• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nowhere Mafia - The Ultimate Conspiracy Thriller - Game Over, Town wins!

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Maybe the cop has daytime vigilante powers?
That would surely be the most broken role I've ever seen. The way a cop is balanced in the first place is that his knowledge does not help unless he claims. If a cop had vigilante powers, he would have no need to do so and then simply be an unstoppable town killing-all-knowing machine. That is almost impossibly unlikely.

Omis

my friends were skinny
That would surely be the most broken role I've ever seen. The way a cop is balanced in the first place is that his knowledge does not help unless he claims. If a cop had vigilante powers, he would have no need to do so and then simply be an unstoppable town killing-all-knowing machine. That is almost impossibly unlikely.
I guess I didnt think that one through.:ohwell:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Okay guys. I'm goign to start using the nameclaims to make the writing of updates more fun. Don't try to glean any information from the flavor contained herein, because as you should no doubt suspect, I'm not even prepared to acknowledge any claims. Hell, other than Tom Veil, I won't acknowledge the existence of any characters whatsoever ;)

And with that in mind...

The clack of a shotgun being pumped cuts through the air. Tom looks about, frantically, to find the source of the noise.

"Over here!" Veil and the rest sprint down the hallway to an office, where they see Robman. He points into the office.

"Emily, what's the matter with you?" Tom walks into the room, his hands up.

"She's one of THEM, Tom!" Emily grimaces, tightening her grip on the shotgun. "Don't come any closer."

At the window stands Deirdre Cotrera, hands at her sides. "She's going to kill me, Tom."

"Dee, don't say that. We can still work this out."

Dee smiles woefully. "Maybe the rest of you can change your opinion on a dime. The farm girl...?"

"Nope," Emily grunts.

BLAM!

The blast hits Dee hard in the torso and she is launched out the back window, falling many stories to meet the pavement. Distant screams are heard.

Deirdre Cotrera (omis?), Resistance, has been lynched.

Night two begins.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
"NOOO!"

Tom returns from his searches and drops a body on the ground. It has several arrows in its back, and Tom looks severely dismayed.

Gus Shepard (Mediocre), Resistance, has been killed.

Day Three begins.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Well that's a surprise. Medi? Why would they kill medi? That's just a stupid move

Yaya

Smash Champion
I honestly thought Eor was going to be the kill.

Could this be the work of inexperienced scum?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't think Smashman's idea is smart at all, but I planned to do this earlier.

To prove that me and Yaya are Town, I can confirm that we are in a masonry

smashman90

Smash Lord
I am the Watcher, I picked Scav as my target and it shows that he was targeted by Rockin. Seeing as Scav is still alive, I bet that Rockin not mafia and is probably the doc. So now we pretty much know 5 out of 8 people who are townies. That leaves Macman, Lombardi, and Marshy as our possible mafia members.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
in a masonry, if you recruit someone who isn't protown all of you die right?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
we did not agree on a role claim.
also, just because rockin targeted scav does not man scav is not mafia, unless docs now have the power to deduct if their target is pro town or not.
and smashman if you had a suspicion that rockin was the doc why would you give that information out to potentially be used by mafia.
also, why do you assume that rockin is a doc and not some other role like a cop or a roleblocker.

oh yea i think i was thinking about a cult, so theres no recruiting in a masonry all of you started the game in one?

Yaya

Smash Champion
Hmm.

I may unvote, since a roleclaim is a bad idea, considering we have 8 people still.

Don't you no lynch with a number like this?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I don't think Smashman's idea is smart at all, but I planned to do this earlier.

To prove that me and Yaya are Town, I can confirm that we are in a masonry
he said he didn't agree with roleclaiming, but he wanted to note that he was in a masonry.
I'm not roleclaiming unless the general consensus is for it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Don't roleclaim, roleclaim is silly.

HOWEVER, what's important is if someone has a role swapping role, and used it on Scav and Mediocre last night. If you did, that combined with Smashman would prove us with our mafia.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Don't roleclaim, roleclaim is silly.

HOWEVER, what's important is if someone has a role swapping role, and used it on Scav and Mediocre last night. If you did, that combined with Smashman would prove us with our mafia.
are you saying that rockin may be mafia and tried to kill scav, but a role swapper switched him with mediocre and mediocre died instead?

and I still want smashman to answer my questions.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Yes, I am. I figured Scav would die, or possibly me because I did go for Tom, or possibly Lombardi for having a character named "doc", but if someone targeted Scav then we need to know if that was mafia who got screwed over.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol so tom's title says godfather moderator, does that mean he was the godfather or is he just trying mindgame us even tho hes dead.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
before he said "double-vote moderator", i don't know of a game where he actually had two votes, but I don't think we should put much consideration into it

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Interesting. I'm alive :p

Here are some thoughts, assuming you are indeed a Watcher (thanks for targeting me, you rock.)

I know you're against a roleclaim, Eor, and I agree for anyone who hasn't revealed a role yet. I do think it's in our best interest for me to say what I know.

I'm a tracker. Each night I pick a person to follow, and I see whom they visited. Because I'm Thomas Veil (tm), EE gave me a 1/6 chance of seeing what action that person performed. But, even if that fails, I still know whom they visited.

Night one, I checked Rockin. No result. I'm assuming I was roleblocked.

Night two, I checked Mr. Lombardi. He didn't do anything. I'm assuming this means he's town.

Night three, I tried Rockin again. No result. So, it again looks like I was roleblocked.

I wonder. If Mediocre is a bodyguard, would he have been seen by Smashman's watch? The easiest scenario seems to be Rockin tried to kill me, but Mediocre used the Bodyguard ability and took my place. That would also mean that Rockin is a roleblocker.

I'm also irritated that Rockin let Omis die. This is partly my fault, since I thought we had a plurality rule. I could have voted someone else to force a tie. But that's risky, too.

I dunno. If Smashman is telling the truth, then I'm missing a piece of information somewhere. It would mean Rockin was the only person who did something to me, and my night action failed, and Mediocre died. I doubt there are two mafia left...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think there were probably 3 mafia and one independent, since the independent could night kill it'd be even against the town, if we didn't get mafia twice and the independent already. If there were four mafia then that'd be 1/3 of the players anti-town, which is pretty extreme.

If it only didn't work twice on Rockin, then maybe Rockin has an ability to void night actions on himself? Or maybe just investigative things

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
It's possible. I didn't want to say that possibility outright to see how Rockin defended himself.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so whats the difference between a tracker and a watcher?

and scav since smashman said rockin targeted you, and you didn't get a result maybe rockin roleblocked you.

I want to hear what rockin has to say, it should clear a few things up.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
A tracker follows someone to see who they visit. A watcher watches someone to see who visits them. A tracker can get a pretty good idea about one person, but a watcher has the potential to identify the entire Mafia if he catches 3-5 people visiting someone who dies.

Never mind the odd flavor that the Watcher watched me while Rockin visited me while I tracked Rockin but lost track of him :p

It's possible that Rockin roleblocked me and then killed Mediocre.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
This is not the time for a full role claim, no. Maybe a few individuals need to, but not the whole town.

Eor and Scav have described quite a few possibilities, but I just wanted to point out that Godfathers usually cannot be targeted by cops, and so possibly the same is true for trackers. I mean, I wouldn't suggest this if you failed to track him one night, but two different nights is kind of odd.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Well, apparently I got a second PM from EE today because he tried to send another pm to me last night and it caused an error and kinda fudged things up. It said that Mediocre had also targeted you. So I think that Medi was the bodyguard and he had saved you and Rockin is the last mafia man.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
At this point, I'm not sure the specifics matter.

Obviously, a lot of what we know is subject to shenanigans. For instance, Lombardi might have a role where he always appears to "not do anything" when tracked. Smashman might be lying. Eor and Yaya might be lying, but holy crap would that be the ballsiest play ever. We can address those individually.

Assuming those are true, though, here is what we know:

Not Mafia
Scav
Yaya
Lombardi
Eor
Smashman

Unsure
Marshy - hasn't been active. Did he vote at all during day 2?
Rockin - targeted me for something. Allowed Omis to die by not unvoting him. Had trouble getting his picture to work.
Macman - I... know nothing about you. Didn't Eor find something suspicious about Macman a few pages back?

People who voted for Omis
Scav - Eventually unvoted. I did pressure to lynch Omis, and it took Tom's death to convince me otherwise.
Lombardi - I *think* was the first to vote for Omis. Eventually unvoted.
Rockin - Voted, did not unvote.
Mediocre - Eventually unvoted. Now deceased.
Tom - Pressed for Omis' lynch. Died.

It seems to me that this vote comes down to either Smashman or Rockin. Either Smashman is lying about being the Watcher, or Rockin targeted me. Has anyone ever heard of a role that targets someone, AND is untrackable?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
That's reaaaaallly sketchy, Smashman >_<

But doesn't that cinch things either way? Either Rockin is Mafia, or Smashman is lying.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I have never heard of a role like that, no

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I agree smashman's post seems ridiculous, but I think we should lynch Rockin today because even if he's town, we have three days left until we've lost (assuming there's one mafia left, which I think is likely)

smashman90

Smash Lord
That's reaaaaallly sketchy, Smashman >_<
Ask EE after this game is over and he'll vouch for me. I'm gonna lol and be slightly pissed if I get lynched because of EE. :chuckle::mad:

But doesn't that cinch things either way? Either Rockin is Mafia, or Smashman is lying.
I can assure you that I am indeed the Watcher. Nobody has counteredclaimed me yet and if Rockin does do it, then he's only gonna get himself insta-lynched. Anywho, it's pretty obvious who I'm voting for...

Vote: Rockin

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I want to wait to hear what he says before I vote

Top Bottom