• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
sorry to be mr. negative but anime is bad :(

cowboy bebop, outlaw star, yu yu hakusho, mobile suit gundam. those ****. but i'm really lazy and impatient and, mostly, really, really picky, and crap like FMF and bleach and stuff that has downtime and unfunny stuff drives me insane. i'd rather watch the rare good TV shows out there, not take a couple of hours to hope to get into an anime series where i hope i'm going to care about the characters.

even that anime movie that was supposed to be amazing, the one where like it's the two siblings, their mother dies, one dies of starvation, etc. someone knows what i'm talking about. firefly or something in it. yeah that one sucked too.

The___cheese

Smash Lord
You're just mad because when cartoon network showed cowboy bebop, they cut out the man another man was on.

Btw no Gunn for me, I gotta christmas shop.

malva00

Smash Master
Who would win in a fight Gunn or Gunderson?

You guys should watch Linda Linda Linda it's like a long slice of life anime episode but better if anyone wants to watch I can show u how

Gaara♥

Smash Master

cowboy bebop, outlaw star, yu yu hakusho, mobile suit gundam. those ****. but i'm really lazy and impatient and, mostly, really, really picky, and crap like FMF and bleach and stuff that has downtime and unfunny stuff drives me insane. i'd rather watch the rare good TV shows out there, not take a couple of hours to hope to get into an anime series where i hope i'm going to care about the characters.

even that anime movie that was supposed to be amazing, the one where like it's the two siblings, their mother dies, one dies of starvation, etc. someone knows what i'm talking about. firefly or something in it. yeah that one sucked too.
i think its called Grave of the Fireflies

darkatma

Smash Hero
Lol never heard of any of those names in Isai's post

Grave of the fireflies was sad. Does it even count as an anime? Anyways it was depressing
I personally loved Castle in the Sky by Hiyao Miyazaki. Great stuff

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I will give **** stand-alone anime movies a chance. I actually do kind of want to get into a really engaging, involving anime, because while I hate most anime, the anime I did like I ****ing LOVED and was some of the best stuff I've ever seen.

What is Castle in the Sky about?

malva00

Smash Master

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

HAHAHAHA FMF he is so crap at falco! right P?

anyways yeah any miyazaki movie is freakin amazing. castle in the sky, spirited away, princess mononoke, howl's moving castle, kiki's delivery service, nausicaa, and more. my neighbor totoro has a questionable story, but it's miyazaki's animation no less.

even if his stories carry a lot of motifs and some monotony and weird stuff... the animation itself... is freaking... brilliant...

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
do you like Jaken off inuyasha?

also GURREN LAGANN who the **** do you think we are???

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Ever consider that ad hominem attacks don't replace logic?

Go die, you're obviously not very good at life.
LOL AD HOMINEM GUYS.

I USED AN AD HOMINEM LOL **** HE'S RIGHT I SHOULD MAYBE GO DIE CAUSE I USED AN AD HOMINEM.

Thanks for pointing that out, I actually posted my response in an attempt to make a valid point, but since you have clearly defeated me with your vast knowledge of logical fallacies, I guess I will just recognize your intellectual superiority and not question your claim that anime is bad, since it is obviously based on a lot more than hasty generalization.

Obviously.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Obviously, with excerpts like:

cowboy bebop, outlaw star, yu yu hakusho, mobile suit gundam. those ****.
... downtime and unfunny stuff drives me insane.
... not take a couple of hours to hope to get into an anime series where i hope i'm going to care about the characters.
I've watched dozens of animes and a handful of anime movies, stop failing at life. LOLZ I INSULTED SUMTING U LIEK OBV I KNOW NUTHIN ABOUT IT

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Movies are bad.

Characters in smash are bad.

TV Shows are bad.

Football teams are bad.

Food is bad.

Don't you get how stupid it is to label a group of things "bad" just because not all things within the groups are good?

And really all this "stop failing at life" stuff just makes you look ********, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
"Just cause I say something doesn't mean you should take what I say as what I mean"
In what world do you live in in which statements are considered absolute? Even though nothing in the world is absolute?

Seriously, grow up. You're bad at this game, too LOLOLOLO DID I UPSET YOU.

Cry more noob.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
In what world do you live in in which statements are considered absolute? Even though nothing in the world is absolute?

Seriously, grow up. You're bad at this game, too LOLOLOLO DID I UPSET YOU.

Cry more noob.
How about you just admit that you said something stupid? You can say all you want but it doesn't change what you said, or the fact that you're trying to bull**** your way out of it with your "nothing in the world is absolute" crap. Basically you're saying that you can say whatever you want, without the burden of consequences or criticism, because nothing is absolute and things shouldn't be taken literally.

If you're going to say stupid things, don't get pissed when people call you out on it.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Wow, I can't tell if you are playing with me or you seriously think you are right. I hope it's the former because you couldn't be more incorrect. Stop trying to twist your own laughably heinous interpretation into an error of mine. Let's recap your ownage:

sorry to be mr. negative but anime is bad
Not only is your criticism of your quote inaccurate at its core -- you're essentially claiming nothing can be claimed "bad" if everything involved in it is not bad -- but you're calling me out on supposedly generalizing anime when I've more than given it a fair shot AND am more than willing to give it more and more shots to find a good anime ("I actually do kind of want to get into a really engaging, involving anime...").

And let's conveniently ignore your faulty assumption / interpretation of me claiming anime is bad because "not all things within the groups are good." Yet then what I scoff at that, you say "Just cause I say something doesn't mean you should take what I say as what I mean" sarcastically when I never even said what you're criticizing. That's called a strawman, sir.

The only productive thing I got out of this -- besides the entertainment of throwing your fallacious points around like rag doll physics -- was getting to see Isai's edit that hunter x hunter is made by the same people who did Yu Yu Hakusho =) <3

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Wow, I can't tell if you are playing with me or you seriously think you are right. I hope it's the former because you couldn't be more incorrect. Stop trying to twist your own laughably heinous interpretation into an error of mine. Let's recap your ownage:
Every time you say something like "Let's recap your ownage" it just makes you look STUPID. So stop, for your own sake.

Not only is your criticism of your quote inaccurate at its core -- you're essentially claiming nothing can be claimed "bad" if everything involved in it is not bad --
I never said that. "Involved in it" is not the same as being a part of it. You basically said. "Movies are bad. But this movie, this movie, and this movie are great." It's not hard to see why that makes no sense.

but you're calling me out on supposedly generalizing anime when I've more than given it a fair shot AND am more than willing to give it more and more shots to find a good anime ("I actually do kind of want to get into a really engaging, involving anime...").
That doesn't matter.

And let's conveniently ignore your faulty assumption / interpretation of me claiming anime is bad because "not all things within the groups are good." Yet then what I scoff at that, you say "Just cause I say something doesn't mean you should take what I say as what I mean" sarcastically when I never even said what you're criticizing. That's called a strawman, sir.
I'm not criticizing your position (or some made up position, as you're trying to say), so I don't see how you could possibly call it a strawman. I'm saying that if you like anime, don't say "anime is bad"...and if you don't like anime, don't list off anime you do like. Don't make generalizations about something when you put something that totally disproves your generalizations in the same post o_O

It's weird, I don't give a **** about what you think about anime, I just felt like randomly insulting you and seeing how dumb you would make yourself look throughout your responses.

You certainly didn't disappoint :rolleyes:

Top Bottom