• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Who won

1st King
2nd Lunin
3rd Silent
4th FoxRoar (Sorry foxroar)
5th ....................................uh...............................................nvm I can't remember

Kurtis got better

Props to Mexican, work on that chaingrab

BootleOfWater -- lol nothing personal, if meep won your match I would have done it to him to. Jeff also did it to someone.

KFC work on your tech skill and you will freaking be one of the best foxes in norcal along zel/tang/bob/germ/isai/(if I'm forgetting you sorry)/me

TC1 chaingrab, chaingrab, chaingrab. You saw what I did to you? Its cus I chaingrabbed you like there was no more biweeklies

Kentu--I mean Souroush, Wow what happened? Lost it or something? You were 2x better at AznDanny's

BoBack: Hahahah I got my dollar back

King: You watch...I'm getting better.

Jeff: ...see what maplestory does to you?

BTZO: I was watching that cool stuff in teams. Dude, nice movement against Isai! Keep it up! No don't keep it up! Step it up! FOXROAR!!!!!

I've gone blank, I'll get to some more shoutouts tomorrow.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Ian said:
Lunin congrats on post #2000 whos that guy who puts $$$$ over his char? Kentucky or Soroush or somthing?
Lol yeh dats Supa Hyphy Souroush haha. Ok, I'm glad everything went smoothly, we stopped for an hour too, and we still finished by 8, gj on the brackets too Scamp. I'll do some shout-outs tomorrow, I need to be practicin too, hate juss playin Lv. 9's and ****...Oh yeah, congrats to King on 1st, too good, and Foxroar's Luigi is a beast, don't know how Rey pulled dat ****...haha aight i'm goin to sleep its 2:30 and I've only gotten like 5 hours of sleep since Friday :psycho: haha

sidefx

Smash Champion
lunin, i want your fox again.. it was too close. too bad you got your dollar back that i got from you the mm before it. =( i wanted that dollar =(

again! this time new characters. if you want. i want your falco though...

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
I walked in the clubroom and was like, "good job" haha. It's a mess.

But yeah I'm glad the biweeklies are back, so long as mike is still willing to do them. I wish I could still do them, but... I like money... and college haha.

Maybe I'll see you all at a biweekly. If not, OC2.

*and yeah the backpack is still there KFC*

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
mike666 said:
KFC - dont worry, your backpack with everything in it is in the club room, so no one will be able to take it. The next time you come to a biweekly, just look for me and I'll get it for you, okay?
I LOVE YOU DUDE. that backpack has alot of personal items and it even has my homework and an overdue essay that i can still turn in for some points.. thanks man i owe you.

and lunin... HAH! me one day becoming one of the best foxes in norcal?! your flattering me dude... seriously.

EDIT:: sooo.. whens the next biweekly?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
SuperRad said:
did Isai not go?
<_<
He was there, he just forfeited so he could play SSB64 more. I was able to take down one of his stock with my Pikachu in a 5-stock match, so I'm happy, chi ^_<

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
LunInSpectra said:
Who won

1st King
2nd Lunin
3rd Silent
4th FoxRoar (Sorry foxroar)
5th ....................................uh...............................................nvm I can't remember

Kurtis got better

Props to Mexican, work on that chaingrab

BootleOfWater -- lol nothing personal, if meep won your match I would have done it to him to. Jeff also did it to someone.

KFC work on your tech skill and you will freaking be one of the best foxes in norcal along zel/tang/bob/germ/isai/(if I'm forgetting you sorry)/me

TC1 chaingrab, chaingrab, chaingrab. You saw what I did to you? Its cus I chaingrabbed you like there was no more biweeklies

Kentu--I mean Souroush, Wow what happened? Lost it or something? You were 2x better at AznDanny's

BoBack: Hahahah I got my dollar back

King: You watch...I'm getting better.

Jeff: ...see what maplestory does to you?

BTZO: I was watching that cool stuff in teams. Dude, nice movement against Isai! Keep it up! No don't keep it up! Step it up! FOXROAR!!!!!

I've gone blank, I'll get to some more shoutouts tomorrow.
No shout outs for teh sky? :(

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
just gimmie a date and i'll show up. however if they start being every saturday i'll have to leave at 5ish because im supposed to be somewhere by 6 on saturdays. every other week its kinda OK if i dont show, but every week...i'd really have to be there sometimes. but if you host them every week i'll show! im kinda sorta improving!

mike666

Smash Apprentice
Results For 7/15:

Singles

1.King
2.Lunin
3.SilentSpectre
4.Foxroar
5. KFC
6. Isai
7. Tang
7. Souroush
9. Yen
9. ShadowBTZO
9. Clod
9. Falconist
13. Zhu
13. Nekurbis
13. Irish
13. Sky
17. Mexican
17. Valis
17. Xander
17. Meep
17. Boo
17. Rage
17. SideFX
17. TC1
25. Daniel
25. IceNinja
25. Frotaz
25. Phd
25. Bioalp43
25. Hydrokirby
25. Myko
25. Matt
25. Kaid
25. Hammertime
25. ProdigyKid
25. Park
25. Pink

Teams
1. Isai & Lunin
2. Tang & SilentSpectre
3. Foxroar 4 Shadow(Tristin & ShadowBTZO)
4. ARGHARGH(Frotaz & Justin)
5. 1314925(Kurtis & Myko)
5. We're Brothers(King & Irish)
7. Me and Boback(Clod & Boback)
7. Xander & Scamp
9. Mo****as(Boo & Phil)
9. The Venture Brothers(Mari & Yen)
9. Birdpig(Zhu & Falconist)
9. Air Forces(Mike & Souroush)
13. ProdigyKid & PHD
13. Fresh Meat(Kaid & Bioalp43)

Congrats to King on 1st in singles and Isai and Lunin on 1st in teams! I was a little disappointed some of you guys didnt have team names though, come on what happened to creative thinking???
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that came, I had lots of fun hosting and playing against different people.

mike666

Smash Apprentice
Snap said:
mike666 plz hold next tourny on 7/29/2006, NOT 7/22/2006 plz i love u thx <3
Snap, I never said I wouldn't host one on the 29th, that one will happen without a doubt. I've just been thinking what would happen if I had one for this upcoming saturday and the saturday after the 29th. I know you guys are tired of playing against comps and all that. But so far, only a couple people said they would come, and that's not enough for me to want to set it up. If more people post saying they will come for this saturday the 22nd, then I will do it. But so far I'm not convinced there will be a big enough showing.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
KILLA.FOR.CASH. said:
wtf, I GOT FIFTH! OMFG !! YES! I FEEL GODLY NOW. ROFL. SILENT,LUNIN,KING,AND ISAI HERE I COME!! HAHAHAH ROFL ROFL ROFL.. *gets shot*
LOL. Practice, work on your tech skill!

I just thought of something:

When you're a noob, you worry about combos
when you're a competitive smasher you worry about movements
when you're sub-pro you worry about possibilities
when you're a pro you worry about mind-games

Snap

Smash Ace
mike666 said:
Snap, I never said I wouldn't host one on the 29th, that one will happen without a doubt. I've just been thinking what would happen if I had one for this upcoming saturday and the saturday after the 29th. I know you guys are tired of playing against comps and all that. But so far, only a couple people said they would come, and that's not enough for me to want to set it up. If more people post saying they will come for this saturday the 22nd, then I will do it. But so far I'm not convinced there will be a big enough showing.
ah, i see. i wasn't sure what the deal was, like i didnt know if you were going to continue the biweeklies or not. but now that you say you'll have one on the 29th for sure, im very happy.

i can't make it on the 22nd because of stupid school, but by the 29th my class will be finished and i'll be a free man weeeeeeeeeee.

thx for hosting these mike666 <3

Edit: biweeklies' spelling

Edit:2

YOU GUYS OMG LOOK FAST BEFORE IT CHANGES:

ISAI HAS 666 POSTS LOL OMG

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
lol i had a good time...........so many friendlies, im over shoutouts.

i was so hungry, i started losing my concentration in those falco/jigglypuff vs young link friendlies against frotaz(hopes that correct) lol

you can except to see me at the next biweekly with my freshman shirt again, yeayeah 09', but im not a freshman anymore so i should change it up

PHD

Smash Apprentice
mike666 said:
I'll go next week if it happens.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol congrats to the placers, especially to my friend kfc. **** man, you're getting good. this saturday will be good ;D

yo FTA: the whole modesto team's probably not gonna be there this saturday... but there's a way we can still crew battle! if we do a 5-man crew battle... how about...

FTA vs 5 choknaters? ROFL

oh and also: wtf happened to isai? below 1st = illegitimate :D!

sidefx

Smash Champion
if you held one next saturday, i dont think many people would attend, and then if you held another the following saturday, perhaps some of the people who went to the 22nd one wouldnt attend the 29th one.. i know for a fact that most of the people from concord area wouldnt be attending the 22nd one, cause for one, me and king are in chicago on the 22nd, and the rest of concord usually depends on me or zoap for a ride to the biweeklies, and plus they might have work, but on the 29th more people would show up, cause they would be all hungry for some smashing. too much of one thing isnt a good thing anymore.

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
LunInSpectra said:
LOL. Practice, work on your tech skill!

I just thought of something:

Rey, that sounds hella correct.

BTW MIKE..

if you just do the NCWeeklies/Biweeklies every saturday or other..it doesn't matter man..hmm wow, you should see how many people wana go to this one? based on that, THEN HOST, if not, then the next week AFTER should be SET.

do this for every week unless votes are like..low? +_X

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
Why not do this :

For every week that there isn't a biweekly (as in the week after a biweekly) mike should host a smashfest to get people prepared for OC2 (since that's the goal) and just charge $1-$2 so you can earn money for the club as well and so not everybody has to take such a big hit to their wallet, how does that sound?

Btw, I usually have more fun at smashfests than tournies anyway, no stress involved.

Ian

Smash Ace
LunInSpectra said:
what do you mean worry about movements?

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
SNKE said:
Why not do this :

For every week that there isn't a biweekly (as in the week after a biweekly) mike should host a smashfest to get people prepared for OC2 (since that's the goal) and just charge $1-$2 so you can earn money for the club as well and so not everybody has to take such a big hit to their wallet, how does that sound?

Btw, I usually have more fun at smashfests than tournies anyway, no stress involved.
Yeah, it makes it more sense to do that, plus it'll be more competitive knowing it'll be another 2 weeks for a tournament, instead of people's mindset just being "well..uh..I can just not try and try next week". I'd like to have a smashfest inbetween, I need the practice and if I can get a ride I'll show up to as many as I can... :ohwell:

Top Bottom