• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nowhere Mafia - The Ultimate Conspiracy Thriller - Game Over, Town wins!

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Honestly, seeing some of the roles I have to agree with Smashman. Half of the characters used to be organization members but are now resistance. Any organization member can now just as easily claim their true character but say that they changed sides. The name claim seems kinda worthless now.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Honestly, seeing some of the roles I have to agree with Smashman. Half of the characters used to be organization members but are now resistance. Any organization member can now just as easily claim their true character but say that they changed sides. The name claim seems kinda worthless now.
A cookie to the man who paid attention.

*Gives Lombardi a cookie*

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Read what I said above. I didn't want the power roles revealing their characters and increasing their chances of getting nightkilled.
How about I remove that fear.

I'm Thomas Veil.

Mr. Lombardi is not Mafia.

I got roleblocked night 1. I'm assuming it was by the Mafia.

Now: If you are a WATCHER, meaning you can "watch" someone at night to see who pays a visit, target me. This will give the town a LOT of information tomorrow regardless of whether I live through the night. If I survive and don't get roleblocked, I'll have another night's worth of information.

Anyone still not want to reveal their name?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Except our characters did so in the show

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't see how fishing for roles is good at all >: (

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Do you really want me to answer that, Yaya? The mafia doesn't need to know the specifics of my role. I just claimed to be the star of the show. I can do something at night. It's useful. That's enough, and it's assumed.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Good point, Scav.

If we do have a doctor, it would be a great idea to have him protect Scav next night. So that he doesn't die, I imagine the star of the show would have an important role.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
WHAT WE KNOW
Dead:
Redcell - Harry Corners - Resistance
CK - Jim Hubbard - Organization
<3 - Scott Jordon - Resistance
Jungle - Kyle Manks - Independent

Claimed:
Scav - Thomas Veil
Yaya - Dave Powers
Mr.Lombardi34 - Doctor Moen
omis? - Deirdre Cotrera
Macman - Joseph Engler
Eor - Karen Stoltz

Not claimed:
Marshy
Rockin
Tommosaurus Rex
Mediocre
smashman90

Hey Smashman, you were quite vocal that you would claim if other people did. Then you went silent immediately after my name claim. Hi.
Hey Rockin... what are you wearing?
Tom and Marshy, I miss you.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Fine, I'll claim then since I'm probably gonna keep getting *****ed at by everybody. I am Alexander Hale. I've been helping out Tom from inside the Organization until they found out what I've been doing so now they're chasing me down just like the rest of us.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Alexander Hale was Tom's mysterious contact within the agency, so I can believe him unless we have a counter claim

smashman90

Smash Lord
Hold on, wasn't there another Thomas Veil? Like a doppelganger? If so, could it be possible that Scav is the doppelganger and the real Thomas Veil hasn't revealed himself? Chances are that I am wrong, but there is that possibility.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The series ended with Tom seeing another Tom.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It's pretty fun reading through the thread, seeing all these "Tom"s. -_-

I'm Jane Butler, an attorney. I joined the resistance after my career was toppled by Organization for failing to falsely incriminate Thomas Veil, so that I could fix my reputation.

I think that this name claim should stay a name claim, and not evolve into a role claim, and I'm keeping my vote on "omis?" because

@Lombardi
I noticed that your character is Doctor Moen. Does he have doctor abilities, or is it just a name? Feel free not to answer.
he rolefished for a doctor, and

If anything I thought my role would be that of a independant.
this is an awkward way to qualify a name claim. "If anything, I thought I wouldn't be town, but I'm not calling myself mafia!"

So my vote stays.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

I'm Stanley Robman, deputy director of the FBI. My powers were suspended because the Organization had people in my office, and I was placed on leave after starting an investigation on the Organization. I heard about Thomas Veil's efforts and joined the Resistance.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
New list:
Dead:
Redcell - Harry Corners - Resistance
CK - Jim Hubbard - Organization
<3 - Scott Jordon - Resistance
Jungle - Kyle Manks - Independent

Claimed:
Scav - Thomas Veil
Yaya - Dave Powers
Mr.Lombardi34 - Doctor Moen
omis? - Deirdre Cotrera
Macman - Joseph Engler
Eor - Karen Stoltz
Marshy - Stanley Robman
Tommosaurus Rex - Jane Butler
smashman90 - Alexander Hale

Not claimed:
Rockin
Mediocre

As for voting, it's pretty obvious that Omis is the favorite. I still plan on voting for him when it gets closer to the deadline. But, I don't want him to be 1 out, since there's no reason for us to cut this day short now that we're active. My reason for voting him is the same reason I mentioned him day 1. He caught my eye because I believe he's posting to appear active without actually helping the town. That he keeps on looking more and more suspicious makes him my best bet.

Yaya

Smash Champion
From Wikipedia:

Episode 9:

Tom is befriended by a man whose own life was taken away by the organization more than 20 years before. Gus Shepard, played by Dean Stockwell, has come to realize that the conspiracy's focus has shifted from him to Tom and that even his life as a runaway no longer has meaning.

That would make Mediocre town, I believe.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Honestly, I would have rather had Mediocre provide us with information on his own name claim as opposed to simply finding a name that hasn't been claimed and waiting for someone else to fill in the details for him, Yaya.

Mediocre, would you like to explain why you posted simply a name?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

I'm Emily Noonan

I help Tom out after he gets shot for camping at private property of Collective Foods. While nursing him back to recovery, I get to know Tom and soon fall in love with him. After a small crisis of one of towns people pulling out from their shares, a bit of Ton rubbed on me and I began to take charge, just like what should've been done 10 years ago. Now, with issues calming down, I set my focus on supporting Tom and join the Resistance.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer

I'm Emily Noonan

I help Tom out after he gets shot for camping at private property of Collective Foods. While nursing him back to recovery, I get to know Tom and soon fall in love with him. After a small crisis of one of towns people pulling out from their shares, a bit of Ton rubbed on me and I began to take charge, just like what should've been done 10 years ago. Now, with issues calming down, I set my focus on supporting Tom and join the Resistance.
Your picture doesn't show up, which is odd for Evil Eye to both send you a picture that doesn't work, but more odd for you to then show this image you can't see.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It's pretty fun reading through the thread, seeing all these "Tom"s. -_-

I'm Jane Butler, an attorney. I joined the resistance after my career was toppled by Organization for failing to falsely incriminate Thomas Veil, so that I could fix my reputation.

Problem! That never happened.

Jane Butler was the public DA assigned to Tom when he was arrested for a crime. Tom had a doppleganger going around that did the crime, and he told Butler this. He said he could prove he was the real Tom because while Fake Tom had his photos, he didn't have the evidence he took them. Butler then went to where the doppleganger was, brought back negatives, which Tom proved to be a fake, but to make it clear enough to drop the charges he'd have to get his own negatives. He manages to get 30 minutes alone, gets the negatives, but also gets a tape recorder that he doesn't listen to until the end. Butler goes to where she's suppose to meet Tom, where Tom is then shot dead. But Tom outwitted them, and the tom they shot was the fake one, and the negatives on fake tom were also the fake one. Real Tom then rides away, and plays the tape recorder, which had instructions for Butler to get the negative, and that once she does it'd all be over.

Looks like someone lied

Vote: Tom

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Hold on, wasn't there another Thomas Veil? Like a doppelganger? If so, could it be possible that Scav is the doppelganger and the real Thomas Veil hasn't revealed himself? Chances are that I am wrong, but there is that possibility.
There is, but if Scav is doppelganger then he's mafia, and I guess we can decide on that if someone else claims the same name

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Real convincing there. Even if you don't get details, a picture at a minimum should be used.

Apparently, I've been running from the organization for over 25 years, after creating a cheap alternative to petroleum.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Also, Eor, I notice that when I google search your character, absolutely nothing relevant turns up.

Try it yourself. Search for "Karen Stoltz" Nowhere Man. Nothing comes up. There was a Danny Stoltz, an actor who apparently was an extra on the show.

To me, this seems like a very Eor-y move. He knew a nameclaim was coming, sooner or later, so he decided he might as well initiate it, making himself look more innocent in the process. I can't say for certain that Karen Stoltz wasn't in the show, but the show is obscure enough that Eor might be willing to take the risk of nameclaiming a character who was never in the show to begin with. It's certainly less risky than chancing a counter claim.

As for Danny Stoltz? My best guess is that Eor was looking around for possible names to claim, saw the last name "Stoltz" and got it stuck in his head. He mistakenly used that actor's last name for his nonexistant character.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
That's probably because either EE or Eor mispelled the name. At first this would be ****ing for Eor, but EE has done it before. Did anyone try searching for "Kyle Manks?" If you did, you didn't find anything. The character's name is "Kyle Mencks."

We've lynched people based on a mispelled name claim before, and been right. Just bear in mind that EE has already mispelled one name, presumably because he came up with them from memory. If Eor was googling around for a name claim and came across "Karin Stolk," I would think he would remember the unusual spelling. However, if he was just repeating what EE told him, the typo would come through.

Karin Stolk. There's Something About Her.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
My mistake, it is in fact Karin Stoltz. But the common thread is "Karin", as opposed to "Karen."

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Wait, wait, wait, wait. Karin's dead. :mad:

It looks like EE managed to obfuscate the name claims enough that they aren't game breaking. Using Dr. Moen as an example, he only appears in one episode. It certainly didn't include him getting shot and joining the resistance. I need to read up on Joseph Engler, but if we're going strictly by what happened in the show, then Tom, Eor and Mr. Lombardi are all lying liars. I haven't found anything on Joseph Engler yet, but I bet he follows the same pattern.

I'm confident that Mr. Lombardi is not Mafia. We'll need to focus on inconsistency more than on the actual story. Eor... your character died. That's more suspicious than Tom's story.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Wait, wait, wait, wait. Karin's dead. :mad:

It looks like EE managed to obfuscate the name claims enough that they aren't game breaking. Using Dr. Moen as an example, he only appears in one episode. It certainly didn't include him getting shot and joining the resistance. I need to read up on Joseph Engler, but if we're going strictly by what happened in the show, then Tom, Eor and Mr. Lombardi are all lying liars. I haven't found anything on Joseph Engler yet, but I bet he follows the same pattern.
Unless your tom, almost every character here has only appeared in one episode. There is no reoccurring characters outside of Tom

. Eor... your character died. That's more suspicious than Tom's story.
I don't get how my dead character is any more suspicious then someone lying about what their character did, since EE would at least know what actually happened in the episode. My character did die, because the Organization killed her and her last actions were trying to get Tom to wake up since he was unconscious.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer

Apparently, I've been running from the organization for over 25 years, after creating a cheap alternative to petroleum.
His character helps Tom and did develop a cheap alternative to petroleum.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
And yes, character is Karin Stoltz, my PM said "Karen". It's unlikely they'd of spelled it on the show

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It's also hinted that Gus is killed at the end of his episode (him and Tom are running away, they part, mentioning that the Organization is after Gus, Tom escapes, then hears a single gunshot in the distance. episode ends)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Problem! That never happened.

Jane Butler was the public DA assigned to Tom when he was arrested for a crime. Tom had a doppleganger going around that did the crime, and he told Butler this. He said he could prove he was the real Tom because while Fake Tom had his photos, he didn't have the evidence he took them. Butler then went to where the doppleganger was, brought back negatives, which Tom proved to be a fake, but to make it clear enough to drop the charges he'd have to get his own negatives. He manages to get 30 minutes alone, gets the negatives, but also gets a tape recorder that he doesn't listen to until the end. Butler goes to where she's suppose to meet Tom, where Tom is then shot dead. But Tom outwitted them, and the tom they shot was the fake one, and the negatives on fake tom were also the fake one. Real Tom then rides away, and plays the tape recorder, which had instructions for Butler to get the negative, and that once she does it'd all be over.

Looks like someone lied

Vote: Tom
That isn't different from my story at all, Eor. The organization tried to orchestrate an opportunity to get un-organization people to put the real Tom Veil away for good, and their plan failed. My career was toppled by the Organization, and I now move to make things right. Where is your discrepancy? If I follow correctly, you have your own little problem with your name, as have other characters, and people are even talking about there being a doppelganger Tom Veil apart from Scav. (note: everyone has name claimed, and I don't see another Tom, so I don't see the problem there.)

There is, but if Scav is doppelganger then he's mafia, and I guess we can decide on that if someone else claims the same name
It's a Cylon with a fedora and a trench coat who is in Nowhere Man. All the SWF games are coming together quite nicely LOL.

I'm confident that Mr. Lombardi is not Mafia. We'll need to focus on inconsistency more than on the actual story. Eor... your character died. That's more suspicious than Tom's story.
You said that strictly going by flavor would make Lombo a lying liar, and yet you are confident that he is not mafia. That should be example enough that this game is designed like any of the themed games over at mafiascum, which are claim proof. "Following the mod," a variation of following the cop (cop claims, doc on him, ???, profit) is what happens when everyone simply plays by the flavor and nothing more to win the game. If we play like this, we are going to fall into the purposeful trap changes that Evil Eye undoubtedly put into the game to make it different from the show, to promote real, legitimate scum hunting as opposed to flavor lynching. This is why I'm focusing on omis as opposed to any name claims.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
That isn't different from my story at all, Eor. The organization tried to orchestrate an opportunity to get un-organization people to put the real Tom Veil away for good, and their plan failed.
No, they didn't. They wanted the negatives, they were planning to shoot and capture him, not put him in jail

My career was toppled by the Organization, and I now move to make things right.
Never happens in the show

Where is your discrepancy?
You claimed you were sent to put Tom away. You were there to defend him and get the negatives, then have him killed. There was never an attempt to actually put him in jail, like you said, your character never redeemed and turned against the Organization, like you said.

Your character never attempted to falsely incriminate Tom.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
You said that strictly going by flavor would make Lombo a lying liar, and yet you are confident that he is not mafia. That should be example enough that this game is designed like any of the themed games over at mafiascum, which are claim proof. "Following the mod," a variation of following the cop (cop claims, doc on him, ???, profit) is what happens when everyone simply plays by the flavor and nothing more to win the game. If we play like this, we are going to fall into the purposeful trap changes that Evil Eye undoubtedly put into the game to make it different from the show, to promote real, legitimate scum hunting as opposed to flavor lynching. This is why I'm focusing on omis as opposed to any name claims.
That's my point exactly. If we go by flavor, then Lombardi is mafia. But Lombardi isn't Mafia. So we shouldn't go by flavor.

Besides, I still see Tom's story as fitting in with the actual plot. I don't see how you can question Tom's character no longer having a career when you expect us not to question your character no longer being dead.

Now that everyone's claimed:

Vote: Omis?

Top Bottom