• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nowhere Mafia - The Ultimate Conspiracy Thriller - Game Over, Town wins!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Yeah, there's no need to pick a no lynch on a first day. It's worse for us cause it gives the possible SK a chance to get a knock at us. If there is a SK, we just need to hunt out and lynch, as well as finding Mafia (that should be our main concern, but getting rid of a serial killer is a bonus)

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm extremely mad I missed this because I worked all day/night everyday the past week.

Sign me up for a replacement I guess. =/

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
We need less people like Lombardi.
Well now, is that very nice? I'm sorry I wasn't online at the time Day 1 started, I'll try to cut down on unnecessary activities such as sleeping from now on.

Anyhow, I suppose I should post some actual content. First of all, any decent vigilante would abstain from killing on night 0. I am pretty convinced it was an SK, or some other strange independent role.

What we should do: Lynch someone. Seriously, that's the only good thing to do. Everybody just pick out of a hat or something and make a random vote. Once we see how people react, we can make an educated guess and lynch whoever acts most suspicious.

That said, Vote: Junglefever

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm here don't kill me

I'm against a no lynch as well, but dunno who to vote for right now so I'm waiting a bit.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Yeah, a no-lynch is bad idea. But I don't know who to vote yet. Nobody has really done anything suspicious (although we're still pretty early in this game, so it shouldn't be too much longer til somebody does something scummy).

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
No pe.

ILLEGAL EDIT: Neither do vigs. I don't think there's any role like that

Yaya

Smash Champion
Unvote: Marshy

Who do we go for then? Do we go for the inactives? I guess it's too early to start lynching people for that.

God, my first mafia game and I'm completely confused.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Unvote: Marshy

Who do we go for then? Do we go for the inactives? I guess it's too early to start lynching people for that.

God, my first mafia game and I'm completely confused.
Lol, it cant be as bad as my first. Go read Tomafia 3. It can be sooo much worse.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Nowhere mafia is based off of a TV show, an obscure TV show, with clear definied characters. It only lasted a season.

I have googled and looked for it, but I cannot find a character list. But when I search for specific characters, I can find something on them, and whether or not they belong to an "organization" or not.

Which makes me think that it's be a good idea to do a name claim. Of course, multiple people can claim the same person, and we won't be able to know who is who, but it can narrow down the list of people.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
has anyone played in a mafia game with <3 before? And if so, is he generally a bad or good player?

I just want to see if mafia had a reason for choosing <3 to kill or if it was just random.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Nowhere mafia is based off of a TV show, an obscure TV show, with clear definied characters. It only lasted a season.

I have googled and looked for it, but I cannot find a character list. But when I search for specific characters, I can find something on them, and whether or not they belong to an "organization" or not.

Which makes me think that it's be a good idea to do a name claim. Of course, multiple people can claim the same person, and we won't be able to know who is who, but it can narrow down the list of people.
I dont think he would Evil Eye would pull a stunt like that.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
has anyone played in a mafia game with <3 before? And if so, is he generally a bad or good player?

I just want to see if mafia had a reason for choosing <3 to kill or if it was just random.
He's generally a pretty good player. I figure they killed him because they figured he was good, but also because they figured he was obscure enough that it wouldn't really link the death to anyone.

I dont think he would Evil Eye would pull a stunt like that.
Every name I've seen so far as been from the show, as has almost every character in a show based on a franchise

Omis

my friends were skinny
I just looked up the show and even some of the dialoge is from the show.
However, this starts as the show finishes so some people could have changed alliances.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Some could, but those would have reasons. EE wouldn't flip a coin for everyone to see what alliance they're in

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
The difference between SKs and Vigilantes is that a vig is aligned with the town and the SK is independent. Usually this means that the SK has nothing to lose and kills every night, and the Vig is more hesitant and waits for a good lead before killing.

Now, I know some of you are confused about what to do on Day 1. I know we don't have any leads to go on, of course we don't! Nobody has done anything! But if we sit around waiting for a lead to be served to us with warm milk then we'll never make the deadline. People, specifically mafiats, will buckle under the pressure of votes. I think to start you should all just pick somebody randomly and vote for them. Then, when someone reacts suspiciously, we can put more votes on them.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
hey hey hey sorry i was traveling home today so i couldnt post

no lynch = bad idea, i'd rather take my chances..how many mafia members do we think we have? with 13 we could have 2 or 3...maybe four? i dunno i've never played with this many

so with the possibility of four members...i dunno lombardi's idea looks pretty good as of right now (maybe cuz he's the only one who's posted something close to an idea lol)

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Vote: Eor

Not using punctuation is a sign of a mafia who is being so careful with what he says that he misses the big picture. Plus, Eor usually gets targeted Night 1/0 and he wasn't because obviously he's in the mafia.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Vote: TMW_Redcell

For trying to force the town back into joke votes and therefore ignore my argument for nameclaims

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It could be, but it's an idea I want us to discuss

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I'm kinda hesitant on a name claim because some mods like to make good guys mafia and the other way around as to prevent name claims. I kinda doubt EE would do that but then there's the fact that we don't have the list of characters and by looking them up only after someone claims, we run the risk of not being able to find them.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm here guys; don't kill me yet.

No pe.

ILLEGAL EDIT: Neither do vigs. I don't think there's any role like that
In Human Body Mafia, I had a role called "The Brain" that knew the names of every town player, with a bunch more thrown in beside so that they could immediately identify a false roleclaim.

If there actually was a role that knew all the names or roles of the players with 100% accuracy, a nameclaim/roleclaim would spell instant death for the mafia. That's why any smart mod wouldn't include one of them in his game. Even with The Brain, I was worried that the role was too powerful.

I'm kinda hesitant on a name claim because some mods like to make good guys mafia and the other way around as to prevent name claims. I kinda doubt EE would do that but then there's the fact that we don't have the list of characters and by looking them up only after someone claims, we run the risk of not being able to find them.
Vote: Marshy

This is such a flimsy argument, I don't think Marshy would make it without some kind of ulterior motive behind it. At this point, a roleclaim is a very viable tactic for the town. To dismiss it with reasons like "the mod might have made bad guys town, even though he wouldn't have" and "we might not be able to find out information about somebody's claim and therefore we should ignore all the information we would get from a nameclaim" is very un-Marshylike.

I can see no good reason not to undertake a nameclaim at some point early on in this game, although perhaps not day one. For Marshy to flatly oppose a nameclaim with reasoning as weak as he gave means that something's up.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
wait can someone explain a nameclaim? i've never actually seen one happen :/...ima a nub arent i?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Constantly stating "I'm a noob" is a common mafia strategy to try and hide their actions behind, and to make people think the person is incapable of strategy.

A nameclaim is where you claim the name of the character you were given.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i figured that >.>

but what does it accomplish? couldn't somebody just lie? also...i have NEVER heard of this show...i just like playing mafia...so am i supposed to know the context in whcih these characters live in?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
By research, by googling. Almost no one has heard of the show. I've only heard of it because I'm friends with EE and he talked to me about it before, but I don't know the characters, but I gave explanations about how to do this before.

Lying couldn't benefit because if one could not find anything about the character then we realize the person lied. And if you "figured that", then why would you do it? what possible reason would you have?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
all i'm saying is that someone can say they are one character that would keep them out of consideration of the mafia...thats all.

are you asking why i would lie? or why i would nameclaim?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
all i'm saying is that someone can say they are one character that would keep them out of consideration of the mafia...thats all.

are you asking why i would lie? or why i would nameclaim?
I misinterpreted what you meant, I thought you meant "you figured" that saying you were a noob was a mafia trait.

Yes, someone could lie, that's expected. A name claim would not instantly win us the game. But like I already said, there is no massive list of characters. This was a small show with a single season, so even if someone finds one there is not a huge list of characters to chose from. So when we have several pairs of people choosing the same role, we instantly narrow down the list. It's not a guaranteed list, for all we know EE could of left out a certain character that someone picked, but it can only help us.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
ah...got it. thanks

hmmm...i'd be ok with a name claim then. i dont see why not? maybe not so smart on the first day...but it couldnt hurt...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
And since we're now discussing the nameclaim, Unvote: TMW

Top Bottom