• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
If you're not listening to Little Brother, Supastition, Apathy, Celph Titled, Louis Logic, One Be Lo, 7L & Esoteric, and Vakill, you're not listening to anything and everything rap has to offer.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I'm listening to Vakill right now. Lines like this will get you listening:

"So many Makaveli mini-mes in the game it's a ****in' outbreak of Smallpacs (Smallpox)"

Vakill = punchline king.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
rofl @ superrad

edit: mmm, nesquik chocolate milk at 2:51 am =) + vakill, jakki the mota mouth, camu tao, copywrite and breez evahflowin on one battle track

frotaz37

Smash Lord
The thing I don't get is....rapping is what? Saying words that rhyme really quickly. With a tiny bit of practice, nearly everyone on earth could mimic any rap song pretty accurately. And it's not like there's any pressure on your voice, since you aren't singing, you're mostly just talking.

So if you want to tell me that writing a song and making it flow with the beat takes talent, go for it. But "rapping" itself is pretty god **** simple and I don't think it deserves much praise.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
um, you do realize that rapping IS having a flow... IS keeping a beat... IS keeping cadence... IS following a rhyme scheme that isn't a set amount of words each line that still follows with the beat, is still on flow, and is still saying something.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
um, you do realize that rapping IS having a flow... IS keeping a beat... IS keeping cadence... IS following a rhyme scheme that isn't a set amount of words each line that still follows with the beat, is still on flow, and is still saying something.
Rapping itself is just memorization. Unless you're talking about freestyle rapping, which is a totally different thing.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
do you realize how hard it is to recite anything in rhythm, over a beat, steady voice, steady flow? try it. the breath control needed is phenomenal. on a pure physical basis it's quite difficult.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
it's a good thing rapping incorporates lyrics and the two can't really be separated, which kind of destroys your point.

even if your point was valid in and of itself, the statement is still incorrect.

i'm sure if you were given even half a verse, memorized it, and recited it to a beat, it would be laughably bad. then compare it to the finished product.... rofl. it'd be embarassing, wouldn't it?

frotaz37

Smash Lord
i'm sure if you were given even half a verse, memorized it, and recited it to a beat, it would be laughably bad. then compare it to the finished product.... rofl. it'd be embarassing, wouldn't it?
What the hell are you even basing this on?

Seriously man, you're impossible to argue with, cause you don't even make points, you just spew bull****.

To me, rapping is just memorization...and the amount of skill/talent it requires is way less than actual singing.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
... lmao @ how you construe my posts as not making points.

i'm sorry, you're just a tad bit slow. unfortunately i ain't holding no hands.

don't expect me to take you seriously btw, you're just a troll. i don't feed the trolls, i make them mad. umad?

jmic

Smash Ace
What the hell are you even basing this on?

Seriously man, you're impossible to argue with, cause you don't even make points, you just spew bull****.

To me, rapping is just memorization...and the amount of skill/talent it requires is way less than actual singing.
I'm an experienced singer and I've toyed around with rapping. It takes the same breath control and breath support as singing does. The only difference, really, is that pitch matters in singing and not in rapping.

I always get more of a workout rapping than singing, because it is truly harder to pick out your phrases to take breaths, and this windows to take breaths are usually a lot smaller in rapping than in singing.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Me? A troll? Um....are you really going to call somebody with under 1k posts who joined in Jun 2003 a troll? Are you really going to call somebody posting in the thread about a series of tournaments they have been attending for like 2 years... a troll?

Really?

Are you being serious?

I'm in awe.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
so you deny you were trolling in this thread just now?

okay.

the best part is proof of your trolling was proved in your post just now. DUCY?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Expressing it in such a way where you are only inviting negative responses = trolling.

Your post wasn't an informed opinion. It was a whimsical one-liner tossed out designed to get a response you were looking for, and that response could only be negative. I'm not stupid, and neither are you, and if you're not great at this game, don't bother playing it with me, because if you haven't noticed, I play it all the **** time.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
How am I only inviting negative response? "I disagree with anyone who says rapping takes talent" isn't inviting anything, it's simply saying what I think about the discussion. So what if I think rapping takes no talent? I'm pretty sure there have been a bunch of one liner posts about this, and mine isn't any different than those.

I pretty clearly stated that what I said was my opinion. "I disagree with anyone who says rapping requires talent" is a lot different than saying "Anyone who says rapping takes talent is wrong"

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
You're beyond naive if you think such a purposefully inflammatory statement -- not that you don't like rap, not that you don't think it's that respectful an art form, but that it lacks TALENT -- isn't trolling. If it's inadvertent, that's just a further indictment on yourself. I would really hope it was purposeful, like seriously. I give you more credit than that.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
It's just an opinion. If you're gonna get insulted by it, that's your choice. I'm not directing my opinion at anyone.

It's simple. I don't think rapping takes talent. To me, it's just dumbed down singing.

I'm not even insulting rap as a whole, I like some of it. It's just I really don't see how rapping takes talent.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
i dont really like rap
i like trance =)
Trance is like... the greatest music ever(my opinion)
but then again I listen to almost every genre of music out there
i really dont like country... but yeah... TRANCE = #!

Miztik

Smash Master
Wow of those last 5416545 (really like 5) pages thats the most ive ever seen Frotaz on here lol crazy

i think rap is awsome but nothin new rite now.....I like the older **** like Eazy-E, Ice Cube, 2pac..... stuff like that all the old skool west coast rap................

Top Bottom