• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Elysium's Sydney Tournaments: TITLE TOO LAZY TO EDIT - TED

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey i've always wondered...

Does the fact that the smash scene in australia is so small make it possible that I might be like in the top 100 australian smash players? Because being in the top 100 of something like that would make my day.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I will be one of the best worldwide someday. Nothing wrong with aiming high. =)

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
There should be more copies of MELEE! =D

:phone:

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Ugh... As much as I'd like to go on a long rant about how much better SSBM is, I'll refrain because I believe fans of both of the smash-games with actual combos and memorable moments have to stand united together against the great evil that has plagued the series :)

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
^ Hahaha! I have fun playing Melee and Brawl no matter what. I just have a distinguishing preference now.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
good to see there's still lots of melee love :)

we got a lot of people in hornsby playing melee again haha and also project m is legit, let us know if there's a tourney on

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Melee lives on! ^_^

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Phew, okay!

Oh by the way, I had to get a flight from Sydney to Alice springs and then to Ayers Rock. My mum was going to alice springs but she couldn't get there in time for my flight to alice (which is why i had to go to Uluru). That means that once i got to Uluru my mum drove me straight back to Alice, a trip which took over 6 hours compared to the half hour flight I went on the day before.

Basically I went from Sydney to Alice to Uluru and then back to Alice and i'm going back to Uluru tomorrow and then to the indigenous communities, meaning a +1000 km trip tomorrow. A large trek but i've done it heaps before.

Ahh i've missed these days. :3

In any case, Alice is pretty nice. It's cool to be back in the desert again and winter climate here is beautiful. it's like Sydney in Autumn/Spring. Pleasantly warm to hot. Seeing Uluru and the Olgas again was pretty awesome. Trust me, the pictures just don't cut it. Also the pictures we see are the same ones EVERY time. It's like the clean side of Uluru. I don't think i've seen ANY postcard photos of the OTHER side of uluru. It's just as beautiful! :D

Also the Valley of the Winds is... stunning.

One thing I didn't know though... Most tourists stay at a small tourist town (all owned by one company called 'voyages'. It owns ALL the hotels there and gives the illusion of competitiveness when it really just owns it all. It's so touristy it might as well be rubber. But at least it's nice when the only supplies you get in the communities are weeks old. ANYWAY I digress.) and this town is called 'yularra' (interesting note, in the language here 'yularra' means 'crying'. A reference, perhaps?). Now yularra is pretty decent, highly overpriced and it's hard to see from the plane but it's pretty beautiful in terms of trees and greenery. Anyway, there's this OTHER place that even i didn't know about, called 'Longitude 131', a secret resort for the very rich (although it's still owned by 'voyages') and it's prices are just rediculous. Anyway, secret resorts... that's pretty epic. :o

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Derp Derp

Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp (Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp) Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp :3

Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp! :D

Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp..... Derp.

Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp... Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp (Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp) Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp.... Derp Derp Derp Derp :o
This reminds me of a previous post I made a while back...

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I liked the inclusion of the emoticons. 8/10. good post, could be improved with a more accurate word to derp ratio.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Anyway, MELEE IS SEXY!

escro

Smash Ace
Well first you gotta let the joke mull over for a bit.
So not posting anything, anywhere for a while might have been a better idea.
:p

asianaussie

Smash Hero
your jokes aren't subtle enough

and you use punctuation and emotes improperly or too much

also your join date is 201X so nobody's gonna take you seriously

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Since when is a troll subtle? o.O

But I use emoticons to try and bring out real meaning in my posts. I mean, you know how the internet is an easy place to misread any given statement... It's like how whenever I see lux post, I assume he's always being extremely serious because no emoticons are used to tell me otherwise. No offense meant by that, just that it usually takes me a while to decipher what tone the posts are made in.

For a joke though, perhaps emoticons are a bit too out there?

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I think that many of the comments people have made about Luco's post are totally unjustified. These boards are meant to be a welcoming and encouraging place, just because he made a single post with only a dubious connection to the game is no reason to attack him. I think that if people posted more about their everyday lives it would strengthen the community. Just my two cents guys, make of it what you will.

:178:

Zero

Smash Hero
I agree, so I will share with thee a tale of mine adventures yonder.

I arrived at Town Hall at 8:30 and I was like "6 minutes until train :bee:", so then I started playing a game on my Samsung Galaxy S2, which made me :( because something stupid happened to me. I got a bit too into the game, and 20 minutes later I looked up and it was STILL 6 MINUTES UNTIL THE TRAIN. By now I was like :mad: . I noticed that I was jonesing for some 'tucky, so I dashed to Georgy to grab some Konfikky, returned to the station, AND IT WAS STILL 6 MINUTES TO DEPARTURE. By this time I was about to let the CItyrail patrol have a piece of my mind, but then I ate my 'tucky, and the train left a minute later.

uguu.

Top Bottom