• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
WOW WTF?!?! Yeah I remember that guy. Talked to him about going to raves and stuff... but wow thats just too crazy. R.I.P. Brian

EazyP

Smash Ace
Hey HouseofGaara, SuperRad and Miztik.

You guys remember that asian guy who played friendlies with us at Zhu's last tournament? The one with the long hair who played falco and ganon. I think he had a headband too.

I just found out that he died about a few weeks ago. His name was Brian and I knew him because he lived around my area. He was one of the first people who used to beat me that I was able to beat consistently after I started getting Falcomist training.

RIP. Brian. I know he played for the last 2 years or so and used to go to NCB. RIP man.

Pavo, I'm sure you knew him.
Blakmage, the guy who played Falco with Zac and them? I think he stopped playing smash seriously, I swear to god I saw him at PnT a few weeks ago

Terrible news

Miharu

Smash Hero
oh that late?

i thought it'd be earlier in afternoon or so

anyhow anyone free in afternoon or so? preferably a bit earlier

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
You guys, about Brian, he was pulling an all nighter when he OD'd.

._.

RIP Brian
Fudge. I am never pulling an all nighter with caffeine ever again.

I wikipedia'd:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine

In cases of extreme overdose, death can result. The median lethal dose (LD50) given orally, is 192 milligrams per kilogram in rats.[2] The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on weight and individual sensitivity and estimated to be about 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass, roughly 80 to 100 cups of coffee for an average adult taken within a limited time frame that is dependent on half-life. Though achieving lethal dose with caffeine would be exceptionally difficult with regular coffee, there have been reported deaths from overdosing on caffeine pills, with serious symptoms of overdose requiring hospitalization occurring from as little as 2 grams of caffeine.[77][78][79][80] Death typically occurs due to ventricular fibrillation brought about by effects of caffeine on the cardiovascular system.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Ugh.

I'm not worried about ODing on caffeine because im sure the amount required to knock out my fat *** is astronomically high, but still that's scary as ****.

I'm glad I've stopped drinking energy drinks [and sodas] for the most part.

pockyD

Smash Legend
all nighters are dumb anyway

if you're working on something, then you won't need caffeine; the adrenaline provided by THE FEAR should be enough to keep you up

if you're studying, you're better off just sleeping

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Yeah that is too bad man.

R.I.P BlackMage you were one of the first people I played in tournament and a really great guy.

Whether he knew it or not he was always remembered by everybody.

Also I know its confusing but I'm Ky

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
There's too much love in the thread titles...
The Curious Case of Choknater:

Daisy: "You have so little posts"
Choknater: "Only on the outside"

----

Choknater: "What if I told you that instead of gettin' more posts, I was gettin' less than everybody else?"

----

Choknater: "Momma? Momma? Some days, I feel different than the day before."
Queenie: "Everyone feels different about themselves one way or another, but we all goin' the same way."

----

Choknater: "My name is Choknater, and I was born under unusual circumstances. While everyone else was gettin' more posts', I was gettin' less... all alone."

Celph

Smash Journeyman
If I (P) go to NorCal, who will money match me?

I want to go but I need money matches to help fund my trip.

Tofu and I will also take teams money matches.

Anything from $3 and up. No, sorry, I won't do any mms less than $3.

My money match rules are as follows: 2/3, neutrals only, one ban and one reset.

For teams, counterpicks will be allowed, and it will be 3/5.

If you want counterpicks allowed on neutrals, then it's just a straight up money match, not a character vs character money match (thanks Pocky).

So I far I think Ky mentioned he'd money match me. And Boback owes me two with his ICs, one with my Sheik and Marth apiece. Was it $10 or $5 apiece? I'm down to do $10 a piece or, honestly, any dollar value.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't think i forced your character, did I?

anyways i'll do another generic MM with you; $5, anything goes

and once again, won't do it until after i'm out of the tournament

Naota21t

Smash Champion
playing ppl you haven't played in a while + ppl you've never met before that know their NORCAL hype is hella fun.

massive amounts of **** talk. a couple of "where u @?'s". and a few "who is this doing this" thrown around.

good stuff.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
ahh yes. we had like one of those.

it was bull**** cuz it was 2v2 and it was this peach against my fox as the last 2. and i was like, "oh **** this i gotta get up" since i was sitting down. so i pause to get outta my seat, but i didn't look at the peach. and apparantly right before i paused, she pulled out a bomb. so i didn't even see it and i got killed. it was dumbbbbb.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
blarg
i got monster rancher 2 to work
but now i have to wait a really long time to get a bunch of ISO's to generate monsters -______-
brave fencer musashi will take like 10 minutes by itself

Top Bottom