• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NSW - Next Event: use discord or facebook i'm lazy

Gords

Smash Champion
OK guys, the next Smash City is on the 23rd Nov.
Check the updated OP for details.

Please pay attention to the notes in the OP, especially the
NOTE: Regarding Pricing

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
So I see that your aim is to have a streaming set up for December. What do you think one's upload speeds would need to be to be able to stream on Twitch with decent quality?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
OK guys, the next Smash City is on the 23rd Nov.
Check the updated OP for details.

Please pay attention to the notes in the OP, especially the
NOTE: Regarding Pricing
Just curious, when you say live stream equipment won't be ready, does that include recording equipment as well?
I'd really like to see some of the matches that come out of this tournament.
Also what about Smash Wii U? Since you will have an american copy, will there be a mini-tournament there or what? :) :p

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
So I see that your aim is to have a streaming set up for December. What do you think one's upload speeds would need to be to be able to stream on Twitch with decent quality?
4G, its the amount of data streamed over one tournament that makes it expensive, probably require about 8-10Gigs for a full day at decent quality. the next level down is not enough iirc.
Just curious, when you say live stream equipment won't be ready, does that include recording equipment as well?
I'd really like to see some of the matches that come out of this tournament.
Also what about Smash Wii U? Since you will have an american copy, will there be a mini-tournament there or what? :) :p
live stream pretty much means internet and streaming stuff, its quite possible to have recording equipment setup for Smash City 2 and i do want to record some 3DS matches so thats likely to happen if we can get organized in time.
I can bring a local recording setup for matches if people want.
actually i want to talk to you about that. my idea for next year is to have a streaming station and recording stations all in one corner where I can send certain matches that would be good to record but not able to be put on the live stream.
I would like to your set up and what required for you to record and how its saved.
the goal is to have all Sydney Smash videos in the one place on the Sydney Smash youtube channel (just as Tom has started doing with Smash Gym)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
4G, its the amount of data streamed over one tournament that makes it expensive, probably require about 8-10Gigs for a full day at decent quality. the next level down is not enough iirc.
live stream pretty much means internet and streaming stuff, its quite possible to have recording equipment setup for Smash City 2 and i do want to record some 3DS matches so thats likely to happen if we can get organized in time.

actually i want to talk to you about that. my idea for next year is to have a streaming station and recording stations all in one corner where I can send certain matches that would be good to record but not able to be put on the live stream.
I would like to your set up and what required for you to record and how its saved.
the goal is to have all Sydney Smash videos in the one place on the Sydney Smash youtube channel (just as Tom has started doing with Smash Gym)
Alright then, just wondering since you only mentioned live streaming and not recording the matches.

Also a dedicated Smash City Youtube Channel doesn't sound to bad either.
I assume there is already one? If there isn't can I make one, cause I want to support this in anyway I can, since its the only local tournament i know of :p
But if thats all organized, its alright I suppose watching them can be some sort of indirect support.... :p :)

Gords

Smash Champion
a youtube channel and twitch channel for Sydney Smash has already been created, complete with a logo
the idea is to create some branding that represents the whole of the Sydney Smash community, similarly to what melbourne currently does melbourne melee
Smash City is just one part of the Sydney Smash community so pretty much SummonerAU and I (with the help of a few others) will post all videos relating to our communities events to this channel, which tom has already started doing with the recording he took at Smash Gym
https://www.youtube.com/user/SydneySmash

regarding Smash WiiU at Smash City 2
even though the game is released on the 21st nov in the states i wont get my copy till about the 25 or 26th nov
hence no Smash WiiU at Smash City 2

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
a youtube channel and twitch channel for Sydney Smash has already been created, complete with a logo
the idea is to create some branding that represents the whole of the Sydney Smash community, similarly to what melbourne currently does melbourne melee
Smash City is just one part of the Sydney Smash community so pretty much SummonerAU and I (with the help of a few others) will post all videos relating to our communities events to this channel, which tom has already started doing with the recording he took at Smash Gym
Nice. What a sick one :p

EDIT: @ Gords Gords Just saw your match against Neo in P:M. What in the actual heck is up with Toon Link's recovery?

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
anything in particular?
i was playing soooo badly, its better than it looks

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
Yeah that was actually a decent recovery, was at about the limit of the up b though as you can tell by the failed recovery moment later

Shariq

Smash Journeyman

regarding Smash WiiU at Smash City 2
even though the game is released on the 21st nov in the states i wont get my copy till about the 25 or 26th nov
hence no Smash WiiU at Smash City 2
So you have an US console? Lucky. I wanted to get the game early as well so I was looking around for cheap American Wii U's. Found one without the Gamepad for a good price. And then I discovered that Gamepads are region locked :ohwell:

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Not gonna lie. That's disgusting
I can understand why they have region locking. But if you're going to region lock your console and games then they should make sure that at least their major games have a simultaneous worldwide release. Its unfair that we have to wait till December 6th.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I can understand why they have region locking. But if your going to region lock your console and games then they should make sure that at least their major games have a simultaneous worldwide release. Its unfair that we have to wait till December 6th.
The only reason America is getting first, is because of black friday over there. Its like the biggest shopping weekend in the year for them. So that means that people why buy the game and they will get lots of $$.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
The only reason America is getting first, is because of black friday over there. Its like the biggest shopping weekend in the year for them. So that means that people why buy the game and they will get lots of $$.
I can understand that. It makes sense. But it's very clear that the games are ready for a worldwide release. Why make the rest of the world wait. Pokemon ORAS is pretty much having a worldwide release and they will still capitalize black Friday sales in America yet not make everyone else wait.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I can understand that. It makes sense. But it's very clear that the games are ready for a worldwide release. Why make the rest of the world wait. Pokemon ORAS is pretty much having a worldwide release and they will still capitalize black Friday sales in America yet not make everyone else wait.
Man, I got no clue whatsoever :ohwell:

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure there is no Registration.
Just show up and have at $10. $5 for venue and $5 for X game you want to participate in, or more if you want to participate in more than one, bring an extra $5.
That's basically my understanding of how it works :p
flights from gold coast to sydney arrive at 9:30am so its important to know

for example if the flight was delayed by 30 mins and it arrives at 10am how strict would it be (since its pretty close to airport)

Last edited:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Smash City 2 signups will run from 10am to 11am on the day, but we can sign you up for events up until the event has started. So make sure you get there by 11am or you'll risk missing out on stuff. We'll have a schedule for the day up closer to the date.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I am happy to announce that Smash City 2 will have a Project M crew battle! But not just any old crew battle, this one will be East Sydney vs West Sydney! Gords and I have split the city through Strathfield. Anyone who lives west of Strathfield is considered West and similarly for East. A map of the division can be found here. The eventual crew lineups will either be announced shortly before Smash City 2 or on the day. Crew size is expected to be 4v4.

Let's go West!

I'm also announcing that there will be a new Sydney PR by the end of the year, so be sure to make it to Smash City 2!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I am happy to announce that Smash City 2 will have a Project M crew battle! But not just any old crew battle, this one will be East Sydney vs West Sydney! Gords and I have split the city through Strathfield. Anyone who lives west of Strathfield is considered West and similarly for East. A map of the division can be found here. The eventual crew lineups will either be announced shortly before Smash City 2 or on the day. Crew size is expected to be 4v4.

Let's go West!

I'm also announcing that there will be a new Sydney PR by the end of the year, so be sure to make it to Smash City 2!
I'm West huh?

LETTSS GO WEST!!

Also, new Sydney PR huh? Interesting. Too bad i won't be there. Damn :ohwell:

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
This a kinda stupid question, but if pm updated to 3.5 between now and smash city 2 will we be using it or 3.02?

Gords

Smash Champion
depends how much time there is between 3.5 and SC2,
but if it was to release before SC2 we would probably already have the release date for 3.5.

chances are high that PM3.5 will be at SC3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh will this PR be covering smash 4? I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't for the fact that the rest of the post was about P:M but it makes a lot of sense to make a smash 4 PR at some point.

I've finished my exams and with that, high school haha. I'll be free to make it to this pretty much without a doubt, so I guess i'll be seeing y'all there. ^_^

I'll also drag my brother along even if he thinks he's bad. :p

Last edited:

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
why would there be a smash 4 pr that early when you can just look at the results of the one wiiu tournament we will have had by then?

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
YES!! They listened to my complaints and are releasing Smash Wii U a whole week earlier!! Get hyped :grin:

Danial

Smash Rookie
YES!! They listened to my complaints and are releasing Smash Wii U a whole week earlier!! Get hyped :grin:
****** A Multi Millionaire Company listens to ONE guy and releases the game a week earlier? Aint that some Bull shizzle.

Top Bottom