• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
He actually just plays Doc like he plays Mario.

He doesnt like camping, and hes really impatient, but he can combo, and thats all he'll go for. He oftens gets **** for not finishing something when he could have.
why on earth would you be trying to make a legitimate statement when that's clearly not what he was asking for?
hahaha

sidefx

Smash Champion
He actually just plays Doc like he plays Mario.

He doesnt like camping, and hes really impatient, but he can combo, and thats all he'll go for. He oftens gets **** for not finishing something when he could have.
maybe i havent seen him play enough, but the time i was watching him play at the wcsl tourny i didnt see any combos.. just accuracy of hits.. ill give him that.. he knows how to space and hit when it counts.. but i dont see any combos..

maybe im just a bit biased and dont count 2384029348 upairs in a row a combo considering what ive seen is possible from watching bobby...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
why do you guys call it a kobe.. thats socal's ****

doc's fair in norcal has always been called the Carter
i just called it that in honer of homemadebrandon.
i've never referred to it as anything but "doc's fair" lol

joeplicate

Smash Master
P you must have done crazy drugs to change your account to "Celph" and start using that avatar

I hope you're not going ayn rand on me sonny

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Anyone near sunnyvale want to smash tonight or tomorrow? I haven't been able to play melee for 2 weeks now and I'm having withdrawal. :D

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I usually say up-air, because oo-air sounds weird. But where might work.

Btw, I'm curious about your opinions:
Hitting grounded opponents with Fox's fastfalled uair: cool and flashy, or bad and scrubby?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
people i want to play if i hit my head and wake up at a tournament:

lunin, superrad, P, and sideFX
i probably have a different reason for each of them.
but yes... that's who i can think of right now.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
Hitting grounded opponents with Fox's fastfalled uair: cool and flashy, or bad and scrubby?
Neither. Very useful move, woefully underutilized. Foxes better learn how to uthrow uair so only the second part hits so they can't SDI it though, people are getting better and better at SDIing out of it consistently.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Neither. Very useful move, woefully underutilized. Foxes better learn how to uthrow uair so only the second part hits so they can't SDI it though, people are getting better and better at SDIing out of it consistently.
i know. god forbid fox loses one of the many things that make him a broken character.
isai is lurking somewhere
your sig is amazing.

malva00

Smash Master
so who wants to play some melee? i'm going to get a new gamecube controller soon so i can play melee with people. i guess u have to be good so u can make me better. playing for one day and then quitting is possible though

one of the reasons i'm not playing brawl is because i'm too lazy to unlock everything

and who wants to walk around 16 miles in fremont on saturday? I have PHIL so far

edit: nvm i quit already how do I unlock everything in brawl without doing anything?

SuperRad

Smash Master
so who wants to play some melee? i'm going to get a new gamecube controller soon so i can play melee with people. i guess u have to be good so u can make me better. playing for one day and then quitting is possible though

one of the reasons i'm not playing brawl is because i'm too lazy to unlock everything

and who wants to walk around 16 miles in fremont on saturday? I have PHIL so far

edit: nvm i quit already how do I unlock everything in brawl without doing anything?
you can't unlock everything without doing anything
because brawl/wii/nintendo is stupid
you have to beat subspace emissary
and then do more ****
i guess you could just trade your wii for someone's wii with a save file with everything unlocked
but that's gonna be weird or something

edit: after walking with phil go play melee with him
he's quite good

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
you can't unlock everything without doing anything
because brawl/wii/nintendo is stupid
you have to beat subspace emissary
and then do more ****
i guess you could just trade your wii for someone's wii with a save file with everything unlocked
but that's gonna be weird or something

edit: after walking with phil go play melee with him
he's quite good
I unlocked the characters in brawl the same day I got it by going on stamina mode, setting the computer to 1 HP with a poison flower on, making me win over and over real fast. After 600 matches or so, you should have unlocked & beaten all challenger characters.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
all characters are unlockable if you play enough matches.

i'll see about that walk. it depends if im going to practice melee that day for the davis tournament or not.

play phil, he's cool.

Top Bottom