• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
Shiet ive been SMS'ing with my phone.. Ive been doing it wrong!

ah.. im going to try do that =P sounds awesome. and lol u walked into that one alright

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
i suggest you read the scissors paper rock strategy guide...makes u that much better at the game giving you an unfair advantage :p

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, that's why it's easier to just explain it rather then do a diagram. Lightly Tilt Backwards B then Instantly Hit Forwards if you wanna SMS neutral B. And your right, for maximum effect, especially out of a Full hop, you need to DI back the way you came. But as for the actual momentum shift, the extra DI isn't exactly necessary.

Edit: Besides XD, look who you're explaining it too. Trust me, I know. And I know you know. We're cool.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Gah, all that SMS and IZAC still looks confusing. Do you have a video of it?

Anyways, my pal is taking forever to upload the vids onto YouTube so, if anyone's interested here are the matches I had at BOOST, there's friendly's, pool matches, bracket matches, doubles matches.

People I know that will be in this are:
Zero, Luke Atyeo, Tedeth, Nova, Pirate. D0N, Melancholy, Summoner, Silfa, Hotdogs

http://rapidshare.de/files/48674864/ScabeBoostMatches.rar.html

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Doesn't matter Ted. I came up as promised and that's the main thing. Besides, it's always a pleasure just chatting with you. Catcha next Friday I spose.

Ok Scabe! I got some vids that should help you out a bit.
Here's the one for the IZAC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNZDa_keJHI. It also contains one version of the Safe Spike and the so called SMS SHDA. It's not really an SMS'd SHDA even though it looks like it. It's actually a RAR B-reversal Quickdraw. But that's splitting hairs, so who cares.

And here's the SMS vid. I've been meaning to make a propper vid showing it used, well properly and with more then just the Boomerang, but I have no recording equipment or anything. So this will have to do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2qpfRmlSig It shows the SMS a few times, but it only shows it with the Boomerang and it only shows it being used once while jumping forwards and even then, it wasn't done quickly enough so the effect wasn't as good as it could have been. Which is a shame because the one jumping forwards is in my opinion the most useful.

There have been a few attempts to make a better vid, but none so far do it justice.

Anyway, I hope it helps.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
back in my day advanced techniques were actually advanced and actually useful
(my day being... not long ago)

swordsaint

Smash Master
I agree with Dekar for once in my life. All these techs you post are dumb and just applications of other techs. Some not really even TL techs, just character techs.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I dont think either of you realise how dumb you just made yourselves look, but not condog, he's cool.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I completely agree. Most people are. You're cool though Toby, I could never have anything against you man.

It's easy to mock someones thread, but how many threads has swordsaint made? I don't even think he understands the purpose of my thread. So he's in no position to judge it.

swordsaint

Smash Master
lol. Just because I'm the only one to mention it doesn't mean I haven't had people agree about it.

Foxy, you take way many things out of context, where did I ever mention anything about your THREAD? WTF? Your thread, in itself, is good. SOME of the techniques within the thread are good. The rest are :
A) useless
B) Applications of techniques, or the same technique either done differently
C) Things that apply to every character and not just Toon Link, which have been claimed as Toon Link techs

I think you did a good job on your thread. No doubt about it, there's also just a lot of needless things there as well.

I understand your thread perfectly fine, why do I need to make threads to understand why someone makes a thread? Saying I don't understand the purpose is essentially saying I'm an idiot. Where all I've said, is that your thread needs a bit of cleaning up to get rid of the excess that doesn't really need to be there.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

You don't understand the main purpose of my thread.

The main purpose is simply to list everything, and I do mean, everything that Toon can do, no matter how useless/situational it is. It's more of a reference list, or the dictionary of Toon Link. Everything that has been discovered that Toon can do, is in that thread. That's the whole point of it. That's why I have a usefulnes rating, so people can distinguish for themselves which techs they should learn and which ones are simply there for the sake of being there. So of course there are going to be things in there that are not character specific. They are in there because Toon can do them.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Possible upcoming Boost Dates:
Christmas/Holiday period is cutting our chances...

29th of November
20th of December
27th of December

Unfortunately the place is booked the weekend prior to SQUAT.
However with the end of hsc for many, and university semester for just about everyone else, the venture of a WEEKDAY tournament is feasible.

I've been told most Monday to Wednesdays generally always have the room free.
Perhaps a Monday the 7th of December?

So, I'm thinking
29th of November,
7th of December (Monday)
and 20th of December.

This would literally entail that for FIVE WEEKS STRAIGHT, many sydney smashers will be having a tournament to go to. (22nd = Stigma, 12/13th = squat)
ITS A LOT.
Whilst 27th of December is available, I'd say the days trailing christmas may be tricky for some (get back to me though).

If this is all too much to handle, cutting out the 29th is probably a good idea.

-

Also Ted, you know what I'm asking to stop.

Zero

Smash Hero
I don't think many would like the idea of the 27th Dec tourney. If you're willing to take those dates, I think I may hold out on the Smash Valley until next year.

Top Bottom