• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
from the look of it, it wasnt even worth gas money....

you can thank cyrain for this one XD

or his work to be more precise

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Yeah!! And you better be ready for Xykness to (hopefully) get through the first round! xD

Thanks for teaching me some stuff btw Joe; especially with Sheik :) Fun matches!

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Ahhh.. had tried to get a ride, but it failed... good luck at Pound 5 everyone! MooseEatsBear will be giving me updates. GO MD/VA/PA!!!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
There might be a richmond tournament at a nice venue sometime towards the end of March. I'll let you guys know when the date is. Probably last or next to last saturday of the month.

hot$

Smash Ace
I played mvc3 today for the first time. (It was with a controller , gamestop johns) but still was pretty cool.. thinking about getting it soon ;)

In other words, I am excited to play smash again whenever the next tourney is!

Pound has renewed my interest.

Dstr1ck

Smash Cadet
There might be a richmond tournament at a nice venue sometime towards the end of March. I'll let you guys know when the date is. Probably last or next to last saturday of the month.
Just curious whats the prospective venue?

Pound has also renewed my interest along with reminding me I'm terrible at this game.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The prospective venue would be fairly large but I would have to provide all the tvs. I don't have to pay for the venue, but all the venue money would be going to a fund to buy more tvs for the smash club at my college. This way, once we have enough money, I could charge more for tournament entry (increasing the pot) and not charge a venue fee. I would like to get like 10-15 tvs by the time of the 3rd tournament so that way I just have to tell people to bring cubes. This of course would be mad ****. It still needs to be approved by my university though... I'd also have to find a place to store said tvs. I also have to make sure that people at my university are interested.

I also want to start an intercollegiate smash league since radford and virginia tech seem to have decent scenes.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Sorry for the double post, but my browser doesn't load the edit button for some reason...

The venue is nice, ac/heating and is in a fairly easy to find place in richmond. Nearby parking is kinda pricey. It's possilbe to take a greyhound here and there's an airport too so I could host nationals even, if I get good enough at hosting and its approved by the university.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Oh by the way, Max, until I resolve a giant issue I can't hold Shell Shockeds. Therefore, those PR's may be on hold.

Wife

Smash Lord
I live in Crystal City, VA now and I really want to play Melee.

I have a great setup at my apartment or I'm happy to drive to you.

I'm still certainly good enough to practice against, but not good to enough to place. I'm looking to playing more often and get better again.

Peach is probably still my best competitive character but I have a fox/falco/sheik/marth good enough to practice against.

I'm never on the boards these days though so if anyone wants to play please please drop me a text at 410-707-2367.

I live in Crystal Towers Apartments, walking distance from the Pound V venue. Thanks!!

Dstr1ck

Smash Cadet
:crazy:
Yes I want to play you! Hope to see you around when I actually show up to Syphers. Or maybe you can come down if Sage's college gets its Shiz together.

So (mlg) legit

Also looking forward to playing Hot$ again and Xykness. Show me ya moves

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master

I'm still certainly good enough to practice against, but not good to enough to place. I'm looking to playing more often and get better again.

Peach is probably still my best competitive character but I have a fox/falco/sheik/marth good enough to practice against.

I'm never on the boards these days though so if anyone wants to play please please drop me a text at 410-707-2367.

I live in Crystal Towers Apartments, walking distance from the Pound V venue. Thanks!!
wow that's good to hear your in Crystal City :)
me & boss usually going to sypher's for melee like once a week/2weeks

Laijin

Smash Hero

We're playing more often. Thats for sure.

Top Bottom