• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

S.D

Smash Master
Will ask Tim for use of his spare TV as I'll probably end up driving (in which case I have TV + Wii w/homebrew + cube if needed + melee/brawl.

Is the venue easy to get to or is it like right in the heart of the city?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I should have included this in the map on the front page, but if you do, please refer to the google maps link.

If you go west from where the map loads, you'll see Gardeners Road go onto Ricketty (<3) Street, which then JOINS THE PRINCES HIGHWAY. So yeah, uber easy to get to with driving I would say.

Gords

Smash Champion
turns out im going to syd on sat the 26th of september, so it also turns out i'll come to this and beat all u mofos down except sam isnt teaming with me and i have no other friends so i might end up with ilag or some ****
sounds good turtle definately want to play some melee even if a tourney doesnt happen.

I like those crew rules heaps better than freaking written down set characters and random nuetrals.

That's how crews should be played yo.

Oh, and with Turtle and Pat now coming along, If Pat could bring a setup, if I can bring a setup, and some likeminded person could provide a setup, we might be able to run a DE melee bracket for those who are interested. Just a thought at this stage.
ill have my wii and a copy of melee as well, although shaya may want to use my wii since it has NTSC homebrew.

definately interested in a melee tourney though.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Glad to see Pat can make it!

I wonder if Jaz can make it, since aside from Shaya, he also lives pretty close to the venue. He may be busy or something though.

fruityman

Smash Cadet
I know it's not much, but I could bring some powerboards and extension cords if you still need them. I'm not carrying something like a TV or wii so it would be no trouble for me to do so.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
mkay i can bring along 10 meter extension cord along with a 6x and 4x power-boards, also i got a new camera today ^_^ yay

just let me know if all the power cables n such are not needed so i know what to pack in my luggage

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'm not sure of others... even though others have said they're bringing stuff.
EA, as you want your laptop for MB right? If Melancholy is still okay with bringing his laptop we'll keep them seperate. Get back to me on that Melancholy.
Scoot is bringing a TV afaik (that is, if he's not still pissed at me, and is willing to stay the night as planned. ;_; )

Also if I bring PS2+MBAA (highly likely), then I won't have any desire to use the laptop for Melty, so use it for whatever. As an aside, will there be wireless at the venue?

Edit: Bjay - Both is cool, we could always do that. :3

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Take it up in private scoot.
Your tendancy to explode publicly doesn't resolve anything.

ea, avoid baiting this type of stuff please ;\

Yeah melancholy, it looks like it will be okay for you to not bring your laptop.

And I have no idea about wireless, it would be a great bonus, I guess I'll find out this Friday.

I LAG

Smash Lord
scott being called stupid is a part of the smash community. the more times you are called stupid, the more accepted in the community you are :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
As much as the irony in the last two posts are evident tolinguists, I must yet again remind you that this thread is srs bizness.

Trash talking about game skills only applies.

All you're base belong too sakurai. </srshypocrisy>

D0N

Smash Ace
So we're gonna do singles, doubles, AND daft crews? Or are draft crews replacing doubles? And what order is this all happening?

S.D

Smash Master
Shaya outlined a schedule a little while back, but rather than quote it I'll go by memory.

Doubles --> Singles --> Draft Crews (numbers dependant on time)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=110850

Equipment that is needed:
- Televisions
- Wiis with brawl
- Wiis with homebrew channel (put a + next to the wii if it has Homebrew or something; i.e. 2 wii+)
- Power Boards / Extension Cables - shouldn't need many, but if we have 2/3 powerboards, and 2/3 extension cables, I doubt we'd need anything more
- Projector?
- Melee gear. Three sets up ?
Shaya - Wii+, 2 TVs, laptop
e_alert - Wii+, 2 TVs, laptop
Melancholy - laptop (bring it if you want to, i dont think we'll need it though, ty anyway)
planetstereo - 1 TV
meteor/leish - 2 wii+
S.D - 1 TV, wii+, cube
Gords - wii+
fruity - powerboards/extension cables (3each)
swordsaint - 1 tv, 1 wii
luke - 1/2 tv, 2 wii+

TVs: 7/8. Wii: 9 (8+).

So we're currently at a surplus of wiis. But we need MOAR. Especially as one of those TVs are meant for melee.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
If we already have yours and EA's laptop, I won't bother bringing mine along then.

I could have probably bought a setup, since I was going to drive, but somebody crashed into my car and I can't drive it at the moment :(

My Wii doesn't have homebrew on it anyway...

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Silly people should check their blind spot before pulling out onto a busy street :mad:

Well I might be able to bring my wii along then, if there's a TV for it.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah sure shaya, I'll have either 1 or 2 tv's not sure yet, and 2 wii's with homebrew.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
good news everyone

i made a bul**** to say that i had a school assignment to do on sunday to go to tourney...

YAY...

can't bring anything to contribute except for my 5 bucks.. T_T

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Its 5 dollars each to register into both doubles and singles correct?

Yay my flight is 1pm tomorrow ^_^. I hope they're isn't epic turbulence this time >_>. I packed myself on the plane when it happened last time xD

swordsaint

Smash Master
Turbulence is amazing and so much fun.

Like one time just taking off from Avalon, there was just so much people in the front rows nearly had their heads hit the ceiling. Was so funny to watch.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yes.

So for the whole day, it should be $15 per person.

Luckily you weren't flying in today, the winds have been terrible, this morning was a dust storm (everything on my balcony is coloured red), and the winds are still pretty strong.
Hopefully it wont be that bad tomorrow.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
No its not, i have a fear of planes crashing xD (blames mum for making me watch those flight crash investigation shows >_>)

and lol you're nice scott xD -spams your msn-

Edit: oh okay, eeek dust storms =x hopefully they clear up by tomorrow haha,

Sieg

Smash Champion
Turbulence.

Take off.

People hitting cieling.

SEATBELTS.

Invented for a reason.

Turbulence is ****.

Try a sudden drop of altitude coming into Sydney Airport. That was a real pants ****ter.

Top Bottom