrees that results from March are only just borderline acceptable and by refreshing the placements with the number of planned tournaments will most probably result in some movement. More likely in the lower ends of the spectrum.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
So I heard there's this awesome guy called Zero, who mains ZSS and is like top 10.
ZSS rep dude good stuff.
I wish we had our RANBAT's list and a Power rankings list.

PS: <3 Zero, no homo.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
as long as its not on the said dates i mentioned before i will be there.....we should organise a crew meet after my trials!

Zero

Smash Hero
Would be a smart decision and can only do well for them. Plus it gives everyone else a better idea of the other states.

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
=P lol tim u bettter watch outtt im going to try SNAKE ur spot when ur not looking

jokees aside fking cant wait till after HSC and... maybe trials.. ? depends how i go :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom