• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Snike thats a greaaat idea! Smashfest, then tourny! (Smashfest will definately get less people coming, I probably won't come unless--)

Movements...its like, "You just got knee'd 3 timse in a row!" or, "thats some wonderful ken dashing" or, "YOU JUST WENT BEHIND ME AND FORWARD SMASHED!"

EDIT:

Myko, Danny, Tang, & I can't make it to OC2 because of school :(

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
LunInSpectra said:
Snike thats a greaaat idea! Smashfest, then tourny! (Smashfest will definately get less people coming, I probably won't come unless--)

Movements...its like, "You just got knee'd 3 timse in a row!" or, "thats some wonderful ken dashing" or, "YOU JUST WENT BEHIND ME AND FORWARD SMASHED!"

EDIT:

Myko, Danny, Tang, & I can't make it to OC2 because of school :(

Yeah Miis your fisrt week of school and all your classes gone. The way college works =\

I sent oyu a PM Lunin. Jerk.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
i think what he means is...when you are a beginner, you worry about what attacks you do. you need to learn to string your attacks together to be effective.

once you get the hang of those enough to be able to bring down a non good person without much effort, you need to learn self positioning and advanced techniques to make your combos work even better. at this level people are still worrying about themselves more than the opponent.

people who are, as lunin put it, "sub-pro" then they start worrying about their position relative to the opponent, and take their movements in to more consideration. they think about the possiblities that could happen at any given moment based on what the opponent is doing, and thus is a much more advanced mindset.

the pros, who worry about mindgames, not only worry about what their opponent is doing, they worry about what the opponent is GOING to do, and try to manipulate that. this is by far the most advanced mindset, and until you've mastered everything before that, you wont have an easy time doing this.

correct me if im wrong lunin, but that seems to be a more in depth explination of what you were talking about?

ok and now back to on topic, i'd love to try out a smashfest, especially if they are less than 5 dollars to play for the day or whatever. as was mentioned earlier, there isnt the stress invovled so it might actually be more fun!

meep FTA

Smash Journeyman
KILLA.FOR.CASH. said:
same here. i cant make it to OC2 either. i got school on those days.. heheh.. should i cut school? Naw.. education is more important =)
Fool! Smash is education! Just see at me. Me skip skool foor smash. I no need skkool.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
whiteboyninja said:
i think what he means is...when you are a beginner, you worry about what attacks you do. you need to learn to string your attacks together to be effective.

once you get the hang of those enough to be able to bring down a non good person without much effort, you need to learn self positioning and advanced techniques to make your combos work even better. at this level people are still worrying about themselves more than the opponent.

people who are, as lunin put it, "sub-pro" then they start worrying about their position relative to the opponent, and take their movements in to more consideration. they think about the possiblities that could happen at any given moment based on what the opponent is doing, and thus is a much more advanced mindset.

the pros, who worry about mindgames, not only worry about what their opponent is doing, they worry about what the opponent is GOING to do, and try to manipulate that. this is by far the most advanced mindset, and until you've mastered everything before that, you wont have an easy time doing this.

correct me if im wrong lunin, but that seems to be a more in depth explination of what you were talking about?

ok and now back to on topic, i'd love to try out a smashfest, especially if they are less than 5 dollars to play for the day or whatever. as was mentioned earlier, there isnt the stress invovled so it might actually be more fun!

Good job man.

Yeah...forgot about SS and possibly Kurtis

those not going to OC2 Because of college:

AznDanny
Nekurbis
Myko
Tang
SilentSpectre
Me

Snap

Smash Ace
LunInSpectra said:
Good job man.

Yeah...forgot about SS and possibly Kurtis

those not going to OC2 Because of college:

AznDanny
Nekurbis
Myko
Tang
SilentSpectre
Me
OH COME ON!

i just finished my first year of college last spring and it doesnt matter if you go to class. just skip it for 0c2 plz <3

EDIT:

about the smashfest/tourny/smashfest/tourny

well it sounds fun for the goers but i dont want to push mike666 here too hard. we gotta respect this guy.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Snap said:
OH COME ON!

i just finished my first year of college last spring and it doesnt matter if you go to class. just skip it for 0c2 plz <3

EDIT:

about the smashfest/tourny/smashfest/tourny

well it sounds fun for the goers but i dont want to push mike666 here too hard. we gotta respect this guy.
The thing is though, Myko or somebody said earlier that it would be their first week. IFyou dont show up the first day or two , you usually get dropped from the class. Unless they all talk to their professors or something.

sidefx

Smash Champion
nah, ive done that before, even if they do let you.. youre going to be WAY behind in class.. first weeks of school are the most important.. you get a feel of your class, your teacher, your surroundings..

if you come in a week late, youll feel very out of place, and kinda like an outsider..

and still.. education > smash. dont blow your school over for a tourny..

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Yeah it depends how full the class is. And yeah youre right, College covers a lot of material the first week of class, unlike high school where you spend the first week in your calc class going over what you learned in Trig/Pre-calc.

You start school crazy early though. SJSU starts like 2 weeks after... I think. But then you'll be laughing at us in May when you're out and we still have a month left of classes. =p

gundamboi

Smash Apprentice
falcomist here and the tourney was fun i mean seriously i got ISAI second round in singles it was fun playing him ^^.

Ian

Smash Ace
LunInSpectra said:
k

what was the deal w/ those guys that kept going "Silent Spectre is getting SCRAPED!!!" "Silent Spectre sucks!" were they like jeff's friends? I couldn't tell he seemed to be getting pretty pissed about it =o

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Huge congratulations to KillaforCRACK and BrothaRoar.

Good job The King. And oh yeah, Karthik will miss OC2 as well.

Bootleofwater

Smash Journeyman
Ian said:
k

what was the deal w/ those guys that kept going "Silent Spectre is getting SCRAPED!!!" "Silent Spectre sucks!" were they like jeff's friends? I couldn't tell he seemed to be getting pretty pissed about it =o

I know exactly who that was. That was my friend, the one heavyset guy who didn't play a single match. I think he honestly thinks he can beat SS with Mewtwo....

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Ian said:
k

PHD was playing that match and told me about it. Total disrespect for both him and SS. Even PHD got mad cause it was messing with SS's game. Guess it's good prepartion for the EC when it comes time to face them.

Bootleofwater

Smash Journeyman
I think you got it all wrong. I WASN'T saying anything. I actually though SS was pretty cool, and of course far better than me. My FRIEND thinks he can beat Specto, not me. This shouldn't turn into anything physical....over a game....

Ian

Smash Ace
well your friend should watch his mouth lol I'm sure pretty much everyone would back spectre insted of him and he doesn't look like he could take myko in a fight let alone 5 people. no offence to myko you were the first person that came to mind when I was thinking about hwo said they had his back...

btw I'm just playing - but really- it's a matter of respect he should show some respect stop talking or stop coming

Bootleofwater

Smash Journeyman
He will ALWAYS talk. Although, I've known him for some time....and I still can't tell if he is serious or not. Once again I though you all were cool. SS was cool, although I gave him like a 20 minute inerview of random questions.

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
Bootleofwater said:
I was the other guy who mained Marth. I talked to you for a bit and you asked me who I used. Next time why don't we have some Marth matches?
Ok!

And.. Uhh. I dunno who said that during his match... But I see me and SS friends... kind of... I say stuff like. SS is mean, ^__^ Maybe I've said he sucks. But I'm just jokeing, but I didn't say it during his match.

Bootleofwater

Smash Journeyman
Sky Hazuki said:
Ok!

And.. Uhh. I dunno who said that during his match... But I see me and SS friends... kind of... I say stuff like. SS is mean, ^__^ Maybe I've said he sucks. But I'm just jokeing, but I didn't say it during his match.

They're not talking about you. They're talking about my friend who continued to talk the entire tournament. He did sound pretty stupid saying he could beat SS when he didn't play a single match himself.

Next time Sky, Marth ditto!

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
Bootleofwater said:
They're not talking about you. They're talking about my friend who continued to talk the entire tournament. He did sound pretty stupid saying he could beat SS when he didn't play a single match himself.

Next time Sky, Marth ditto!
Yeah, Fine... Marth ditto. But Ask Zhu, I doo pretty well marth dittos.

Next time, Shadow, you're so going down.
And you Falconist.
^__^ Cant wait!

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
Bootleofwater said:
I think you got it all wrong. I WASN'T saying anything. I actually though SS was pretty cool, and of course far better than me. My FRIEND thinks he can beat Specto, not me. This shouldn't turn into anything physical....over a game....
lol noo i wasn't talking about you..i already know who you are..

and the only time i say he sucks is when it's..actually it's rare..maybe when it's against a noob match.

the rest of the time, i'm shouting GO VANESSA!!!!! WOOOO YOU GO GIRL! YEAHH

gg. ^^

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
Hahahahah I'm pretty sure Bootle isn't the one messing around with people, he's not like that.

It was that big dude asking me questions like, "You think you could beat SS?" or, "SS is weak isn't he?"

If this turns into anything physical than the smash community has gone stupid! As in truly stupid. Go play some east coast and watch them talk trash to you, everybody would cry.

Learn to take trash talking. Be a man. Do the right thing.

And myko what is up with Go Vanessa? Jeff has been saying that to me whenever something...basic happened.

I hate appointments so freaking early in the morning around this time of year *yawns*

gundamboi

Smash Apprentice
Sky Hazuki said:
Yeah, Fine... Marth ditto. But Ask Zhu, I doo pretty well marth dittos.

Next time, Shadow, you're so going down.
And you Falconist.
^__^ Cant wait!
get it right dude it falcomist.

Anyways yea i was listening to them talkin smack to SS those two guy sittin on couch being lazy and probably dont play smash or really bad at it. I think if they come back i might get angry cause when i was playing daniel, Bootle was playing lunin and ur friend were all screaming breaking my concentration on my tourney match. So id appreciate if u DIDNT YELL saying i didnt get 4 stock by lunin jeez. Also bootle same to u cause u were yelling with ur friends and it was very irritating when i was playing.

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
gundamboi said:
get it right dude it falcomist.

Anyways yea i was listening to them talkin smack to SS those two guy sittin on couch being lazy and probably dont play smash or really bad at it. I think if they come back i might get angry cause when i was playing daniel, Bootle was playing lunin and ur friend were all screaming breaking my concentration on my tourney match. So id appreciate if u DIDNT YELL saying i didnt get 4 stock by lunin jeez. Also bootle same to u cause u were yelling with ur friends and it was very irritating when i was playing.
Wow, thank you for correcting one letter...

MyKo

Smash Lord
LunInSpectra said:
And myko what is up with Go Vanessa? Jeff has been saying that to me whenever something...basic happened.

I hate appointments so freaking early in the morning around this time of year *yawns*
LO
LO
LOP
LOP
LOL..um..i think that's as many lols as i can do...because um..yeah..*stares around suspiciously*

go vanessa..hmm...that's our little inside joke. don't call him Spectre anymore, maybe Vanessa sounds better. LOL

yeah, appts in the morning = gg to your mind, you don't even know why you're probably going there until after the appt. LOL!!!

silentspectre

Smash Cadet
Bootleofwater said:
He will ALWAYS talk. Although, I've known him for some time....and I still can't tell if he is serious or not. Once again I though you all were cool. SS was cool, although I gave him like a 20 minute inerview of random questions.
Your friend wasn't being serious about my skill, everyone knows that. But obviously, your friend was being racist against Asians. How would I know that? Why else would he have been only trash talked about Ken, Bombsoldier, Lunin, and myself...for practically the whole biweekly? Also, in your "20 minute interview", why did you ask me if I would physically beat up Ken? I don't hate Ken at all, and neither should you if you've never met him. If this is because of Fanime, it's really not my problem if you couldn't beat me, especially if most of the time it was 3v1.

Bootleofwater said:
I know exactly who that was. That was my friend, the one heavyset guy who didn't play a single match. I think he honestly thinks he can beat SS with Mewtwo....
It's funny how your friend was too oblivious to acknowledge me in any sense, didn't even played the game at all, yet criticized almost everything I did. If he wanted to play me, he should have done so, especially when I challenged him. Just face it, your friend didn't want to play solely to avoid being "5 stocked in a 3 stock match" by me. There's really nothing else you can defend about him.

I don't take discrimination lightly. If your friend keeps that attitude towards me, or anyone in general, expect the same from me. I may be not in the mood to smash anymore, but I'd still "scrape" your friend in smash like I would to you.

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
silentspectre said:
Your friend wasn't being serious about my skill, everyone knows that. But obviously, your friend was being racist against Asians. How would I know that? Why else would he have been only trash talked about Ken, Bombsoldier, Lunin, and myself...for practically the whole biweekly? Also, in your "20 minute interview", why did you ask me if I would physically beat up Ken? I don't hate Ken at all, and neither should you if you've never met him. If this is because of Fanime, it's really not my problem if you couldn't beat me, especially if most of the time it was 3v1.

It's funny how your friend was too oblivious to acknowledge me in any sense, didn't even played the game at all, yet criticized almost everything I did. If he wanted to play me, he should have done so, especially when I challenged him. Just face it, your friend didn't want to play solely to avoid being "5 stocked in a 3 stock match" by me. There's really nothing else you can defend about him.

I don't take discrimination lightly. If your friend keeps that attitude towards me, or anyone in general, expect the same from me. I may be not in the mood to smash anymore, but I'd still "scrape" your friend in smash like I would to you.

Yeah, it was pretty bad at Fanime. When I Started playing, there were constant attacks on SS... :( But I tried to avoid that. Lol the funny thing is... He beat them every time, 3v1 or not. ^__^. But uhh, SS. Umm... You know that I'm just joking right? And uhh... like when I say stuff like. "Silent spectre sucks!" or like "You're mean." I'm just playing with ya. So if you want me to stop then I will. :) and I hope you don't hate me. I love you. <3

And next Time We meet, I have to play you... And I'm not going to get 4 stocked. :)

MyKo

Smash Lord
All of you. Just..leave him alone..you godam idiots. Stop it. That's final.

Few Requests:

Sky, Marth ditto ok.

BOOTLEOFWATER'S discriminating friend, play against my Falco. DO IT, GET READY FOR A RIDE

Gundamboi, a pure Falco ditto alright? Promise. i owe you.

Alaric [RAGE], let's do training. *TY FOR THAT Marth trick..i'll test it soon, i think i already can invision it..i thought of it before i slept lol*

AfroJustin, Mari and i have a surprise for you. *Mari, put that gameshark away*

Mike666? Additional fans please? I'll attend in 2 weeks i suppose.

Eh, i don't wana join anymore..i just want to hang out and laugh/somewhat play.

GG, tired @ school, leaving soon. Too bad no smashfest on my bday this time.

BTW LUNIN, if you move to SM..are visits allowed? [Challengers; ME!] ^^

gundamboi

Smash Apprentice
Sky Hazuki said:
Wow, thank you for correcting one letter...
well at least u know now and yes i did correct u for one later ^^. marth ditto next time cause my marth is always rdy for marth dittos.

SS on the other hand haha their RACIST lol ill agree to that also cause yea i heard talking about ken and SS and Bombsoldier it was just annoying all together.

Top Bottom