• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nowhere Mafia - The Ultimate Conspiracy Thriller - Game Over, Town wins!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
OK Medi, door 1.

"the mod might have made bad guys town, even though he wouldn't have"
I said I doubted it, but this isn't so unbelievable that it wasn't worth mentioning, also considering that only positive things were being said about the name claim and it can only help for townies to consider the pros and cons before giving their name away.

As for you saying that this wouldn't be a problem, I can see a doc failing to protect a potentially useful townie because of their name, or a cop waste an investigation because they're too focused on the name instead of investigating someone for the right reasons. Just townies acting on the names alone.

then there's the fact that we don't have the list of characters and by looking them up only after someone claims, we run the risk of not being able to find them.
I saw this potentially damaging to the town because it'll most likely lead to enough suspicion on a player who has a role that nobody could find info on, quite possibly enough that players could act on it whether it be with their own role (or not act, depending on their role) or lynching the guy. I think it's possible that there's little enough info for certain roles to determine whether or not they'd be on organization or resistance considering it's an unknown show.

"we might not be able to find out information about somebody's claim and therefore we should ignore all the information we would get from a nameclaim" is very un-Marshylike.
I'll be the judge of that! Also, I'm not convinced that we'd get enough info out of a nameclaim to justify the risks.

The one reason I'd consider a nameclaim right now is that an obvious baddy would possibly be revealed, specifically the main bad guy of the show that I'm too lazy to look up right now. However, there's a chance that he'd be able to successfully fake a nameclaim, or even if someone counterclaims he might make a convincing enough case that we'd lynch the wrong guy, and while of course we'd get him immediately afterwards, that's losing a townie. Same thing applies if he's near the end of the name claim conga line and counterclaims someone. This could end up worse if there are other obvious baddies who'd pull this off.

That said, I'd be for a nameclaim later when there's a likelier chance to weed out liars. Go through with the nameclaim now and the mafia would be sure that an important enemy name would pop up. Town wouldn't.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
****, that isn't cool. Yesterday I made a post, but my connection must have did something, and it never posted. Sorry guys, I did mean to post yesterday. Now I guess I will say what I meant to:

I personally do not think that a name claim is a worthwhile tactic on Day 1, nor do I think that we can do it in time. I will also say that my previous plan is not the best one as of now, considering how close to deadline we are. We should pick somebody who's suspicious/odd and vote for them. I agree with TMW on this - That person is Junglefever.

I dislike how he has constantly been using "Lol im a noob" to avoid everything. I feel that it's the only big enough suspicion we have to vote on. No matter what alignment he is, we will gain information and we will not be in the dark for Day 2.

We absolutely cannot go without a lynch today, and while Jungle's actions would not merit a lynch under normal circumstances, we have a deadline here. Assuming that there is an SK, that means there will be 2 deaths every night until we take him out. Lynching will not only give us a chance of hitting the mafia or the SK, but mainly it will give us the info we need to have a successful Day 2.

I would vote for Jungle now, but seeing as how already have, I'll leave it at that.

Omis

my friends were skinny
First things first
Unvote Scav
Now that you are active my vote means nothing.
Omis, you've been doing a lot of vote prodding. Is there someone you actually suspect, aside from being inactive?
My voted for Mediocre and you were the typical activity drawing votes. Standard stuff there.
I do feel suspicious about Jungle though. However, my voting for him will be on the deadline basis. I would not normally go off of something so small but we dont have much of a choice. Lombardi makes some good points too.
Vote Junglefever

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Vote Count: (7/13 to lynch)

Junglefever: Mr.Lombardi34, Macman, omis (3)

Marshy: Medi (1)

Deadline is in three days.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I personally do not think that a name claim is a worthwhile tactic on Day 1, nor do I think that we can do it in time. I will also say that my previous plan is not the best one as of now, considering how close to deadline we are. We should pick somebody who's suspicious/odd and vote for them. I agree with TMW on this - That person is Junglefever.
You have me confused with someone else, I don't think I've said anything about junglefever.

That being said, I actually do think he is our best candidate for a lynch. Since we don't have time for a roleclaim today I don't see how anyone else is going to come to be more suspicious than he is today.

Vote: Junglefever

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

Junglefever: Mr.Lombardi34, Macman, omis, tmw_redcell (4)

Deadline is in two days.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I'd feel way better if we had a second candidate, heh. I just don't buy that Marshy's statements are ****ing.

I realize I pushed for Jungle's lynch. But with the vote currently 4:1 / 13. I don't see a benefit in adding my vote to Jungle's count immediately.

Omis, you've still contributed little beyond demanding other people participate. "We have nothing to go by" isn't that helpful a reason to vote for Jungle. More than anyone else's, I see your posts as attempting to look "active" without putting yourself at risk.

Vote: Omis

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

Junglefever: Mr.Lombardi34, Macman, omis, tmw_redcell (4)

Omis: Scav (1)

Not Voting: Tom nom nom nom!, Marshy, Rockin, Yaya, junglefever, smashman, Eor (7)

Deadline is in one days.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Omis

This is a run-through of everything Omis has said since the start of the game.

And we are full.
"I'm active"

Either a vig or a sk.
"I'm active and know basic deduction"

I too was leaning towards an sk. Vigs, from what I have seen, dont often use their powers until later on while sks kill everynight.
A small contribution, I suppose

I'll help
Vote:Mediocre
Agreeing...

Do sks know the roles of everyone?
"I'm active and have a question"

So we can safely assume that the sk was shooting in there dark and just hit gold.
"I am active and agree"

Lol, it cant be as bad as my first. Go read Tomafia 3. It can be sooo much worse.
"I'm active and am making improvement"

I dont think he would Evil Eye would pull a stunt like that.
Fair contribution.

I just looked up the show and even some of the dialoge is from the show.
However, this starts as the show finishes so some people could have changed alliances.
"I found info, but it could be old and not relevent"

At that point you begin to look at all the people that claimed the same character.
Fair enough.

Unvote:Mediocre
Takes back pointless vote.

I have researched my character and decided a name claim is not a good idea atm. Evil added some plot for my character that occurs after the series finally that changes their alliance.
"I disagree with a nameclaim since my character is different in the game"

I read manuals before I start things so I dont make stupid mistakes that might harm me. I expect you to do the same.
Fair

Vote Scav
His only post was a joke vote and besides Jungle, whom I am also learning towards voting for, he is the only person who is a little bit suspicious.
I suppose it's fair...

First things first
Unvote Scav
Now that you are active my vote means nothing.

My voted for Mediocre and you were the typical activity drawing votes. Standard stuff there.
I do feel suspicious about Jungle though. However, my voting for him will be on the deadline basis. I would not normally go off of something so small but we dont have much of a choice. Lombardi makes some good points too.
Vote Junglefever
"What Lombardi said" Fair enough.

I agree that Omis is also a bit suspicious, but not any more so than Jungle. He has made small enough contributions, although he certainly has been doing what Scav is describing. Definitely a suspect, but with 3 votes already on Jungle and the Deadline nearly here, there is no way we will Lynch Omis in time. If we want a lynch, our only hope is Junglefever.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Works for me. Though I think phrasing it as "our only hope" is misrepresenting the situation. If we want to lynch someone first round, which I believe we do, then Jungle is the best candidate. We can move forward from there.

Unvote: Omis

Vote: Junglefever

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

Junglefever: Mr.Lombardi34, Macman, omis, tmw_redcell, Scav (5)

Not Voting: Tom nom nom nom!, Marshy, Rockin, Yaya, junglefever, smashman, Eor (7)

Deadline is in one day.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Strangely, I don't see Junglefever making an attempt to defend himself. He doesn't have much time...><;;

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Some of you may be familiar with the incredible john given by Stratford in Tomafia 3. I also have a long long list of johns as why i haven't had time to post in this thread. I spent all day Saturday driving back from my gf house (7 hours). While at her place for a week, i got sick from playing with her 3 year old nephew. Since then, I have been kept quarantined to my bed, and haven't had the strength to get to the computer downstairs. I'm still sick but I remembered the lynch deadline is tomorrow, and I am surprised the rest of you haven't off'd me yet.

As for the defense of myself, I know I made a few mistakes early on in the game. I know I neglected to go back a page and read the difference between an SK and a vig, and my question about the nameclaim I think was misconstrued as a noob question, but I've only played mafia on SWF one other time, where we've never had a name claim, and all i wanted to know was how a name claim could benefit us in finding the mafia. I'm not trying to use the 'i'm a noob' argument to cover for my mistakes, but nonetheless it is true, that i am fairly new to Mafia on SWF. But you should all look at my mistakes for what they are, simple mistakes.

I feel like I've actually contributed constructively to conversation, even if I have made a few mistakes. People I feel that have been missing from such constructive debate are macman and omnis? Lombardi gave all of omnis? posts, and none of them have helped us move in any sort of way. macman has made two posts: one about voting for me because of my "ignorance", and another asking about <3 very early

Now it seems consensus is to lynch me, so if this post doesn't stop that, I don't know how else I could defend myself. But Macman has never even been considered for lynch, with two posts in this many days? That seems much more suspicious to me than my stupid mistakes.

so i guess

Vote: Macman

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
also upon research, Macman has been alot more active in general in the Tomafia 3 than in this thread. Not just in amount of posts, but in quality of posts.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

Junglefever: Mr.Lombardi34, Macman, omis, tmw_redcell, Scav (5)

Macman: junglefever (1)

Not Voting: Tom nom nom nom!, Marshy, Rockin, Yaya, smashman, Eor (6)

Deadline is in twenty-four hours.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
In response to jungles post:

I usually only post when I have something to say or inquire about. I'm not the kind of person to reiterate what someone says. And in tomafia 3 I was more active because we had more information to go on.

All your posts so far have been you asking noob questions or you just agreeing with what someone else has already stated.

In my first post I was trying to initiate discussion, asking if there was a reason <3 was killed, to see if we could get any leads from that.
And my second post was basically accusing you of being scum, because of your lack of knowledge about the game even though you have just played in one and this may just be an act you are playing. You should have actually made sure you understood the rules to this game before you signed up, instead of holding the town back by making us waste time explaining to you how something works.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
In addition, my two posts were actually trying to get us somewhere whereas yours have just been holding us back or reiterating things people said already like (that no lynch is a bad idea on day 1, or that an independent's win condition is to outlive everyone). There was even a post you made saying "Here's what we know." while quoting who was killed last night. Posts like that do not benefit anyone and just seem like a way to say "i'm active".

Omis

my friends were skinny
This is a run-through of everything Omis has said since the start of the game.

"I'm active"

Just a confirming post

"I'm active and know basic deduction"

And what is wrong with pointing out what he didnt?

A small contribution, I suppose

Agreeing...

He had a good, if overused idea. I see no reason not to help him speed up the process

"I'm active and have a question"

"I am active and agree"
More like making sure everyone is on the same page as me

"I'm active and am making improvement"

I was trying to comfort Yaya

Fair contribution.

"I found info, but it could be old and not relevent"

I am confirming what Eor said and stating my opinon

Fair enough.

Takes back pointless vote.

Correct

"I disagree with a nameclaim since my character is different in the game"

Correct

Fair

Correct

I suppose it's fair...

Correct

"What Lombardi said" Fair enough.
Correct
I agree that Omis is also a bit suspicious, but not any more so than Jungle. He has made small enough contributions, although he certainly has been doing what Scav is describing. Definitely a suspect, but with 3 votes already on Jungle and the Deadline nearly here, there is no way we will Lynch Omis in time. If we want a lynch, our only hope is Junglefever.
Comments in sexy magenta
The problem I see with your reasoning is that you assume I only post to be active. The way you are writing implys that I can not provide input.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Hmm, I should probably offer more than just that.

It'd be helpful to hear from not-voters if they A) are unconvinced, b) think a no-lynch is a good idea, or c) too busy to make the deadline (:mad:).

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yea people who do not vote for anyone are basically voting for a no lynch, and we know how that isn't really a good idea.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
At the moment, yes, because 7 people have not voted. But if one more person votes for Jungle, then we have a 6-6 tie. If 2 people vote for someone besides Jungle, we have a 5-5 tie. And if two people vote for Jungle, then the not-voters are just conscientious objectors, rather than proponents of a no-lynch.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
There is a very small chance that this lynch is happening, since we need 2 more votes. Really guys, this is important, a No Lynch is a failure of a day. Imagine doing this again on day 2. We will have no more information than we started with, and we will have likely lost 2 more townies. We need this lynch badly.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm going to vote for Junglefeaver because it's more important that we lynch someone then a no-lynch, even if that lynch is wrong

Vote: Junglefeaver

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

Junglefever: Mr.Lombardi34, Macman, omis, tmw_redcell, Scav, Eor (6)

Not Voting: Tom nom nom nom!, Marshy, Rockin, Yaya, smashman (5)

Deadline is in six and a half hours.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Oh, I didn't know that if we didn't vote, it'd be a no lynch. I thought whoever had the highest votes would get lynched.

Personally, I wouldn't vote on someone that is new to the game/has a n00bish air. Only because it's their 1st/2nd time playing a game. It seems, however that everyone is pretty confident on Junglefever. So I'm gonna trust the majority of the vote and go with it, since the other two canidates I don't find enough need to vote.

Vote:Junglefever

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well, my browser saw fit to freeze and eat everything literally right as I was typing the period in "Day 1 begins.", so I apologize if this feels slapped together or recycled... because it is.

Day 1 Vote Count: (7/13 to lynch)

Junglefever: Mr.Lombardi34, Macman, omis, tmw_redcell, Scav, Eor, Rockin (7)

Not Voting: Tom nom nom nom!, Marshy, Yaya, smashman (4)

Hours of interrogation pass, but at one point, Tom notices a familiar grin peeking out at him from the shadows. Eyebrows raised quizzically, he began to mill his way towards the Grinner, who turns and begins to walk away, into the mainframe maze.

A chase ensues.

Just as the Grinner reaches an office window, he turns, intended to head down the adjacent corridor. At this moment, Tom crashes into him, shoulderfirst, and they are both thrown through the window. As bits of glass shower them, they tumble across the carpet, and a loud crackling is heard from the Grinner's neck.

Tom grimaces and rolls the young man over, peeling back his hood. His eyes flood with recognition.

Kyle Manks, an independent, has been lynched.

Tom's troupe hangs in the doorway, staring at the lifeless boy.

"He's just a... just a kid," offers one.

"Yeah," Tom nods. "We missed this time. But take my word for it, something about that kid wasn't right." He pauses as he brushes glass off of his pants and stands.

Night one begins.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
"Over here!"

"Christ, what now?" Tom shook his head, pushing his hair out of his weary eyes before leading the mob towards the sounds of the cries.

"What the hell is this?" offered one man in a suit. He cast aside several pieces of furniture piled against the door as Tom looked on, then headed inside when the room was cleared.

Hunched into the modesty panel was a large, bald man with an eagle tattoo and an arrow through the back of his head. He desperately clutched a revolver. When Tom pulled him out, he saw that he was dead. And once again, he knew the victim.

"Harry Corners..." (tmw_redcell, Resistance) Tom grimaced. "I'll be damned."

He stood and turned to the crowd.

"Hiding away does not solve this problem. We've got to work together here, and find these men that are killing us. And we've gotta do it NOW!"

Day 2 begins.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
While I'm pretty glad we found the the Serial Killer (Ironically the same person who didn't even know what a SK is lol), we lost another good guy, Redcell =/

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
where is everyone?
I think we should check in to make sure everyones active

smashman90

Smash Lord
Calm down man, Day 2 just started late at night yesterday. I have to say that we got lucky when we lynched Jungle and it turned out that he was an indpendent. But unfortunately we lost Redcell. I think the mafia picked Redcell because they wanted to keep us in the dark still. And I kinda got the feeling that it worked this time again.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Okay, we got lucky that the person we happened to lynch was actually indie. Now the mafia killed one of the best players, which makes perfect sense. I think that before applying any strategy here, we should wait for everybody to make a post and start from there. Maybe somebody has something useful to say, who knows?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
So before the game even started, the Mafia lost a member. During day one, we killed an independent. Sorry, I'm not that "aw man that SUCKS" that we lost Redcell. You rock, Redcell, and you will be missed, we'd be in better shape if you were alive. But I don't see why everyone's pretending to be all shocked that a townie died during the night :p

If anything, let's be thrilled that TWO townies didn't die. Regarding the SK vs Vig debate, it's down to:

1) Vig is alive, and took the advice to not risk killing anyone.
2) SK is alive, and didn't kill anyone in order to look either dead or Town.
3) SK is dead.

While we can't take it for granted thanks to the limited card flips, signs point to the latter. Kyle was at a place called Sperling Academy, where they brainwashed the students through subliminal messaging. Kyle was one of the students, and tried to take the whole plan over to create a perfect army of completely loyal soldiers. So, it's no surprise that he's independent, and would be no surprise if he were the serial killer.

What we SHOULD be wary of is EE's love of Nowhere Man and knack for storytelling. The school's brainwashed motto was "Unity, Commitment, Strength." Kyle probably isn't alone. If I had to guess, I would guess that there are 2 Mafia and 1 Independent left.

We have a lot of information right now. 'Tis interesting.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Serial Killers are most likely just lone Mafia's, right? Why would you think there could be more then one SK, Scav?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
It depends on how closely EE hews to the Nowhere Man story. If he sticks really close to it, then there would be another independent.

Of course, now that I think about it, that's probably a pretty moot point. Only one person died last night, rather than two. So, we can probably breathe easy on the Independent front.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
So, are people still against doing a name claim? I definitely think we should do one at some point, but perhaps it would be a bit too early, at the moment.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Still feel it's a bit too early, but I think on the 3rd day would be a good time, cause we'll have an idea as to what kind of Mafia's we're facing.

But now that you speak of a nameclaim, take a look at this.

I have researched my character and decided a name claim is not a good idea atm. Evil added some plot for my character that occurs after the series finally that changes their alliance.
I find this post pretty suspicious. It's like some kind of Mafia spy or something. I'm also starting to think Scav's two sk idea may not be too farfetched.

smashman90

Smash Lord
But now that you speak of a nameclaim, take a look at this.

I find this post pretty suspicious. It's like some kind of Mafia spy or something. I'm also starting to think Scav's two sk idea may not be too farfetched.

I said that earlier in the thread but everybody seemed to ignore me on omis's post and focused on Jungle instead. le sigh. V_V

Frankly, I kinda think it was ******** for somebody to mention it that early in the game when he was never accused of anything or even had any votes on him. I am very tempted to vote on omis for doing such a rediculous thing. It makes me think that he's trying to make himself look not mafia/independent.

Top Bottom