• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nowhere Mafia - The Ultimate Conspiracy Thriller - Game Over, Town wins!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

One photograph changed everything.

Who are They? What do They want? No one can say for sure, but photojournalist Thomas Veil stepped on their lust for power when he took this photograph. He traveled across the country on the run as he investigated Them, making many an ally... and many an enemy.

"Come on Veil, you're two moves from checkmate!"

So said the Director of the FBI, Robert Barton, just before he devoured a cyanide pill. Whoever this Organization is, it goes right up there.

But he had a lead. As Barton foamed at the mouth, Veil found that he'd slipped up -- Barton hadn't yet deleted his text messages. Sure enough, Veil was able to find Their main headquarters in the District of Columbia.

But he knew he couldn't go it alone, not this time. He made his sweep across the nation one last time, picking up old friends, anyone who had been destroyed by Them. Along the way, some independents may have followed him. This is it. This is the final Resistance.

However, it all went horribly wrong when they snuck into the headquarters. As they came around a hallway, Tom's best friend -- Larry Levy -- was struck in the temple by an arrow and perished. Quickly, Tom opened fire at the figure as it dashed around the corner.

The Resisters fled into a maze of servers and mainframes, no doubt the Organization's main information center. It would have to do, for now.

"Something's wrong," Tom proclaimed to his allies. "Someone talked. And we're gonna stay right here until we figure this out."

And then he stared up into the camera, knowing The Director was watching.

"Get ready. I'm coming for you, you son of a bitch!"

Win Scenarios

For the Resistance: Successfully lynch all Organization spies. So long as at least one member of the Resistance is alive and all the others are dead, this condition is fulfilled.

For the Organization: Successfully have the Resistance wiped out. So long as at least one member of the Organization is alive and all the others are dead, this condition is fulfilled.

How to Play:

This should be fairly obvious by now. You will talk in the thread, unless you are in a special group of some sort, in which case you are permitted to use AIM (I would like the logs). Each day, the Resistance will debate until it decides on one person to lynch. When a majority is reached, that person is lynched and the day ends. Then people with night abilities will send in their night actions, and they will be carried out, with their results taking effect on the next day.

To vote for someone in a lynch, simply bold your choice. For example, Vote: Eor.

Night actions are PMed to me.

If you want to unvote someone, do it the same way -- Unvote: Eor, for example. If you do not unvote someone and then vote for someone else, the second vote is void and the prior one is kept intact.

Rules:

1) Unless otherwise stated by your role, you are absolutely not allowed to talk to anyone about the game, regardless of if that person is dead or even not playing the game. A game of this nature requires strict secrecy. The sole exception, of course, is talking in the thread.

2) All votes must be in by the vote deadline. If a majority is not reached, the person with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie it will force a no lynch.

3) If your role PM doesn't explicitly state so, you do not have a night ability.

4) Absolutely no editing of posts allowed whatsoever.

5) No quoting of role PMs, including forgeries, and even if you are in a masonry or other cooperative group.

6) No posting at night.

7) Have fun!

Breaking of these rules can result in infractions and being barred from future mafia or adventure games.

Signups:

There are fifteen slots to begin. You may sign up via posting in this thread, AIM, or PM.

1 -
2 -
3 - Scav
4 -
5 - Marshy
6 -
7 -
8 - Yaya
9 - Mr.Lombardi34
10 -
11 - Macman
12 -
13 - smashman90
14 - Eor
15 -

Dead:

<3 - Resistance
Crimson King - Organization
junglefever - Independent
tmw_redcell - Reistance
Tommosaurux Rex - Organization
omis? - Resistance
Mediocre - Resistance
Rockin - Organization

Replacements:

Dark_Ermac

Yaya

Smash Champion
This'll be my first mafia game, but I've read through a lot, and I know how the game is played.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Five spots left. Tell your friends!

Also, make sure to post and say you got your role PM, so I can make sure I didn't forget anybody.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm glad to see you here, Yaya. Mafia games are the best.

edit: i got my role pm.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Tom walks about, pacing.

"Larry's dead. And I know some of you are responsible. We've got to sort this out. But in the meanwhile, we're gonna die if we don't get some supplies to hole up in here. They want us to kill each other or starve to death. At least the second one won't happen. Everybody raid this building for something useful and be back in two hours. If you're not... I'm coming for you."

Night 0 begins.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Still waiting on some night actions. Remember, even if you want to abstain, you have to PM me to say as much.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
When everybody reconvenes two hours later, there is a nasty surprise.

Lying suppine in the middle of the mainframe maze is Scott Jordon (<3), a Resister. Tom shakes his head and closes his eyes.

Scott appears to have been impaled by several arrows.

A few minutes later, you hear someone gasp. Tom leads everyone through the maze to a corner office.

In this office, a man lies in a grotesque pool of his own blood, slumped over a desk. It appears he was bludgeoned and then stabbed up to a dozen times. Tom flops him out of the chair and checks his ID.

Jim Hubbard (Crimson King), an Organization member has been murdered.

Tom cocks an eyebrow.

"Well then. That gives us something to talk about."

Day 1 Begins.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Vote: Smashman90

WE ALL KNOW TOM CAN'T EAT BACON DUE TO HIS HEART CONDITION!

DON'T DO IT TOM!

In all seriousness, I think we have a vig on our hands.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Either a vig or a sk.
My bet's on serial killer. I don't think a vigilante would do a random night 1 kill. Though there could be some weird roles going on. But EE did say there may be some independents. Since he did not list their win conditions, and the win conditions for each group is to destroy the other, I think an independent's win condition is just to survive until one team has been wiped out.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
usually when if its an independent, his/her goal is to outlive EVERYONE...so members from botht eams need to be wiped out

Omis

my friends were skinny
My bet's on serial killer. I don't think a vigilante would do a random night 1 kill. Though there could be some weird roles going on. But EE did say there may be some independents. Since he did not list their win conditions, and the win conditions for each group is to destroy the other, I think an independent's win condition is just to survive until one team has been wiped out.
I too was leaning towards an sk. Vigs, from what I have seen, dont often use their powers until later on while sks kill everynight.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Vigilante is a town aligned night killer, serial killer is an independent aligned night killer

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Only more nights and more information will tell us who caused the kill against the mafia, and it should be that way. If a serial killer did this, he killed night 0, and isn't going to stop. If a vigilante did this, then I would advise against further killings -- you did a great thing Night 0, but the odds are stacked against another mafia kill and right now we probably have a big numbers advantage.

That said,

unvote: Scav

vote: Mr. Lombadi

until he becomes active.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Well, our two main problems for today are if it's a vig or a sk, and who that person is.

We have nothing to go on today, and I don't want to risk losing 2 townies in the same day, possibly 3, if the vig decides to be stupid, or it's an sk.

I say No Lynch.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well, our two main problems for today are if it's a vig or a sk, and who that person is.

We have nothing to go on today, and I don't want to risk losing 2 townies in the same day, possibly 3, if the vig decides to be stupid, or it's an sk.

I say No Lynch.
Contrary to what you might want to think, our Day 1 should not be spent debating whether or not the kill against the mafia was done by a vigilante or a serial killer. The only way that we can figure that out is by letting more Days (and subsequently, Nights) go by.

However, we do not simply No Lynch and let the Days go by just because we have no information. We poke and we prod and we discuss things and we come to the best conclusion we can every day, and we always lynch unless it is mylo (mislynch and lose).

Besides our killing friend, the Day is all that we have. The only chances that we get to kill the mafia are during the Day, while they can kill us during the day and during the night. So we have to lynch. If the killer is an SK, then its even worse for us, but our best plan of action is to make debate, scum-hunt, vote, lynch, and repeat.

Be as active as possible. There is a stigma that just because you are active, you are going to get lynched, but I'm not going to let that happen, and neither will any of the other experienced players. We need activity to produce logic; we need everyone to rope everyone else into activity so that we can base our votes on patterns and not just empty conjecture. So if you think you want to say something, say it. We need activity.

Top Bottom