• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nowhere Mafia - The Ultimate Conspiracy Thriller - Game Over, Town wins!

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I too found that post to be a bit odd. He seems afraid of a name claim. On the subject of name claims... I think now might be a good time. It's day 2, the roster is smaller, and we're at a bit of a standstill. I'll see what you guys think, but I'd consider it as an option.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
We're not at a standstill >_< several people are suspicious of Omis, and we haven't talked at all about Redcell dying or the people already revealed.

We're way ahead considering 2/4 people who have died have been non-town.

For that reason, I'm skeptical of a name claim this early. I was tentatively for it last round, but especially since we don't have a full card flip, I don't see it as giving us as much information as good old fashioned discussion.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Okay.

I, for one, support the name claim, I seriously doubt EE would create some plot after the show to change alignments, though, it is advantageous to people who watched the show, or know about it through EE *CoughcoughEorcoughcough*

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Um, i don't see why he wouldn't add in plot changing elements to throw people off. Thats the kind of thing a GM does to specifically prevent name claims.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Deadline for votes has been set for Monday, January 19th.

I'll push it back to the friday of that week if I see some activity.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tonight we will hopefully find out if the serial killer is dead, or if the vigilante killed night 0 and didn't kill night 1.

Mr. Lombardi was pushing for an omis? lynch yesterday as everyone else was moving towards junglefever (for good reason, too, as we're pretty sure he ended up being the serial killer). Omis? has said some funny things, and I think he should be put up for them. I'm going to vote him, seeing as how we have no votes on the table at the moment, he is my opinion of who should go next, and it should spark discussion.

vote: omis?

I dont think he would Evil Eye would pull a stunt like that.
This was in response to multiple names in the same game. I don't know if there is more than one Tom or more than one anyone, but its possible looking at what happens in the show.

I just looked up the show and even some of the dialoge is from the show.
However, this starts as the show finishes so some people could have changed alliances.
I have researched my character and decided a name claim is not a good idea atm. Evil added some plot for my character that occurs after the series finally that changes their alliance.
Apparently you have a bad name claim?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Well Tom, I do agree with you, that right now, Omis is our best candidate for sure. This is a pretty big assumption, but his posts about the name claim simply scream "Mafia" to me. Omis is a very new player, and I feel like that's exactly the kind of scum tell we would get from one. For this reason I will also Vote: Omis. And guys, please start discussing things, there is a deadline, we need more activity, and most importantly, that's how we get information!

Things to discuss:

-Omis and his suspicious posting
-Name claiming
-Possible strategies/suspicions to look at

Come on guys, what happened to all that activity Day 1?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
While I would post, I would wait till everyone else has said their peice before I could say mine.

But for now, I will vote for him

Vote: Omis?

What kind of character do ya think he has to make up such a post?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Vote Count:

Omis?: Tommosaurus Rex, Mr.Lombardi34, Rockin (3)

Deadline in 22 hours, consideration for pushback under way.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm going for Omis?

I am not totally confident in this vote, but I feel that it is absolutely our best option at this point in time.

As others have pointed out, he guarded himself against the possibility of a nameclaim, when the prospect of a nameclaim was still only being discussed in very loose terms. That kind of defensiveness seems unnatural to me in a townie. That's the sort of thing an inexperienced mafiosa would be likely to try.

I'm not absolutely sure on Omis?, but I am sure he's the best option we've got right now.

Vote: Omis?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
While I'm concerned, once again, that everyone is in agreement on a single person, I do think Omis is a good candidate this round.

I'd at least like to see his response, though :/ consider my vote being for Omis, but I don't want someone to deliver a killing blow before he has a chance to post.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I'm not 100% sure on how to defend myself here. I was wary of a roleclaim because of the ambiguety of my role. They honestly could have fallen into two different categories. Y'all are accusing me of being presumptively defensive. I was doing that so that my opinion would be out there on the nameclaim to I would not have to put in my opinion at an bad time for me. To illustrate my point, I am willing to reveal whom my role is. Would you all like me to do that?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Also, if you don't think Omis is the best, don't god**** vote for him until the very very end.

Also, with all of this talk about role claiming? Let's just finally do it. I don't like how we're almost lynching someone based on his role when we don't know what it is and no one has told theirs.

I'll go first. I'm Karen Stoltz. I was with the organization before I fell in love with Tom and so I'm resistance.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I am DEIRDRE COTRERA. I was part of a Utopian renegade town which Tom joined. He "stirred up the pot" and was drugged and kicked out. If anything I thought my role would be that of a independant.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I am Dave Powers. I've had the Organization after me since the Gulf War, I don't even know what they are chasing me for now. That would make me resistance.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Umm, Omis... I looked at the URL for your picture, and it said Laura Larson....

Explain?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Laura Larson is a character from Star Treck that was played by Saxon Trainor, who also played his character in Nowhere man.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Vote: Smashman90

For not name claiming

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Vote Count:

Omis?: Tommosaurus Rex, Mr.Lombardi34, Rockin, Mediocre (4)

Eor: smashman90 (1)

smashman90: Eor (1)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i'm against name claiming, especially this early because I think it makes mafia boring, but oh well here goes.

Joseph Engler

I was the Organization's best agent, but when they completely abandoned me in a mission it became clear that they didn't value me, so I signed up for the resistance.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Vote Count:

Omis?: Tommosaurus Rex, Mr.Lombardi34, Rockin, Mediocre (4)

Eor: smashman90 (1)

smashman90: Eor, omis? (2)

smashman90

Smash Lord
Vote Smashman90
This is no time to be making petty jokes.
Lol @ you for voting on me for a crappy reason. I voted on Eor for being unintelligent on the way he voted for me, I just added that last part in just to be silly. Eor would normally vote on people for good reasons. He dropped the ball when he voted on me for saying that I wasn't supporting the name claim. But, I never said that I wasn't going to role-claim. Eor messed up there and Eor doesn't mess up often. Something is fishy about it, which is why I voted him. That and frankly I don't believe his claim. Character claims are ******** in this case because people are always gonna go, "Oh EE changed my character so that he/she is a townie" Hell, we might as well tell everybody what our night abilities are while we're at it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm voting for you because you refuse to name claim. I know you never agreed to it, and I don't care. Once everyone has claimed we can decide what to do

Omis

my friends were skinny
I don't believe it. Karen, Tom, get down here and start having sex with Karen for us to watch so that we can prove that Karen's not with the organization, that and I wanna make some movies. XD
Explain how this was constructive and not trying to subject dodge. Jokes are fine day 1 but day 2 when people are roleclaiming is not okay. That post had almost no purpose what-so-ever (definite sp).

@Lombardi
I noticed that your character is Doctor Moen. Does he have doctor abilities, or is it just a name? Feel free not to answer.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Lol @ you for voting on me for a crappy reason. I voted on Eor for being unintelligent on the way he voted for me, I just added that last part in just to be silly. Eor would normally vote on people for good reasons. He dropped the ball when he voted on me for saying that I wasn't supporting the name claim. But, I never said that I wasn't going to role-claim. Eor messed up there and Eor doesn't mess up often. Something is fishy about it, which is why I voted him. That and frankly I don't believe his claim. Character claims are ******** in this case because people are always gonna go, "Oh EE changed my character so that he/she is a townie" Hell, we might as well tell everybody what our night abilities are while we're at it.
i agree with him on the subjects of name claims, alot of the characters [based off the name claims] seem to have been altered, or atleast worked for the organization at some point in time [like eor mine and lombardis].

This is also why I am not quick to vote for omis? because he had a legitimate concern that he may be regarded as scum if he name claimed.

However I do think it is a little odd that he became so defensive before the suggestion was even seriously considered. Also I don't see why he would be worried about name claiming, since his character doesn't seem suspicious, at least not to me. So I do have some suspicions of him, but not enough that I think it warrants a vote or a lynch right now.

I think that since we already started name claiming, that everyone might as well go along with it and we can figure out what we should do from there. So smashman90 if I were you I would just go ahead and name claim.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Explain how this was constructive and not trying to subject dodge. Jokes are fine day 1 but day 2 when people are roleclaiming is not okay. That post had almost no purpose what-so-ever (definite sp).
It wasn't constructive and had no real purpose. It's called a joke and last I checked, people can still make jokes in days 2 and up. You're being too uptight. I didn't vote on Eor because of the joke, I voted on him because of his reasoning. You're voting on me for no reason whatsoever except that I made a joke. Which just kinda makes a bad reason and voting on people for bad reasoning can make you look scummy.

I'm voting for you because you refuse to name claim. I know you never agreed to it, and I don't care. Once everyone has claimed we can decide what to do
I haven't said no to the name claim but the more I think about it the crappier the idea seems. This only seems to help out the mafia. It allows them to easily character claim and do the "EE changed it so that my character is a townie" schtick. Plus, they get to know which characters we are, which allows them to assume which ability we have and to pick who their next target is. And there are plenty of other people who haven't claimed a character yet, but I don't see you voting on them. And you basically said "Name Claim...NAO" without everybody agreeing. I think we all should've agreed to this first before we started name claiming considering we have time to have discuss it now with the deadline extended. So now, you basically condemned all of the townies who did character claim because the mafia will probably figure out what abilities they have and decide who to kill. People, if you're against name claiming then don't name claim.

smashman90

Smash Lord
i agree with him on the subjects of name claims, alot of the characters [based off the name claims] seem to have been altered, or atleast worked for the organization at some point in time [like eor mine and lombardis].
Exactly. That's my point, they could easily say that and makes themselves look townie plus they get to know which characters we are and assume what abilities are which means we have a greater chance of losing a cop, doc, vig, etc. That's why I've been fighting so hard against this because I don't want people with the most valuable abilities revealing themselves and therefore, have a greater chance at getting night killed by the mafia. I want them to have a low chance of getting nightkilled. That way they can protect the town and kill off the remaining mafia.

However I do think it is a little odd that he became so defensive before the suggestion was even seriously considered. Also I don't see why he would be worried about name claiming, since his character doesn't seem suspicious, at least not to me. So I do have some suspicions of him, but not enough that I think it warrants a vote or a lynch right now.
Read what I said above. I didn't want the power roles revealing their characters and increasing their chances of getting nightkilled.

I think that since we already started name claiming, that everyone might as well go along with it and we can figure out what we should do from there. So smashman90 if I were you I would just go ahead and name claim.
I think it's a bad idea for the rest of us to reveal ourselves (I already explained why). We might as well try to protect any other power roles that haven't character claimed yet. And no I won't nameclaim. If everybody else does, then fine I'll do it. But since not everybody has revealed themselves yet then I'm sure as **** not going to. So until then I bid you adieu.

Top Bottom