• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NSW - Next Event: use discord or facebook i'm lazy

Danial

Smash Rookie
Shariq could bring his tv and his console. he has a crt that is sufficient.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Hey gords, is there any chance you could add nsw or sydney to the title aswell?

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
is that a screen shot fro the trailer?
and regarding rules, we can at least watch S@X before our tourney anyway to clarify. I will be able to write a PM v3.5 ruleset up before SC2 regardless as I am sure there will be plenty of discussion about it during and after the event.
I will also have a proper write up for Smash 3DS as well.
I should have a proper write up of a Smash WiiU ruleset up before Zeal

Last edited:

trissy

Smash Rookie
so anyone keen to double with me? in all events that are running?

Gords

Smash Champion
Heads up guys we will be starting earlier for Smash City 2 to fit everything in. please be there by 10:30am. Full schedule and rules will be up soon.
Also for those that have PM setups, remember 3.5 came out today. If you have a PM setup but not the correct files for 3.5 I will have them there, so just make sure you bring yoru SD card so i can change them if you havent already.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
@ Gords Gords the current ruleset is awkward for banning in project m, is there any plans to make it similar to how its set up in the current stage select screen.

Gords

Smash Champion
I will be updating the all rulesets before the tounament. for Project M the stage lists and bans will be changed likely to match with PM v3.5 rules that will be used at S@X this week.

EDIT: full schedule and Smash 3DS rules are up , check OP
general rules have been updated as well

Last edited:

Kaito King

Smash Rookie
Do you think it will be possible to have a SSB 64 setup for friendlies? (As in an actual N64 as opposed to the virtual console.)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
what does it add/fix etc
1.04? I've heard/ seen a few things.
Luma takes 13 seconds to re spawn, Greninja can't cancel aerial lag (Its either Dair, Bair or any aerials in general, cant remember) with side B, apparently macs roll is slightly slower, Flare Blitz kills at 60% now (o_0).

Also Mac Up B in air got nerfed, jab does less damage (1-2%)
Thats just some of the stuff I've heard.
If only Nintendo gave us patch notes >_>

Last edited:

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
many many things and no-one knows the full list yet.

it is an actual balance patch though.

yoshi less glitchy
peach can't edgecancel turnip
no more down b item throw lag cancel
luma changes (not just respawn time)
no rush cancel (megaman)
little mac changes
pikmin changes
etc.
etc.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby swallow or throws, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
Apparently the patch also changed Bowsercides so that Bowser now dies before his opponent. We should probably confirm whether that means this rule no longer applies. (Because sudden death is no longer triggered)

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well even if it didn't go to sudden death I believe the person who initiated it should win. It makes sense that getting that read and KO-ing the person should net you the kill, and it's not like it's overly game-breaking either - neither Bowser nor Ganondorf are regularly speculated to be top tier in this game. :p

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Apparently the patch also changed Bowsercides so that Bowser now dies before his opponent. We should probably confirm whether that means this rule no longer applies. (Because sudden death is no longer triggered)
Pre-1.04 it wouldn't go into sudden death, as the grabbed character would die first. It's now simply swapped.
ie; This rule never applied to Smash4 in the first place.

Gords

Smash Champion
thanks for letting me know, i will reword this rule so that the bowser wins

Gords

Smash Champion
yeah i am gunna just remove it completely, apparently it doesnt go into sudden death, so we will leave it as the game decides it

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Yea, as far as I'm aware there aren't any suicide moves that force sudden death anymore. Besides, it doesn't seem like Bowser needs any more help in this game anyway. Leaving the game to decide is probably the best choice.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yea, as far as I'm aware there aren't any suicide moves that force sudden death anymore. Besides, it doesn't seem like Bowser needs any more help in this game anyway. Leaving the game to decide is probably the best choice.
Well Bowser's not THAT good, thankfully. :D

I think we were just surprised by his buffs is all. :3

Top Bottom