• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North AL Presents: FAP! - Huntsville, AL. July 24-25 NOW WITH BRAWL+

Vts

Smash Champion
I don't even know what the handoff is, I thought it was the infinite bthrow like it is in Brawl but I was wrong. Someone care to explain?
it's almost an infinite but since u can't control nana its not on infinite

its basicly a chain grab since u can still mash out but its just little harder to escape (impossible if don't right), but its no an infinite since u must keep moving with it and nana is random and doesn't always throw the way u want as well timing is hard cus u must react of what nana does.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
YOu can infinite with the handoff on Ganon, DK, and Bowser. You don't have to move forward at all.

3 tilts is broken? What? The Ice Climbers are a broken character when you use 3 tilts per grab? Is that what the TO is suggesting? Implimenting a ruleset the likes of what J00t posted seems biased, unreasonable, and grossly uninformed.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
so.

I went on a rollercoaster of not going to going to basically no-chance-in-hell-to-go in a span of 'bout 30 minutes or so.

Awesome.

It's like, I don't even want to go and enter. I just want to go, maybe do some commentary, play some friendlies.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'm so excited to play Hungrybox holy ****.

Hopefully I don't get eliminated before that happens.

And yeah, never seen the handoff banned in Melee. TO's will disagree regarding the levels of bannedness regarding the tilt infinites but... yeah, it's always each one's particular call. I'm not really in the mood to create a controversy at this one, I just want to get some epic action against IHSB, PP, HBox, Chad, and... anybody else who is amazing that I forgot just now.

Of course ICs vs. Jiggs is epic, right? If I can somehow make those the finals, do you guys promise to watch me get *****? :D

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Wobbles you promised me you'd win.

Hungrybox thinks strongly that wobbling should be legal, and he would probably be...offended if you didn't play your character to it's full potential. I think you should certainly ask him if wobbling is okay as a players agreement if the TO does ban it.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
3 tilts is broken? What? The Ice Climbers are a broken character when you use 3 tilts per grab? Is that what the TO is suggesting? Implimenting a ruleset the likes of what J00t posted seems biased, unreasonable, and grossly uninformed.
Then don't come to the tournament? Oh, right.

Wobbles you promised me you'd win.

Hungrybox thinks strongly that wobbling should be legal, and he would probably be...offended if you didn't play your character to it's full potential. I think you should certainly ask him if wobbling is okay as a players agreement if the TO does ban it.
I want this to happen lol.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I'm not sure if hungrybox is going, he expressed interest and I've reminded him a few times about the tournament, but I don't know if he is. I can tell him about it one final time, hopefully him and some FL people can make it.

-j00t

And DJRome has informed me that PP is not going either. I took PP off the attendance list a while ago, so sorry if I have indirectly misled you, Wobbles.

j00t

Smash Champion
YOu can infinite with the handoff on Ganon, DK, and Bowser. You don't have to move forward at all.

It isn't even an official rule ****it, Wobbles wanted to know what he could get away with and I told him. Stop taking everything out of context. Did I say 3 tilts was broken? No.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The context was ruleset discussion.

You didn't say the words "3 tilts are broken" but you are planning on banning it.

Unless you are saying "3 tilts will set the venue on fire", you are banning 3 tilts because you think it is broken. Perhaps we ban things for other reasons now?

j00t

Smash Champion
The context was ruleset discussion.

You didn't say the words "3 tilts are broken" but you are planning on banning it.

Unless you are saying "3 tilts will set the venue on fire", you are banning 3 tilts because you think it is broken. Perhaps we ban things for other reasons now?
I was simply giving Wobbles and any other potential IC players here a break in case they accidentally started a wobble. If you want me to outright ban wobbling and DQ Wobbles from his match every time he starts a wobble, then I suggest we stop talking about this.

Vts

Smash Champion
Peef shut the **** up

-Chad
sorry peef gotta agree with them on this going to pull the "fake mod note" here.

lets not ague about what the TO does this is his tournament and he can do what he wants to w/o reason.

just like at your tournament you can delete the brackets if you want and start over and take back what you say if its 2 people or 4 people making it to bracket its your tournament.

let j00t run his own tournament.

thanks

also if you feel the reply is rude or you have a problem with it don't reply in the thread but please use the Forum Support and allow the mods to decide to take action, or message me asking me to change it.

any other reply to this issue will have me filing a complaint to the mods.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Wow peef try not being such a all the time

Also I'm trying to decide whether to drive up tomorrow afternoon or saturday morning

Also also sleepyk it's not charity we're paying you to **** us

p much just prostitution imo

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
No PP and probably no HBox, huh. This makes me more than just a little sad :( Oh well, tourney time is still fun time.

I desperately require Puff practice before APEX though... any Puffs up for some $5 3/5 MMs? :D

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Well, ****ing none of use anymore.... Our ride left early this morning for some reason.......

I'm beyond pissed off right now.
LOL wiggins the king of johns? SMYM, POE, FAP 100% confirmed the week before.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Your ride left... to go to the tournament by himself? Or what?
No, he left some time early this morning to go to his uncles house in Huntsville. Saying he called me and texted me. Which isn't the case.

It's all ****ing stupid and confusing..... He might show up at fap. But I doubt it. I was his only source of info on the tourney.

Also, Peef. SMYM and POE were my fault.

This has nothing to do with any of my planning. I planned for everyone to leave tomorrow. Tyler planned to leave today, apparently. Therefore, ****ing me and everyone else over.

So this situation isn't Johns. This situation is just ****ed up and stupid.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Not entirely sure yet; can you PM me your phone number? That way me and DoH will be able to reach you.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This has nothing to do with any of my planning. I planned for everyone to leave tomorrow. Tyler planned to leave today, apparently. Therefore, ****ing me and everyone else over.

So this situation isn't Johns. This situation is just ****ed up and stupid.
He just...left to go to the tournament without any of you?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
We will probably get there in about three hours. Pm me your number since I have the interwebs

Vts

Smash Champion
See you when you get here,

don't really have spare beds but ur welcome to sleep with me on my futon or the couch or my awesome memory foam bed topper.

but we can decide once u get here.

Ambix

Smash Ace
We will probably get there in about three hours. Pm me your number since I have the interwebs
I'm glad you're coming~

I haven't seen you since 2008 and I was worried there would be an imbalance between the gay peach mains and the fat white guy peach mains.

I've totally got the fat white guy end covered.

j00t

Smash Champion
Is there anyone coming to this that can bring some power strips? There are some setups where we can fit two TVs on one table, so some power strips would be beast, thanks.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone still teamless/interested in teaming with me? (I play Peach, and I'm alright I guess)

Edit: On second thought, nvm, just gonna save the monies for MMs :)

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I'm so excited to play Hungrybox holy ****.

Hopefully I don't get eliminated before that happens.

And yeah, never seen the handoff banned in Melee. TO's will disagree regarding the levels of bannedness regarding the tilt infinites but... yeah, it's always each one's particular call. I'm not really in the mood to create a controversy at this one, I just want to get some epic action against IHSB, PP, HBox, Chad, and... anybody else who is amazing that I forgot just now.

Of course ICs vs. Jiggs is epic, right? If I can somehow make those the finals, do you guys promise to watch me get *****? :D

:( how could you forget me

Top Bottom