• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Elysium's Sydney Tournaments: TITLE TOO LAZY TO EDIT - TED

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
People having a bad day? :(

Also, 8 months of 'exile' was bound to do me some good... dunno how much but hey, i'm doing stuff, i'm beating people, I need to lose, hardcore, for once. :p

And invisi, only thing more predictable than your camping is my magnet. :O :smirk:

That is, unless you guys are I am going crazy and i've missed some important stuff again. :p

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah everyone needs to be moar chill.

Is anyone up for an aquarium visit while I pop up? I've always wanted to see the Sydney Aquarium, but never got the chance. Also, a meetup at Ted's would be pretty cool ;o. (Clearly up to ted of course lol.)

Hopefully ricky can have new years off for some epic new years bash?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The aquarium is pretty cool. Although they've done a deal with Spongebob, and the Spongebob props in the exhibitions kinda kill a lot of the magic for me personally. There's a wildlife exhibition pretty close by too that's pretty nice as well.

Gords

Smash Champion
Leish, the weekend just before New Years (dec 28-30) there will be a meet at my place for my birthday. If you wanted a meet you should come. People will be able to stay the night just keep in mind there are no spare bedrooms.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I was planning to do a SS run that weekend before you organised the meet, since it's the only other chance I'll have before 4/48. I am currently considering bringing that small, laggy TV (and hopefully borrrowing someone's Wii) and doing a run at the meet, what do you guys think? Not exactly the most social thing, but I'd still be very happy to make conversation during the run =) Let me know if that would be cool/a problem.

Gords

Smash Champion
My birthday meet was announced weeks ago Invisi, I'll be posting more concrete plans sometime this week.

Also you dont have to be so serious about SS, we don't even know yet if SS will be played. If other people still want to play after the other games are done then 4sword will most likely be played. If we have a group of viewers we may even ask them. This time is more for winding down and relaxing. If you watch some streamers you will probably hear the term 'XX after party' referring to some other game/category played less serious, casual play through or just to pissfart around after there speedruns are finished just to have fun. Think of the Nathaniel's Bonus Game list as our after party.

My opinion on playing SS at my bday meet - hmm, much better than playing LoL.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Any actual tournaments planned? Playing some games at Lansmash brought back some of the intense feelings and adrenaline I haven't gotten from the game in a while. Kinda feel like keeping that going since I had fun.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Oh, I hadn't realised it was your birthday too Gords (or maybe my memory is just really bad). I guess if a good time isn't that important for SS, I don't really need to do another practice run (and probably won't have time with the amount you've got planned - hadn't realised the meet would be so packed full of stuff to do).

However, I would very much like to do the run during 4/48; I've been looking forward to it, and, under the (false?) impression that I would be, I've already told quite a few people about it. But this is probably something I should be discussing with EA.

PS. I must also apologise, I didn't realise that I was offending you.

Gords

Smash Champion
Well I'm working on New Year's Eve.
However I'm planing on having another big weekend meet and to do something, maybe catch a good class film or something, on my birthday weekend (28-30 dec).

So yeah meet at mine (28-30 dec) same details as next weekends meet.

Then the weekend after that (5-6 jan) is the Zelda marathon.
Bday meet (28-30 dec) and Zelda Marathon still will be on and at my place still...
i think it was pretty clear it was my birthday.

And in regards to Zelda,
'FALSE? Impression' ???

lol invisi putting your hand up for stuff doesnt automatically mean you're playing it. xD

anyway the way bonus games is going to work is we just see what the situation is like at the time and make a decision on the spot about what is played and by who. the reason why is, a) there probably won't be time for every bonus game, b) the bonus games are meant to be more of a social thing where everyone chills and has a go and laughs at eachother and stuff, c) it's bad logistics to assign extra players to bonus games because of A. assigning main game players to bonus games is ok because they are already guaranteed playtime at the event anyway, but tbh I would like to avoid even that unless the person is -really- good at the game (tbh this philosophy has been indirectly applied to the main games too, two of the main games will be shared runs and the other two run by people who actually speedrun the game in their own time not just for the marathon).

all the people ive spoken to who have actually been at the previous marathons agree that chillax/flexible is definitely the way to go for the bonus stuff. some of the most fun times at previous marathons has been from chill play (first year twilight princess is a fantastic example).

anyway i'm not saying you can't play, just that you shouldn't go in there expecting to have a whole game to yourself. of course, if you want to practice beforehand you'll have a greater opportunity to play when the time comes. for the record, ss will probably be prioritized because its zelda, and anything n64 will be run on the ntsc versions (capture card woes, but anyway, be wary cause they play differently than pal, i recommend emulator+controller adaptor when practicing).

tl;dr bonus games are epic funtimes for all not just one person
I dont know where you are getting your impressions from, but Nathaniel here made it painfully obvious to you how this is going to work.

Start paying attention Invisi

also, you havent offended anybody, you just have been a bit annoying.

tedeth

Smash Master
Oh, I hadn't realised it was your birthday too Gords (or maybe my memory is just really bad). I guess if a good time isn't that important for SS, I don't really need to do another practice run (and probably won't have time with the amount you've got planned - hadn't realised the meet would be so packed full of stuff to do).

However, I would very much like to do the run during 4/48; I've been looking forward to it, and, under the (false?) impression that I would be, I've already told quite a few people about it. But this is probably something I should be discussing with EA.

PS. I must also apologise, I didn't realise that I was offending you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REeEbSb9gio

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Anyone up for a tournament late January? I'd like to see how I go up against you guys now and it's not like my parents would let me come to a meet. :ohwell:

Ah i've been saying this for ages, i'm half scared i'm gonna get yelled at lol. :/

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I've thought about it but Central coast seems like a silly place to ask you all to come to. Especially the peeps down in Wollongong.

I'd love to but have not the money. :(

Also, the more I think about it, the more it feels like me asking for this was a bad idea. >:-/

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The Central Coast is as an awesome place though. I'm considering moving up there in the future.

:phone:

cheese619

Smash Ace
Gords is the greatest

EDIT: Also on vgbootcamp's stream they demoed P:M 2.5 Zero-Suit Samus but more importantly they demoed the new stage select screen. It has all the legal stages on the first page and banned stages on the second page. Starters and counterpicks are divided into separate rows. There are seven starter stages (the same ones used in American tournaments) and the game now has an inbuilt stage striking feature where pressing x whilst hovering over a stage strikes it. It's pretty f***ing cool.

Check it out here http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-5934-post-120005.html#pid120005

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I would love a cubby house/tree house in the forest. Hectic retirement plan.

I'd be like Diddy Kong.

I feel like playing Donkey Kong Country now.

Elysium: The Crew

Smash Rookie
So this is in no way a promise that its going to happen, but if we were to run a tourney with only Project M, who would be intrested in coming?

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I'd go. Project M is great!

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Uh... what the heck happened to the forums? A lot changed overnight and I'm not really sure what's going on or why anymore. On a slightly related note, what happened to the Western Sydney thread?

Top Bottom