• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

S.D

Smash Master
This was an interesting tournament for me, under normal circumstances I wouldn't have even been able to make it, but since it was my last chance to see you guys and have a Syd tournament I dragged my exhausted, drugged and completely distracted self along. Big thank you to everyone who showed up and wished me well, I appreciate it a lot, especially especially Jason, Simon and Jaz - I know you guys were busy but it was great of you all to come.

Had a lot of trouble concentrating/staying awake all day, but it was really nice to see some very notable improvements in the general quality of the NSW scene. zxv has come so far so quickly and it's great to see - in both brawl and melee. He reminds me of myself when I arrived on the scene, but I think he is far more driven to improve and succeed than anyone else who has come through in recent times.

Much <3 to all Sydney, sorry I was so spaced out today, I'm in a weird place atm I suppose...

And yes there was epicness in Brawl believe it or not.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also Leisha knocked out a certain power ranked player from the tournament.

Hence out placing that certain power ranked player in the tournament. His tiny muscle wasn't put to good use.

LOL LOL LOL

Zxv

Smash Lord
Lol, I didn't come first in Brawl. Won Melee doubles and singles, and came third in Brawl doubles and singles. Loser's Finals against Shaya was probably the most amazing and luckiest set I've ever played in my life. I won't spoil the surprise. You'll have to wait until Shaya uploads it. Ending was the most epic part, too.

GREAT sets Shaya and S.D.! We'll all miss you so much Sam :(

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles was like
1st: Tedeth
2nd: Shaya
3rd: XYZ
4th: Meteor Master

Doubles was like S.D + Shaya, Luke + Ted, Zxv + Gords for top 3 but I don't know the order.

Zero

Smash Hero
1. Tedeth
2. Shaya
3. Zxv
4. Meteor Master
5. kaleidoRuby
5. Summoner
7. S.D
7. LeishaChu
9. Luke Atyeo
9. Foxy
9. patv
9. Gords

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
You weren't there to see iKill vs. Gords today though.

Don't worry, the match was saved.
I gotta be honest. That was one, if not the best set i have ever played. I gotta vs Gords more.

And to summoner. In that death set thingo. I had to leave soon anyway so i let him win ^_^
Ganon Ditto FTW

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I got ***** :(

also apparently its cool to take someones best ganon in australia title without even playing the person who holds the title, and then laugh it cause it isnt taken serisouly or whatever, and then a whole character board decides to do stick with that **** decision.

who will take the stand with me?

luke V seadorf, have your say now http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=280417

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
What? No shoutouts yet?

I'm a bit dissapointed in you all, but this is nothing new XD.

I'ma do some shoutouts cause I rarely go to tourneys, but I was hoping I could read other's first so I can remember peoples names. So if you don't get a shoutout, you'll probably get one later.

Ted: Holy **** right? Best weekend eva! Forget the tourney, just hangin with you was the greatest. I finally got to eat the '*******' (wow, the burger is so good that it has to be sensored) and it did not dissapoint. It lived up to your wild and outragous claims. I think I'm still full from it. I barely ate all day. I've been slowly watching more episodes of purepwnage with my terrible internet connection and I swear it gets better all the time. Thanks for introducing it to me and Shaya. No doubt Shaya has also been watching it. As for the actual tourney, I barely saw you at all XD. I watched as many matches of yours as I could and you seemed to have things covered as usual. I'll cya some time this week.

Shaya: hiya shaya! Thanks for the tourney of course, but also a big thank you for letting an almost complete stranger crash at your house. (I mean, you didn't know my name XD, which is pretty normal btw. I remember the time that everyone found out my name for the first time at Ted's house. My brother came to pick me up and he called my name and everyone just stoped what they were doing and just stared at each other like, holy ****, that's Foxy's real name!) I can see us becoming pretty good mates in the near future, as if we already aren't. I didn't play you at all at the tourney, which is probably a good thing, but hopefully next time I verse you I would have improved even more and I'll be able to at least keep you entertained XD. Catcha next time man.

Luke: Thanks for the lift man, sweet music choice as usual. Don't feel too bad about your results. No one doubts that you could own them given half the chance. That Fox is really coming along and you are quite brave to use him so much. I could have sworn you would have changed character at some points when you could have easilly defeated them with Snake, but beyond belief you stuck with it. Max respect. As for the Ganon issues ^, when's the last time you versed ZXV's Ganon? He's a wizard you know. And besides, who the hell is seadorf anyway? I've never heard of him. Your Ganon is vastly superior, clearly. Next time bring Scabe even if you have to lock him in the boot of your car XD. I missed Scabe...

Scabe: Where you at?

Felix: My new best friend pretty much. I should give the buffalo wings a shoutout they were that good, but you were the one that made them happen. Think about how good that makes you! I'm so glad you came along to the tourney even though you had no intention of entering. It was one of the highlights of my tourney experience just chatting with you man. You sure do love your biscuits! What a bargain though right? I hope you got enough friendlies in so you had stuff to do all day. How was the trip back? I know I would have died if I had to travel back that far. Did you die? Maybe you were saved by zoning out through looking at Luke's hair again. Oh and Melee teams was pretty lols, best team eva, I had fun. So here's the big question though, have you mastered Ike's boost toss already? It's just so amazing, I'm confident that you've already got the hang of it. I'm not sure if I'll ever see you again as I'm not even sure how long you are staying in Aus. Anyway, I hope I'll catcha later.

Gords: Dude, we did pretty well at that tourney. 'Toon's represent' or something like that. Our matches were pretty close man, if it wasn't for those spikes I got, it could have easily gone either way. It's always interesting trying to compare us cause we both just have totally different play styles. I think you are generally more aggressive then I am and our different play styles either work better or worse against different matchups. I've decided I can't change my controls, there's just too much I lose by giving up the grab button and I can't change controlers, so I spose I'm stuck without a C-stick down. Instead of using the dj dair DI shiz, I decided to just work on getting into the habit of momentum canceling with Bair and using some better OoS options. Congrats on Doubles btw. You and ZXV worked pretty well as a team and it was great to watch. I've gotta say though, we're mates, so a little less trash talk next time ok XD? It's just a game after all. I'll catcha round this week.

EA: The class ganon. Jeez you put up with a lot man XD. Your the best, so it's ok. Once again our matches were sooo close. I think I've pretty much got that IC's matchup figured out now, at least on BF. I think I'd still be majorly screwed on FD. No time outs! What is with that? We always have timeouts! Next time I'll have to play even gayer. Tbh, I don't really remember the other matches against Marth. I think they were also pretty close. Maybe you can help me out there and refresh my memory. I'm not even sure how you went in the tourney but I heard you got really unlucky in one game. Stupid Nana. What a *****. I'll seeya round man.

Mic: It was nice meeting you man. Thanks for teaming with me btw. I swear we could have won some more of those games. It really doesn't matter though, I don't take teams too seriously tbh. How do you handle playing so many characters? I find it hard enough just maining Toon and I only bring my Fox and Pit out for friendlies when I'm bored, but to be confident to bring other characters out in a tourney is pretty legit. My favourite was Toon and Luigi, the dream green team, but I think we probably did better when you went Pikachu. Anywho, I hope I'll catch up with you at one of the next boosts depending on when I go next.

Patv: Jeez I just had no idea what to do with that Olimar matchup. Your Olimar is quite good man. I've never understood much about Olimar, I should really read up on him a bit. He just seems to be such a complicated character. I don't know how you handle it tbh. +1 respect point XD. I can't wait to verse you next time, I'm gonna try to learn the matchup in the mean time.

Summoner: I thought I knew how to handle Kirby until I versed you. That's the last time I take a Kirby to Brinstar. F-smash kills at like 80% all day. It's just too broken XD. And you only got me with one suicide kill this time ('Yes!' XD).

Leisha: Our games were intensly close this time. I thought I had it right at the end with that U-smash trying to punish the airdodge and then I blinked and it was all over. Needless to say, Rob's grab B-throw is so fast it's the broken. I could have cried XD. Every time I verse you, you beat me, and then I improve heaps and you improve just as much with me. I look forward to our games, just like me and EA, it's always pretty close. Keep up the impovements. Your games verses Luke! Wow! Leish is too pro.

Zero: Man I just got out played. Plain and simple. It's a shame we didn't get around to playing those friendlies afterwards. It would have been great experience for me. Maybe next time. The ZSS matchup is the other matchup I want to learn now (other than the oli matchup). There just doesn't seem to be any good spacing at all against ZSS. My playstyle just goes out the window. Hopefully next time I'll give you a closer match. Catcha.

iKill: Nice matches. I just know the Snake matchup soo well. Your Snake is actually quite good though. I heard about your matches vs Gords, unfortunatelly I was playing somone when that was happening. I did hear a lot of OOHHH OOOOOOOOHH!!!! and I was like, wtf is going on, but I missed it. Hopefully someone will upload it.

ZXV: You lucky ******* XD. How many Bob-ombs was that? Like I said to you, you pull Bombs more frequently then Luke missfires. It is ludicrus! All your matches vs Shaya were amazing. You proved once again that you are a major contender, something that me and Ted have been saying for ages. I mean, you were about the length of one squirtle's foot away from the grand finals. Just imagine! You just...... wow. Every time you play, wow. Congrats on all your winnings man. You deserved them.

Ricky: I watched your matches against Shaya. Jeez it was close. Your Sonic is just everywhere at the same time. If only you didn't kill yourself! It was just so close. I can't help but hope you'll win every time you play. I watched that doubles match where you got 6 spike kills with Ness. Just gtfo, that is broken beyond repair. Way too good. Cya round.

New guys: Darn, I can't remember your names.... But I was that tall guy that played Toon. We had some cool matches in singles and in doubles... in both games XD. How about that comeback in brawl teams!! Even I was impressed with myself, which doesn't happen often, I should have saved that match. Anyway, you guys were all so awesome and I hope you stick around at least long enough for me to remember your names. Cya next time.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
no way foxy, remember sat night, where I showed I can misfire on command.

80% of the time, I misfire all of the time.

Arokasi

Smash Rookie
Thanks, Foxy. I was the Marth you played in, well, every event. I'll get you in Brawl singles next time =D

Gords

Smash Champion
Wait, what?
Foxy when did I trash talk you.

Also about the olimar match up. Use little to no bombs and n-air works really well to rid yourself of pikmin. Other than that all I can say is rack up the damage till their off stage and use effective edge guarding.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Alright some quick shoutouts.

JP: Thanks for starting brawl doubles so late that I had to leave before they finished. Although you did let me use your laptop for anime acquisition so I guess I can forgive you.

Andrew: We are basically the greatest team ever, if I didn't have to leave we probably would have won brawl and melee. Also thanks for the anime, I'll get the rest of you some other time.

Sam: Why do you have to leave :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Luke: Good to see you, you filthy red headed git. Anyway I'll crush your soul next tournament.

Felix: Sorry I didn't get to show you Ike stuff, next tournament when I don't have to leave early I will.

ZXV: I can't believe you and Gords beat us in melee doubles, I was surprised. Nice work winning melee.

iKill: That doubles match with Ivysaur was very enjoyable. Vine Whip is the broken.

Leisha: Was fun teaming with you in friendlies, which PR player did you beat I still don't know?

Patv: Doubles games were quite enjoyable, game and watch has broken smashes.

Ted: You crushed my Ike with wolf and then I somehow won that match against Wario. That was probably one of the funniest/biggest comebacks eva in the history of the universe. Good seeing you again man. I'll beat you next tournament since JP seems incapable.

Ricky: Good seeing you again. Did we even play any matches?

EA: Don't think I got to play you this tournament, in another life maybe it would have happened.

Toby: Thanks for been a prick and not coming to this tournament and breaking Sam's heart. You *******.

Foxy: Thanks for not giving me a shoutout, but since I didn't speak to you it was to be expected. From your shoutouts I would assume you went to burger fuel at some point?

New People: Hello

Sorry if I forgot people.

Shiniest

Smash Apprentice
Foxy you're to cool brother. i haven't had time to practice Ike's boost toss yet, but i did get a good amount of friendlies in.
saturday night ted was hazing me and crushing me with every character, every time i'd loose he'd pull a bruce lee with the wii motes, and beat me with them like they were knunckucks. i noticed sunday i was doing alot better, thanks for the games ted :p.
i'd say the hightlight of my smash xp this time was almost 3 stocking woads toon, and then almost 2 stocking his diddy :p, also beating the formerly best in australia, i forget his name, but took 2 stocks with fsmashes, for the manly kills.
And Pman is too good, his diddy ***** me endlessly.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
no way foxy, remember sat night, where I showed I can misfire on command.

80% of the time, I misfire all of the time.
Oh yeah... that was so amazing. You walk in, Ted is teaching me how to wavedash and we were doing it with luigi cause he's green, and you say something like, "how about I show you something cool with Luigi", and I was like, "what, you mean missfire", in a joking way, and you pick up the controler and strait away, instant missfire.

Thanks, Foxy. I was the Marth you played in, well, every event. I'll get you in Brawl singles next time =D
Sweet your on the boards! It really was every event wasn't it? I mean, I actually enjoyed playing you, but by the end we were like, really? again? I hope you had a great time man.

Wait, what?
Foxy when did I trash talk you.

Also about the olimar match up. Use little to no bombs and n-air works really well to rid yourself of pikmin. Other than that all I can say is rack up the damage till their off stage and use effective edge guarding.
XD, don't worry dude, it was just one of the days you were around, somewhere between friday and saturday, you called me over for some friendlies and in a serious voice you said something like, "I'm sorry to say this, but I'm going to beat you now and I'm going to beat you at the tournament." and I was like, oook then..... fair enough. It was just a bit unecessary. You know? It's all good though, I really don't care.
And yeah, I have read the olimar matchup before, but it's easier said then done. I did use a lot of Nair and I did use very little bombs, but it didn't help enough.

Foxy: Thanks for not giving me a shoutout, but since I didn't speak to you it was to be expected. From your shoutouts I would assume you went to burger fuel at some point?
You guessed it. Burger fuel is the best place ever. It makes other burgers look like mere sandwiches. I'm sorry to say, but I still don't know who you are XD. Which one were you, who do you main, all that. Why do I get the feeling that I already know you but I forgot and now by disowning you I look like a prick XD.

i'd say the hightlight of my smash xp this time was almost 3 stocking woads toon
Struth. Bloody oath. That's Aussie for, wow XD. I figure I can take some credit for you knowing the Toon matchup right?

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
It seems everyon these days knows the Snake matchup. And i could see that you know how to beat Snake ,Foxy but i was watching you vs Zero and you got beaten pretty badly. Should learn the ZSS matchup ^_^ But yeah i enjoyed it all

Edit: And yes Liam, Vine Whip is broken -_-

Edit Edit: If some one does upload that match between me and Gords, please tell me when its up

Shiniest

Smash Apprentice
yeah i think it was kulla...or cysco.... or something with a k or c in front.. his main was mk, but i beat his secondary snake. forgot to mention Ea, i'll beat that **** marth someday, and liam i'm holding you to that, i need more ike strats. I'll be entering next tourney btw

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah, we've both been playing brawl from the very very beginning and were both at the first ever brawl tourney, so we're the same oldest, so I can call being the oldest, and so can you.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
You guessed it. Burger fuel is the best place ever. It makes other burgers look like mere sandwiches. I'm sorry to say, but I still don't know who you are XD. Which one were you, who do you main, all that. Why do I get the feeling that I already know you but I forgot and now by disowning you I look like a prick XD.
You may be confused as everyone calls me Liam instead of Ellipsis. Also I main MK and Ike. Although I used to main DK.

Top Bottom