• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nowhere Mafia - The Ultimate Conspiracy Thriller - Game Over, Town wins!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
mmm...dont they usually post their ability when they die? so i dont htink he was vigilante

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
oh...my bad

hmmm...why do you think he was the vigilante? is it just pure speculation?

Omis

my friends were skinny
I have researched my character and decided a name claim is not a good idea atm. Evil added some plot for my character that occurs after the series finally that changes their alliance.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
ok but isnt a vigilante not sided with anyone? so woulnt he be listed as vigilante.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Jungle you played in tomafia 3, and you were supposed to look at the beginner guide to mafia that was in the op. That and everyones been saying since the night was over that a serial killer is independent and a vig is town aligned.
Your lack of experience and/or ignorance is bothering and may be a ploy.

Vote: junglefever6478

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
LOL whut? i made a mistake...im confused as to how that means im somehow the mafia?

i know looking back that people have been saying that but i also missed 3 pages of crap because i was traveling all day today /johns

and LOL...when you get something new do you always read the manual? i figured i didnt need to read the beginner guide because i have played IRL...i just things confused for a second....

Omis

my friends were skinny
LOL whut? i made a mistake...im confused as to how that means im somehow the mafia?

i know looking back that people have been saying that but i also missed 3 pages of crap because i was traveling all day today /johns

and LOL...when you get something new do you always read the manual? i figured i didnt need to read the beginner guide because i have played IRL...i just things confused for a second....
I read manuals before I start things so I dont make stupid mistakes that might harm me. I expect you to do the same.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
ok ok you've made your point...i just got things mixed up for a second...oye. i dont know how to defend myself better than that.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Unfortunatly that's not good enough.

This is the only thing we have for information right now, might as well capitalize.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
unvote

I'm against a mass roleclaim on Day 1, but I'm not against it later in the game.

Before I vote for anyone, there must be more activity. At the moment, jungle has said some silly things, but that doesn't put him any closer to lynch in my book than Scav, tmw_redcell, Mr. Lombardi, Marshy, Rockin, or any of the others who have been minimally active.

@Yaya: You have the right idea, but we can't just lynch someone for speaking. We should capitalize on things that people say, but we can't do that if there are people not saying anything. Then we are just lynching those most active.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Vote Count: (7/13 to lynch)

Junglefever: Mr.Lombardi34, Macman, Yaya (3)

Eor: tmw_redcell (1)

Marshy: Medi (1)

Deadline is in five days.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
oye before i get ***** like i did in Tomafia 3 >.>...I'm going to state that I'm goign to be away from a computer all day, as I am going to a relative's house for a majority of the day.

I've said a good amount of stupid things, I know. I got confused about roles, I got attacked, made a bad analogy, and even more attacked. But I cannot stress the fact I was just confused/tired from driving for 8 hours earlier in the day /johns.

So I can see I guess how my stupidity can be turned to be thought as a ploy, but I agree with Tom that we need to see more activity from the other players before we make a decision.

See you guys later :)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
That's what I get for updating right when I wake up.

Should be fixed, let me know if anything's screwy.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Vote Scav
His only post was a joke vote and besides Jungle, whom I am also learning towards voting for, he is the only person who is a little bit suspicious.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Medi, I saw some potential problems with the nameclaim and voiced them. I can be swayed about it and want to hear more from people who've been quiet.

Tom did you mean you're against a nameclaim? I can't tell if you mixed up the nameclaim idea with a roleclaim.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

Eor: tmw_redcell (1)

Scav: Omis (1)

Deadline is in five days.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Marshy: a name claim brings both good and bad to the game. Assuming that the villains in the game (mafia, serial killer, anything else) are going to be the villains from the show, then it could help gives us some direction with our lynches, assuming that the mafia do not have good name claims. If they have good name claims, then the name claim could push us to lynch those players whose names are made ambiguous strictly to cause confusion for following the flavor. I don't have to tell you that when modding a themed game, there will be a handful of roles, "the monsters under the bed," which are town aligned with awful names. The Penguin or The Riddler are examples from Batmafia. We don't want to fall into lynching them on their names and not their vote patterns, distancing techniques, spotty opinions, etc.

Another drawback from a name claim is that, following themed flavor, the most powerful roles will be the protagonists from the show, Tom Veil included. Just as a name claim could give us something to work with, it could also give the mafia something to work with.

So it has its ups and downs. I'm especially concerned because we aren't given any sort of solid role when someone dies. Unless <3 was a plain vanilla townie and Crimson King was a plain mafia goon, then card flip information is limited. So I'm against it early in the game, but if we hit a snag later in the game then it might be something nice to do.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Hooray, I exist.

Tom, what's your opinion on a mass nameclaim as opposed to a mass roleclaim? It seems like a subtly different proposition. Yeah, some "roles" will still be somewhat obvious, but it would be harder to know which resistance is what, especially since we don't know EE's exact mindset. It might be a good way to get some information without giving TOO much up. I would support a nameclaim for now, but not a roleclaim.

Regarding SK vs Vig: I agree with Tom, discussing this beyond the basics is just a red herring for now. We have a group of people actively trying to kill us, and we have one person who MIGHT be trying to kill us on his own. The former is much more dangerous, and also something we can better pursue.

Random thought: I think it's interesting that <3 was killed by consensus, and that CK was killed by a lone decision. How active is <3 in decisive games? Is killing him a power decision, a la killing a power player night one? Or is he more of a neutral decision picked so that it doesn't cast any suspicion? I'm leading towards the latter.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I agree with Scav about trying to find the group of people who are trying to kill us...its easier, much more efficient, and..well, its how we win the game.

where the hell are tmw, rockin, and medi?
tmw only has a joke vote, rockin hasnt really expressed any sort of view on anything, though i guess medi made a decent post earlier upon my readings

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Ah, sorry, Tom, I apparently missed the last page. Granted, I haven't seen the show, so I'm not sure how many power roles would be "obvious." If the cast is such that only one (or maybe two) townie roles would be obvious, then that makes it easier to defend.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
tmw only has a joke vote, rockin hasnt really expressed any sort of view on anything, though i guess medi made a decent post earlier upon my readings
I'm here, and I'm reading. I just don't have a whole lot to say.

I tend to be fairly quiet on day one. There's not a whole lot to go on.

Medi, I saw some potential problems with the nameclaim and voiced them. I can be swayed about it and want to hear more from people who've been quiet.
Except your problems were not actually problems, which is why I voted for you.

You seemed to be arguing against nameclaims with reasons that aren't really reasonable. As such, I think you must have some other reasoning behind your reasons. In this case, I suspect that the reason for your reasons is because you're a mafiosa. That seems like the most reasonable reasoning to me, anyway.

Now, I think there are legitimate arguments against a day one nameclaim. I just don't think yours fit that category.

Unless you present some sort of further justification for your anti-nameclaim logic, or another even more suspicious target presents itself, my vote is sitting on you.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Unvote: Eor

As for a nameclaim I would do it. From what I can tell my character's role (or lack thereof) is basically straight from the series. He/she does not have a huge role in the series though, but I think a lot of our characters will be like that.

Also as for killing <3, I think <3 is seen as a good player but the mafia would think that a doctor would protect Eor or Marshy over <3 night 0.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Sorry I havn't been around for about a day or two. My little cousin took ahold of the computer for 2 days. But now he's off and I'm back

Jungle you played in tomafia 3, and you were supposed to look at the beginner guide to mafia that was in the op. That and everyones been saying since the night was over that a serial killer is independent and a vig is town aligned.
Your lack of experience and/or ignorance is bothering and may be a ploy.

Yes, he played in Tomafia 3 and yes, he has played Mafia before, but this is his 2nd time playing Mafia ONLINE. There are some differences between RL and Mafia. It's like...when you play the same game on different systems. Both have the same game, but they may have different playstyles. Some may not make much of a difference, while others can.

Even though, they are right about one thing Junglefever. You should look at a manual, no matter how similar the game is. There could be some key differences. Just a small warning.

Now, as said before, I feel that a name claim is too early. Mainly cause we just started and we have no idea to what kind of Mafias we may be dealing with, or the possibility that we have a SK or not. I feel that after a day or 2, we may have some sort (or more) as to what we should do and who are we up against.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

Deadline is in four days.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Unvote: junglefever6478

Hmm, a nameclaim could be advantageous to people like Eor, who are friends with Evil Eye.

I say we give it a couple more days to decide.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Chances are that we won't be getting a lynch in, guys. We haven't managed to get enough info to lead us on the right track. Not unless somebody does something incredibly scummy and it gets himself lynched. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the mafia doesn't attack somebody and try to leave us in the dark again and let the vig/sk handle the night killings to lead us off the right track.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

Junglefever: Mr.Lombardi34, Macman (2)

Deadline is in four days.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Is a no-lynch on day one EVER a good idea, regardless of how much information is available? It just gives the Mafia an extra turn to kill a valuable member with almost no repercussion. Then we're in the same "gosh golly we don't have any info to go by" state.

It's a bit different with the SK/Vig. But odds are almost certain that an SK will randomly kill a townie next. Losing 3 townies with a small vote record in return is a terrible trade.

I'll be voting before the deadline. Right now I think Junglefever is the best "bet" - which is what I go for on day 1. A bet. Judging by comments against him, he's acting inconsistent with his previous games, and he's willing to keep playing the "I'm new, I'm new" card.

To hurt my own point, though, we have enough veteran players that if Jungle plays inconsistently and makes mistakes, they'll notice. It's unlikely he'd get far as a Mafia member by saying "Whoops" a lot. It's possible that he's much more "watchable" than a more manipulative player.

Medi, I don't find Marshy's opposition as suspicious. His logic made sense to me. And the more I think about it, there's no need for us to make a gambit like a nameclaim first round, especially when we've already "killed" a Mafia. If the SK keeps thinning our ranks, then it becomes a more interesting idea.

I haven't seen Mr. Lombardi post much.

But again, I hate no-lynches. Waiting for someone to do something "incredibly scummy" means we sit around and do nothing.

Omis, you've been doing a lot of vote prodding. Is there someone you actually suspect, aside from being inactive?

smashman90

Smash Lord
I am not gonna vote on him just yet, but I do think that this is kinda suspicious:
I have researched my character and decided a name claim is not a good idea atm. Evil added some plot for my character that occurs after the series finally that changes their alliance.
I don't think any of us would reveal something like that, not this early anyways and only if they were on the verge of getting lynched. Any opinions?

Top Bottom