• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

jmic

Smash Ace
OMFG **** YOU ZOAP

I was sitting and reading like 50 posts to catch up. I wanted the 12k post like a few hours ago, and I didn't even realize how close it was.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Someone teach me MvC2 and 3s. I heard that Smash has a lot higher learning curve than both of those (from a couple people who play both competitively), and those games just look cool when the characters do their attacks.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Someone teach me MvC2 and 3s. I heard that Smash has a lot higher learning curve than both of those (from a couple people who play both competitively), and those games just look cool when the characters do their attacks.
I tried learning MvC2 and 3S. 3S's learning curve doesn't seem too bad, but the one for MvC2 seems significantly more difficult than that of SSBM.

It could just be the fact that I've been playing SSBM for a while, though.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i can barely handle smash, and i barely do anything technical here, danm, it's cause i am white and just can't move my fingers that fast

SuperRad

Smash Master
so dawgs:
i started watching Cowboy Bebop on a recommendation from Sheridan (I don't watch any anime. At all.)
I've just finished the first two episodes. I wasn't really impressed, but I am going to keep watching it. Is it worth going all the way through?

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
so dawgs:
i started watching Cowboy Bebop on a recommendation from Sheridan (I don't watch any anime. At all.)
I've just finished the first two episodes. I wasn't really impressed, but I am going to keep watching it. Is it worth going all the way through?
More than worth it, it gets a lot better, trust.

Sheik will never win a tournament, unless fox/falco is banned. :)

rayecho

Smash Ace
so dawgs:
i would say its worth watching. its funny in some parts.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
so dawgs:
yezzir. watch it brotha you'll enjoy it. but if for some reason ya don't like it. try samuri champloo <~~ sh.t's raw as hell too; different styles, same producers. i believe bebop is jazz and champloo is hiphop. is that right yall?

Miharu

Smash Hero
so dawgs:
Watch some real anime.

/sarcasm

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
yezzir. watch it brotha you'll enjoy it. but if for some reason ya don't like it. try samuri champloo <~~ sh.t's raw as hell too; different styles, same producers. i believe bebop is jazz and champloo is hiphop. is that right yall?
i personally... disliked samurai champloo but enjoyed it at the same time... just to warn you guys, it has no... "real" or "meaningful" plot, just lots of nice side stories / fillers and nice fight scenes.

You guys remember the good ole days when sheik was top tier? lol. And falco was #4 i think
most people still agree that falco is #4. most people put marth / sheik / fox above falco, and i'd agree after playing them all lool.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
Thanks kizzo, zoap, btzo, prodigy kid, and sheridan all for hosting... You guys are truly the VIP of norcal and keep it running, without you guys, there would be no norcal.

so dawgs:
I only liked the very last episode. The movie had a cool fight scene also. For action animes... I enjoyed Trigun and Full Metal Alchemist more. Samurai Champloo was just ok... I've also heard ok things about Samurai 7.

My absolute fav anime is Hajime No Ippo followed by Initial D.

Best still going anime imo = One Piece > Pot > Naruto/Bleach

Best non-action anime (and only manga I've ever read) = Death Note

Best comedy anime = GTO and midori no hibi (only 2 I've watched)

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
I never did shout outs

no body remembers me though, oh well

tommy, I didn't talk to you, but I wish I would have worn my trench coat now!

SS: thank you for beating me senseless, and teaming with me like 12 times in friendlies, which made me feel better than I really am since we never lost. And also the all falcon free for all

Lun: before you left, you finally deemed me fit to play you in a friendly, and it only took 3 tournaments to do it.

d4dy: teaming with you was cool, we weren't too bad together

I don't really realy remember the people I hungout with. Who ever played Blokus or whatever that was called, that was cool, though it made me want to play tetris

I missed out on my baysian haircut again! ****!

anyone who actually remembers who the hell I was, thanks XD

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Best comedy anime = GTO and hidori no himi (only 2 I've watched)
"Midori no Hibi"

disturbing that i know this, but i do.

Random Fact: Nipah~ / Killer Lolis (me and falcomist's team names) were both inspired by Higurashi.

I believe chok said this somewhere in the thread, but the anime to watch is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Simply epic, i'm not sure what else to say.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4575

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
"Midori no Hibi"

disturbing that i know this, but i do.

Random Fact: Nipah~ / Killer Lolis (me and falcomist's team names) were both inspired by Higurashi.

I believe chok said this somewhere in the thread, but the anime to watch is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Simply epic, i'm not sure what else to say.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4575
Thanks zhu, I totally butchered that.

In other news... Blokus is now portable and on the PSP.
http://kotaku.com/335783/hands-on-with-blokus-portable

Top Bottom