• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Elysium's Sydney Tournaments: TITLE TOO LAZY TO EDIT - TED

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Ah, thanks for the info. So our subforums have been merged because we're not big enough? I always thought the layout was pretty effective, but I guess we'll see how this new one works.

Also the Western Sydney thread was locked when I posted that, but I guess it was probably necessary, lol.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No its because its a policy change and we're moving to new forum software soon.

Australia is probably the best example of regional subforums working really well, so hopefully we can argue for it back after the switch.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I don't see the appeal of a project M only tourney, when we could just have all 3 games like usual. Not to say I wouldn't come

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Project M is soooo much fun! I would agree to just that for a day. =)

:phone:

Btmns

Smash Rookie
If Foxy and Gords are coming to a decent sized tourny in the future i'll get hyped and fly over

Gords

Smash Champion
i should be there as i attend almost every tourney, but it we will have to try extra hard to get foxy to attend these days, if your coming it may convince him, lol

the other problem is having a decent sized tourney at the moment

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh this sounds good. =D

Tables and chairs hmm? I thought the venue owned them :o guess not. I could probably bring a chair if it was needed, though I don't think just one would really make a difference. >_>

But you know me, I always bring a wii so if there's TVs to accomodate, you've always got me bringing a setup. =)

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Because I thought I remember Shaya saying he didn't want to run one ever again. If he's changed his mind (or if my memory has failed me again), I fully support him running a tournament =D

Maybe I should just go back to my little dark corner...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't think I said I'd never run one again. But who knows what I've said that meant to come off as sarcastic.

I just hate everyone and everything a lot, but not enough right now (time heals all salt) that I need to refuel myself.

It's more so just a matter of getting tables and chairs and obviously TVs. Could start small.

Gords

Smash Champion
tournaments would be good, so shaya are you serious that all that is needed is some table and chairs. how many TVs do we have?
what happened to the bowling alley??

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
tournaments would be good, so shaya are you serious that all that is needed is some table and chairs. how many TVs do we have?
what happened to the bowling alley??
Yea, I was curious about the alley as well since i'd heard stuff that it wasn't being used as a venue and then it was and, yeah I'll just kinda echo gords here. :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Thanks for always finding a way to increase your post count Luco.

Bowling Alley is likely fine. I just think our scene size is too small right now for using a place which is strictly after a profit.

Gords

Smash Champion
i agree with you shaya about the bowling alley and our scene size.

So whats with this other joint, like where is it, how much and what we need.
I would be willing to help out if it means getting things rolling again. maybe a convo over skype/msn would be better to discuss these things though.

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
Hi all,

If any Sydney tournaments are held I have a couple of friends that would be interested in attending.

I shall be watching this thread for a while hoping something happens!

Cheers

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Toby left, so we lost the enthusiasm of 6, 7 or so people from the eastern suburbs of Sydney.

S.D left, so we lost the 5+ consistent people from the hunter.

Luke left, so we lost the 5 sometimes a lot more people from ACT.

Pillars of the scene hold things together!

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
But do numbers count that much? Would Ted or someone be more inclined to organise a tournament (which is what we're talking about) if there were more people?

It's up to TOs rather than numbers imo.

Gords

Smash Champion
TOs would be more motivated to organise things if more people came to them. there is more enjoyment at tournaments the more people/competition are present. tell me what competition ted has at tournaments these days

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
Come back 2 years ago FinXx. Tournaments every month.

What happened to you Sydney?
Aw dude, I can't believe I missed out on so much. This needs reviving!

TOs would be more motivated to organise things if more people came to them.
I'd bring at least two others with me to a Sydney tournament. We aren't top players, but damn would we like to compete with people other than ourselves :D

Top Bottom