• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NSW - Next Event: use discord or facebook i'm lazy

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I bet they were like "man this is gonna be so much work" but then got through almost all of it really quickly and were like "Okay, not much work... so, let's have some games guys?"

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
M8. 1 v 1 Me. Final Destination. No Items. Fox Only.

I should go check the OP but... do we have an opinion for G&W and Pikachu in doubles this tournament? From my searchings the team seems to be excessively game-breaking to the point where NAKAT said "keep this team legal if you want doubles to die" right after having a 3-minute set with a bunch of peeps.

Alternatively seeing as there's a thread now dedicated to the research of this team's validity, we could always use the tournament as part of the sample space. :p

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
M8. 1 v 1 Me. Final Destination. No Items. Fox Only.
uwotm9?
M8 i'll KiCk ur scrbby butt so hard m8.
Do u ev3n use a GC controler m8? O, u use wiimote? u scrubbzz
ur2scrubby4me bruh.

I should go check the OP but... do we have an opinion for G&W and Pikachu in doubles this tournament? From my searchings the team seems to be excessively game-breaking to the point where NAKAT said "keep this team legal if you want doubles to die" right after having a 3-minute set with a bunch of peeps.

Alternatively seeing as there's a thread now dedicated to the research of this team's validity, we could always use the tournament as part of the sample space. :p
Also 2
4me :p lel jk jk

But seriously, i don't know what to think of the whole Pikachu/ G&W team combo. There has to be a hard counter for them somwhere...

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
But seriously, i don't know what to think of the whole Pikachu/ G&W team combo. There has to be a hard counter for them somwhere...
As much as I respect the thought and the intention behind it, I feel like this is the exact reason they could be so damaging. I loved brawl but i'm not afraid to admit that Meta Knight probably should have been banned early on (it's ironic that once upon a time I was an avid supporter of Meta Knight's inclusion) because he broke much of the game's balance and single-handedly ruled over the tiers with an iron fist. Like seriously, very many characters who had excessively bad match-ups against MK simply couldn't go very far, you know?

In regards to this team, stuff like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIuNHdPUpMw&list=UU5WNBHwgluAwWJE5QV-5_TA
- makes me feel like maybe we should keep this team out of our meta until we can assure they won't destroy our doubles scene ahah. Perhaps for this tournament it would be fine because we're just starting out and it's generally better to begin with innocence and prove guilty rather than it being the other way around; however I have a strong suspicion that this team will rule the doubles meta in a similar fashion to Brawl MK.

I'm not sure what other combos have been tested with G&W too. If it's a recurring issue with several characters then maybe it's G&W in general that needs to be looked at, which would really frustrate me personally because I don't like banning a character outright (even if I realise MK should have been banned, I don't have to like the restriction that puts on players).

*le sigh*

I don't know what to do... =/

EDIT: Brought it up on the ruleset discussion too.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
As much as I respect the thought and the intention behind it, I feel like this is the exact reason they could be so damaging. I loved brawl but i'm not afraid to admit that Meta Knight probably should have been banned early on (it's ironic that once upon a time I was an avid supporter of Meta Knight's inclusion) because he broke much of the game's balance and single-handedly ruled over the tiers with an iron fist. Like seriously, very many characters who had excessively bad match-ups against MK simply couldn't go very far, you know?

In regards to this team, stuff like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIuNHdPUpMw&list=UU5WNBHwgluAwWJE5QV-5_TA
- makes me feel like maybe we should keep this team out of our meta until we can assure they won't destroy our doubles scene ahah. Perhaps for this tournament it would be fine because we're just starting out and it's generally better to begin with innocence and prove guilty rather than it being the other way around; however I have a strong suspicion that this team will rule the doubles meta in a similar fashion to Brawl MK.

I'm not sure what other combos have been tested with G&W too. If it's a recurring issue with several characters then maybe it's G&W in general that needs to be looked at, which would really frustrate me personally because I don't like banning a character outright (even if I realise MK should have been banned, I don't have to like the restriction that puts on players).

*le sigh*

I don't know what to do... =/

EDIT: Brought it up on the ruleset discussion too.
Saw that S*** on stream.
That chat went nuts. Anyway, pretty sure this is the best combo w/ G&W, since thunder instantly fills the bucket.
I pretty much have the same feeling with the whole "MK in brawl" thing being applied to Pika and G&W makes sense.

Also that match was faster than melee :grin:

Danial

Smash Rookie
Do you children know who I actually am? I am TSGD, The smash God Danial. or, The Saiyan Gamer Danial. Expect me at this tourney. 1 v 1. No items. Fox only. Final destination. And i will show you mortals how its played.

Danial

Smash Rookie
"Smash God Danial"
And yet on your profile it says you're a smash rookie :troll:
Thats " THE" smash god Danial to you, your a rookie son. learn from the best. Are you going to appear at the tourney? im gonna have to train like the super saiyan I am. you earthlings are despicable.

Danial

Smash Rookie
Nothing happened tho... :troll:
But seriously this REALLY getting out of topic here.
Yea its out of topic lol. But be warned. If I EVER see you, your gonna get rekt so hard youll give up at smash. ur lucky im new to this site or i would, ur probs a premium member or something lol.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nah bruh. I can't go this time m8.
Also if you are a smash god, you could at least change your profile to say that... :p lel
Awww, but I love seeing fresh meat blood at tournaments.

This makes me sad. :(

Sadder than hearing I can't team up with invisi and destroy everything. :(

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Awww, but I love seeing fresh meat blood at tournaments.

This makes me sad. :(

Sadder than hearing I can't team up with invisi and destroy everything. :(
Damn :(
Lol, but seriously though, if Smash City 3 is gonna be held at the end December (preferably the 28th) then I could (More likely than not) come out and compete.
But then again my parents are very.... on the fence about this.
They got the whole "you shouldn't go because you're too young and you don't know anyone there" and "But you could get out and meet new friends and socialize more" things going on. Maybe I can convince them by time Christmas rolls around.... :ohwell:

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Damn :(
Lol, but seriously though, if Smash City 3 is gonna be held at the end December (preferably the 28th) then I could (More likely than not) come out and compete.
But then again my parents are very.... on the fence about this.
They got the whole "you shouldn't go because you're too young and you don't know anyone there" and "But you could get out and meet new friends and socialize more" things going on. Maybe I can convince them by time Christmas rolls around.... :ohwell:
Ahh, my parents used to say the same thing. It wears off as you get older as your parents begin to give you more freedom because "adulthood" but I remember on my first tournament my parents were very undecided as well and I even recall shaya offering to ring them up and talk to them personally. :grin:

My advice is ask one of them to go with you. It's how I did it and after that it was more or less peachy. After about a year and a bit of going to local tournaments my parents were fine with me going interstate even, it's been a lot of fun. ^_^

That said haha, I understand how they feel. If I didn't know what it was about i'd probably freak out about sending my child to go to some venue I don't know to play with a bunch of people in their late teens and early twenties.

... I can't be helping, can I? :laugh:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Ahh, my parents used to say the same thing. It wears off as you get older as your parents begin to give you more freedom because "adulthood" but I remember on my first tournament my parents were very undecided as well and I even recall shaya offering to ring them up and talk to them personally. :grin:

My advice is ask one of them to go with you. It's how I did it and after that it was more or less peachy. After about a year and a bit of going to local tournaments my parents were fine with me going interstate even, it's been a lot of fun. ^_^

That said haha, I understand how they feel. If I didn't know what it was about i'd probably freak out about sending my child to go to some venue I don't know to play with a bunch of people in their late teens and early twenties.

... I can't be helping, can I? :laugh:
Hmm... I dunno man. We'll see though. Smash City 3 is a few months away. I'l worry when the time comes :p

trissy

Smash Rookie
hey so flights are pretty cheap from gc -> sydney and i got workies off which is odd. so ima totally make this tourny.

but I need a doubles partner for the events.......... wink wink ;)

Gords

Smash Champion
Awesome dude,
Now we just need to convince spup, Woodley and Mytus to join you.

altru475

Smash Rookie
Hey Gords, I'd love to get involved in one of these. I can't do the November one (coz I have some exams that week), but depending on the date, hopefully I can make it to the December one!

Cheffer

Smash Rookie
I've been playing smash for a while but never competitively so I was thinking of attending this one to get into it. What time do you think the Smash 4 tournament will start?

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Arrive before 11 because that when signups close for events

Last edited:

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Schedule is still being decided. Though you should arrive before 11am regardless.

Cheffer

Smash Rookie
Okay no worries guys, thanks for the swift replies! I live pretty far North of of the city so it's a fair drive but I shall try to get there before 11

Gords

Smash Champion
Guys, can i just get a count of the Project M Wiis in our community that are usually able to attend tourneys?
Goal is to hit 12 possible PM Wii setups regularly for tournaments

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Guys, can i just get a count of the Project M Wiis in our community that are usually able to attend tourneys?
Goal is to hit 12 possible PM Wii setups regularly for tournaments
Wait...are we recommended to bring setups? Like Wii's, Gamecube's and CRT's?

Last edited:

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yes, tournaments are run by the community, that means the community supplies equipment.

Gords

Smash Champion
Wait...are we recommended to bring setups? Like Wii's, Gamecube's and CRT's?
And definitely your OWN GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS.
but yeah if you have a setup including a 60hz CRT TV that would be much appreciated, but apart from your controller/3ds that is all you are required to bring, a console is mighty helpful, and a TV is amazingly helpful

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
And definitely your OWN GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS.
but yeah if you have a setup including a 60hz CRT TV that would be much appreciated, but apart from your controller/3ds that is all you are required to bring, a console is mighty helpful, and a TV is amazingly helpful
Oh ok. Yeah I already knew that we must bring our own Gamecube controller and 3DS.

Top Bottom