• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Hunter Valley Smash - Back in business!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Can't wait to play Jiggly against people in smash 64. Jigglypuff dittos anyone?

Going to practice now anyway >:D

Toby.

Smash Master
:(

Turns out I have to help transport some things through sydney and down south on sunday, as part of a deal to net me a free fridge and washing machine for the apartment next year >_>.

Sad, sad times.

Hopefully the meet still sees some wollongong representation. Have fun guys!

Zero

Smash Hero
Good news Novacastrians! The meet is good to go! So without further ado, I present to you..

Hunter Valley SMAAAASH Meet #Zero

Date: 9th of November, 2008
Time 9am - 6pm
To bring: Wii consoles, TVs, Smash 64, Melee, your controller of preference, $10 for food and drinks/BYOD

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Shweet.

I'ma bring my Wii-kit (Braw/Maylay/Hax64) then. And loads of cash so that I can eat a ton MM you all and facilitate your donation to the EA fund. :D

S.D, does that offer for a lift still stand? :3

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
any chance of staying a night? or 2? otherwise i dont think ill be able to come. looking into transport though. can you pm me the address please?
edit: yeah, sorry, the only way i'll be able to make it is if i stay 2 nights. I'll arrive and leave whenever you want, but otherwise i cant make it... unless i leave at like midnight satuday night and get home 3am monday. no exaggeration either...
anyone else from wollongong going?

Dedu

Smash Lord
I'm interested in this meet.

Good opportunity for me to go up to Newy as well. :D
9th of November... is that a Saturday?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Oh.

I was hoping I could stay over the night there </3.
Sunday makes it a bit inconvenient as I prolly will have to drive back to Sydney, instead of catching the train on sunday morning...

Zero

Smash Hero
Well i can be at Cardiff station whenever - I live like 2 mins away from it.

If its gunna be a humungous hassle getting there early enough maybe come down the night before if you don't mind sleeping on various things in my house that are not beds. Guess we'll see how it goes.
For Dedu, idontgotaname and anyone else, SD may be offering pseudo-beds.

Gords

Smash Champion
yeah im coming so i am going to need the address, and SD is it still alright to crash the sat night at yours?

S.D

Smash Master
Saturday night should be sweet for some people to stay, keeping in mind i probly won't be home until about 6 or 7 that night - but Jelly and or Daz should be here if I'm not. Also keeping in mind that sleeping will probably not be comfortable.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
oi idk if i can come, its a long way and i might just do something with the gf but if i do ill come visit you and tom and play smash sometime soon.

Zero

Smash Hero
If you're camping out at SD's, I have some first hand advice for you.

Do NOT sleep on Friday night. By the time you get to SD's, you'll be so tired that you will not even notice the stifling pain of sleeping on a concrete floor.

Also, bring a sleeping bag and pillow.

Heartfelt advice from a recent concrete-sleeper,
Andrew.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Or i can just hire overnight at a hotel instead.

I'll take that into consideration ゼロさん。
hmmm...

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Now that it's been brought up, I totally would not mind crashing at S.D's too, for convenience's and social life's sake. But mostly to hang out with S.D and crew really. It really doesn't matter, though. Don't try and fit me in if you can't, I'm not really that bothered by the long morning trip any more. Just would be nice.

Dedu

Smash Lord
ゼロばかは、パーテイーへきることができます。
そうはこれ日よう日ですね… 何時から、何時までですか?

じゃあ、これ日よう日に会いましょう。

I'll stay over at S.D's then. If that's fine with you let me know.
hmmm...

S.D

Smash Master
People staying over on Saturday night shall be no problem, i'll try locate some form of blowup mattresses and such... (sleeping facilities minimal hope you dont mind).

We can have pillow fights or some such shenanigans.

Just lemme know when you'll be arriving at Cardiff station and I'll do my best to accomodate. (After 6 is probably best as I'll be at cricket all day).

Saturday night will be a mini meet <3

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
so, no chance of a spot on your floor sunday night sd? i'll be leaving at 10 monday morning if possible...

Zero

Smash Hero
Man, Japanese is tough to read on Smashboards.

そう、そう、日よう日にあいましょう!パーテーはごぜん9じから、ごご6じごろですね。

On an unrelated note, 何時間に日本語にべはなしますか・

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
You know what else is tough? Waking up at 2am after having slept since 6pm. I'm also surprised that my tired brain is making sense of this.

On a related note, it's nice to see so many people making it to Zero's meet. Should be a fabu- I mean, fantastic day and with much to be learned in the melee department. :D
(apologies to Zero, couldn't help myself) and now...TO BED AGAIN!

Dedu

Smash Lord
じゃあ、いましょう。

何時間 に 日本語 を 分かる ことが 聞きますか?

I need improvement in the melee dept too! I've been practising more since that match with S.D at Boost.

エンンン…

Zero

Smash Hero
Attendance:

Shaya?????????????????
SD
Jelly
Dazza
Gords
idontgotaname
EA
Dedu
ComboTurtle?????????????

Plus like 6 of my friends. Meet confirmed for WIN!

Gords

Smash Champion
excellent it looks like it's going to be a great meet, oh and zero I'll be prepared this time for that massive amount of anime. I will be bringing a almost empty HDD hopefully.

@S.D.
My train will be getting in to cardiff at either 7:35 or 8:35 sat night.
If I can catch the earlier train I will be there at 7:35 but I'll send you a message or call you to tell you witch time it will be.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Gords - You have D.Gray-Man, right? Mind if I have some? :D

We should totally all bring our HDDs and have one massive anime trading fest. :D *brings his laptop just so there's an extra machine to plug **** into*

My mobile # is 0411752966 for those coming here needing lifts from station
Ahaha, I don't even have a mobile, so I'll only be calling from a payphone if I absolutely need to. :p (Gotta hate the 2min limit for payphone to mobile btw.) But yeah, thanks for hosting this super-awesome-meet-sleepover-thing, it'll make my life a ton-ton easier this weekend.

In any case, I'll be arriving at Cardiff at 7:35pm.

Gords

Smash Champion
E_Alert
yeah i'll still have my collection with me or most of it anyways, so you can grab what you want. Dont know if i have all of them yet, how many eps where there for D Gray man.

also if i can manage to get to the first train after work in time on sat we would end up on the same train E_Alert although i assume you will be getting on at strathfield as i will be boarding it at central, so look for me on the second carraige from the front. the chances are good for me to make it.

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
i think alot of people will be arriving at 7.35, and gords, pm me your mobile number and we can catch the train together from central if you are interested. I'll pm you mine.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Gords - There's 103 episodes in the first series, which is complete. Seriously hoping they make a new series though, that was way too open-ended. But thanks for the offer, I'll be sure to take advantage. :D

And sweet, I'll look for you on the train. Actually, that works well for me, since I normally prefer to go in the front cars. Hopefully there'll be a surplus of free seats, yeah? I'm actually not sure what station I'll be getting on at though; It'll almost certainly be Strathfield, but if I feel like going out earlier in the day then it'll be Central. Either way, I'll see you when I see you. :3

Top Bottom