• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NSW - Next Event: use discord or facebook i'm lazy

Gords

Smash Champion
disappointing to hear that scarpian, especially since this very likely my last brawl event.
hope to see you at future smash 4 events though, dont be a stranger.

Gords

Smash Champion
Just a reminder about Smash City on tomorrow.

Also for those that have TVs they can bring please do so and everyone bring your consoles. especially brawl players as i don't really have any.

A rough schedule is on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/145359035665748/). note PM & Melee maybe switched tomorrow depending on which one gets the vote for amateur bracket/crews.

crews will be chosen based on seedings from amateur bracket

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder about Smash City on tomorrow.

Also for those that have TVs they can bring please do so and everyone bring your consoles. especially brawl players as i don't really have any.

A rough schedule is below. note PM & Melee maybe switched tomorrow depending on which one gets the vote for amateur bracket/crews.

crews will be chosen based on seedings from amateur bracket
When will we know which bracket will have a amateur bracket, cause I will prob would sign up for melee if there was an amateur bracket.

Gords

Smash Champion
i will be taking a vote during registration, the game with the highest vote for amateur bracket/crews will be run first. top placings (likely top 3) in bracket pools will be seeded into a pro bracket with the next placings (likely next 3) in the bracket pools being seeded into an amateur bracket. the amateur bracket will run the same time as pro bracket. if time permits amateur crews will be run where amateur bracket results will determine the crew line up

EDIT: alternatively we wont have amateur bracket and just amateur crews if we are short on setups/time

Last edited:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Triple post all day.

We had 39 unique entrants, 29 Melee entrants, 28 P:M entrants and 12 Brawl entrants. It was a really good turn out considering how many people couldn't come due to smash 4/eb expo stuff.

Results!

Top Seed: Tedeth

1: Gords
2: took

3: the
4: sheet
5: home
5: i
7: cannot
7: even
Top Seed: Zero

1. Zero
2. RCJay

3. Jnuts
4. Phibzy
5. William
5. Luke
7. Raindanceman
Top Seed: Unreon

1. Cunchy
2. Unreon

3. Guresia
4. lultam
5. Olio
5. Andrea.
7. Green Pant
Top Seed: Gords

1. Gords
2. MC

3. Glissy
4. Bun
5. EA
5. Vincent Tenia
7. Dpol
7. Timmay
1: Tedeth
2: Unreon
3: Cunchy
4: RCJay
5: Reno
5: Gords
7: MC
7: Zero
Grand Final wasn't played out because Bun had to leave.
1/2. Bun/Glissy (Bun in winners)
3. JNuts
4. Phibzy
5. IU
5. Flex
7. Guresia
7. Lultam

Top Seed: Tedeth

1. Tedeth
2. Summoner

3. David
4. Raindanceman
5. Foxy
5. Zavier
7. Paul
Top Seed: Zero

1. Unreon
2. Zero

3. Cunchy
4. IU
5. Cole
5. Phibzy
7. Hugo
Top Seed: Shaya

1. Shaya
2. iKill

3. William
4. Vincent Tenia
5. Andrea
5. Lultam
7. Olio
Top Seed: Lux

1. Lux
2. Gords

3. Bun
4. EA
5. Invisi
5. Flex
7. Green Pants
1: Tedeth
2: Shaya
3: Summoner
4: Gords
5: Unreon
5: Lux
7: iKill
7: Zero

1: Lux
2: iKill
3: Foxy
4: EA
5: Invisi
5: Gords
7: Luke
7: Green Pants
9: Summoner
9: Hugo
9: Alex
9: Andrea

Fantastic day guys! I was really happy we ran on time and could fit in am crews at the end and still leave before 8pm. I have to thank everyone who helped out and recorded results during pools for both PM and Melee. Without you guys, we wouldn't have been able to have the crew battle. Special shoutouts to brawl for the last singles event planned to occur at this tournament series. Any feedback on how the day was run would be appreciated! Things like if you missed doubles or disliked the bracket pool format. I'm not sure if we can do both doubles events + both singles event + am brackets + smash 4 stuff next tournament so something will probably have to be cut, so let us know what you want to keep in.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ohhh dang i'm sad that I missed all this. I'll keep up to date and see if I can't make it to a tournament after i've finished my exams during this month. =)

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, as much as I love doubles so much, I don't think it should come back, it took so much time for doubles at ros 5, and most people entered both and that caused even more time delays. This event was run so smooth and also so on time ( I think we were early at one point) and I think sacrificing doubles for more time for crews or am brackets would be a better use of the time we have.

Gords

Smash Champion
ok event was a great success, ran on time and was hype crews. thanks all to those who came.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Im honestly happy with any date, but would prefer not to be, 30th of november, because at that point wouldn't it be better to delay it to 7th of december for wii u smash?

Edit: Will we be having a december smash wii u tourney?

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
It's likely that a 3rd tournament will be occuring in December as well so you don't have to worry about delaying Smash City 2 for a Wii U tourney, but yes I agree that having it on the 30th for that reason is pointless, I also cannot attend if it's that date.

I'm all for the 16th or 23rd.

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
Im honestly happy with any date, but would prefer not to be, 30th of november, because at that point wouldn't it be better to delay it to 7th of december for wii u smash?

Edit: Will we be having a december smash wii u tourney?
I agree with @ Lex__ Lex__ wouldn't it be better if we just waited for Smash 4 Wii U release? Especially since the day after release is a sunday. Also @ Gords Gords are the matches being uploaded to youtube?
a WiiU tourney the day after the release will be a logistical hassel in terms of things like every console will have different things unlocked, no consoles likely to have everything needed unlocked, etc.

I would rather more time to figure that stuff out.

regarding december, likely dates for a WiiU tourey are dec 21 or 28 atm

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
a WiiU tourney the day after the release will be a logistical hassel in terms of things like every console will have different things unlocked, no consoles likely to have everything needed unlocked, etc.

I would rather more time to figure that stuff out.

regarding december, likely dates for a WiiU tourey are dec 21 or 28 atm
True, not everything would be unlocked. We would probably know how to get characters and stuff when it drops in Australia (because of the American Release), but it depends on how long it takes to unlock stuff, I guess.

Wii U tourney 21st or 28th?
Well.... I suppose the 28th would be good for me tbh.

"I would rather more time to figure that stuff out."
I assume that was to the you tube video question i asked?

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
@ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix
actually it was for the tourney stuff, as in how i am going to run a WiiU event along side the other games.

in regards to youtube. there was no recorded matches from Smash City 1.
If we are lucky i will have a recording stuff ready for Smash City 2, but for Smash City 3 (dec ft. WiiU) we will very likely have recording and streaming ready. There is a Sydney Smash Youtube and twitch ready to go which may be used before hand for events like Ferns and Summoner's Smash Gym videos. Once we get everything organized the details will go up on here

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
@ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix
actually it was for the tourney stuff, as in how i am going to run a WiiU event along side the other games.

in regards to youtube. there was no recorded matches from Smash City 1.
If we are lucky i will have a recording stuff ready for Smash City 2, but for Smash City 3 (dec ft. WiiU) we will very likely have recording and streaming ready. There is a Sydney Smash Youtube and twitch ready to go which may be used before hand for events like Ferns and Summoner's Smash Gym videos. Once we get everything organized the details will go up on here
Ah, cool then. Can't wait to see what might (or might not) happen soon! :)
Also, won't be able to attend Smash City 2... AGAIN :(
I've got yearly exams going on from the 24th of November to the 5th of December.
Also, if Smash City 3 is on the 28th of December, i'll probably (more likely than not) show up.
YES! First tourney as well :p

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
All the exams! :p

Mine are from tomorrow to the 30th. 17 days isn't too bad, right? ;)

There shouldn't be anything preventing me from attending the november and likely December ones. I'd be happy to come along then. ^_^

Gords

Smash Champion
just a reminder that if you havent voted for your preferred date/s for Smash City 2 yet to do so, I will be selecting the date to make a booking on thursday.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Aw man. Looks like 23rd November is winning. I want one earlier. Like early November. Are there any tourneys happening in Sydney earlier than this one? I want to go to my first tourney already. But I am busy this month. So I can go starting from November.

EDIT: Also can we leave and get lunch from somewhere else and come back?? Or bring our own??
Also is there prize money? Just curious...

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Aw man. Looks like 23rd November is winning. I want one earlier. Like early November. Are there any tourneys happening in Sydney earlier than this one? I want to go to my first tourney already. But I am busy this month. So I can go starting from November.

EDIT: Also can we leave and get lunch from somewhere else and come back?? Or bring our own??
The prize money is based off the entry cost ($5) of the event.

Lunch is supplied by the pub/restaurant we are above, and is included in the cost and is required. ($12) The lunch is so good btw.

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Can confirm that the lunch is amazing. I had the steak, is the burger any good?
Burger is better then wrap don't listen to what william says. I heard the steaks are mostly good, but some people sometimes get disapointed how they are cooked.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
The prize money is based off the entry cost ($5) of the event.

Lunch is supplied by the pub/restaurant we are above, and is included in the cost and is required. ($12) The lunch is so good btw.
It's required.. :ohwell: What if I don't want it...I have reasons.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Also a tip, dont eat a family sized pizza before you go to the event, you wont be hungry.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Due to my exams and the fact the smash 4 has only been out for less than 3 weeks, I feel a tournament later in November is better rather than earlier - as well as this i'd like to make a trip to see family in early november if possible.

That said if a date is held early, my schedule is flexible. I'm not fussed in regards to timing overall. :)

Gords

Smash Champion
Due to my exams and the fact the smash 4 has only been out for less than 3 weeks, I feel a tournament later in November is better rather than earlier - as well as this i'd like to make a trip to see family in early november if possible.

That said if a date is held early, my schedule is flexible. I'm not fussed in regards to timing overall. :)
dude, did you even vote in the poll, have you seen the results.
your post is like 2 weeks late

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
Also can we leave and get lunch from somewhere else and come back?? Or bring our own??
regarding lunch
it is not required for you to purchase lunch from the venue, however no food other than food purchased from the venue is allowed to be consumed on premises (this includes packed lunches from home). Nothing is stopping you leaving the venue to get lunch and come back as long as you return after eating, but really there is not anywhere close that your going to get the same quality lunch for $12 anyway. Also keep in mind that we will not delay the tourney to accommodate this which means you will have needed to leave, eat then return within about 30min from the time we are called down to lunch.

regarding prizes.
each event you enter has an additional cost of entry, usually $5, it is this money that is split up to give as prize money to the top 3 placings.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
regarding lunch
it is not required for you to purchase lunch from the venue, however no food other than food purchased from the venue is allowed to be consumed on premises (this includes packed lunches from home). Nothing is stopping you leaving the venue to get lunch and come back as long as you return after eating, but really there is not anywhere close that your going to get the same quality lunch for $12 anyway. Also keep in mind that we will not delay the tourney to accommodate this which means you will have needed to leave, eat then return within about 30min from the time we are called down to lunch.

regarding prizes.
each event you enter has an additional cost of entry, usually $5, it is this money that is split up to give as prize money to the top 3 placings.
Ok. So lets say I come and enter Melee. The only mandatory fees will be a total of $10 correct? Also the reason I cannot get food from the venue is because of religion restrictions. That's all. I understand and accept your rules.

Gords

Smash Champion
If its due to releigious reasons, come and talk to me when you arrive (before you register) the next time you attend. Let me know your restrictions and we will see if we can work something out. Otherwise send me a private massage and I may be able to talk to the venue before hand.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
If its due to releigious reasons, come and talk to me when you arrive (before you register) the next time you attend. Let me know your restrictions and we will see if we can work something out. Otherwise send me a private massage and I may be able to talk to the venue before hand.
I cannot send you a private message for some reason. And from the looks of the posts from others on your profile, they can't either.

Gords

Smash Champion
click my name and select start a conversation, that is the new way of doing it. not everyone knows about this though

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
click my name and select start a conversation, that is the new way of doing it. not everyone knows about this though
Thats the thing. The start a conversation option does not show up for you. It does for other people though.

Top Bottom