• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
vans, that anime is so creepy sometimes. Seriously, I can't believe I watched that XD

I've watched every kind of anime you could think of, gurren lagann is one of the best, but if you have a preferred genre I can help you

Zoap

Smash Master
anime is garbage that is all. except for this anime of girls killin ppl, that sounds pretty good.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
I'm going to LA from this Saturday till Tuesday... Can any of you more traveled smashers tell me who to contact if I want to smash with people in the area? I'm not even sure where to start.

Sheridan? I heard you've been everywhere and know everybody lol.

Anyone help? would be great... thanks. Just a few LA smashers and then I'll start contacting them.

Zoap

Smash Master
That depends on the following Nemesis:

Can you travel aka do you have a car or would people have to come to you?
Do you want to go to a tournament that Sat or just play some casuals?
What days work best for you?

Answer me this and I'll find you someone.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Super Rad:

The first 2 eps of Bebop are mostly stand-alone. Bebop was orinigally like 12 eps, and then they made 14 more to make a complete season. I personally don't think there is a bad episode of Bebop though I do have my favorites. The first two are probably among the weaker episodes. There are too many favorites for me to name though. Ep 5 is probably one of the best in the series. I really think Bebop is the best anything ever so of course I'm gonna tell you to watch it all the way through, but if you don't like it past about episode 5-8 or so (ep 6 is kinda eh though), you probably won't like the rest (even though there are soooo many amazing eps after that). Also I definitely suggest watching it in English. It's quite possibly THE best dub job that's ever been done in anime. The soundtrack is amazing too, and there are an asston of references and homages throughout the series.

If you really still don't care for Bebop, I think you should give Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex a try too. Virtually every episode there's some deep issue to consider about the nature of science and humanity in the future.

Most underappreciated anime ever: Martian Successor Nadesico.

Bryant: Just talk to HugS. He knows everything ever about socal smash, and he's one of the coolest smashers out there.

Smashfest will probably happen in Novato between the 28th and the 5th. Any day work paricularly good, my friends?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
u guys should try
higurashi no naku koro ni
if u like cute little girls

who kill people
From that description (other than the name of the anime, of course) I was thinking Gunslinger Girl. I'm pretty much the only person I know that liked that anime. Everyone else complains it's too depressing, disturbing, or too much like Desperado to take seriously.

I almost didn't watch the series after seeing the first episode of Cowboy Bebop. I'm really glad I did, though. Best episodes are Mushroom Samba and Andy the Cowboy. Obviously I prefer comedy over action.

If you like Cowboy Bebop and you haven't seen Firefly, go get the only season of Firefly. It's not an anime, it's a show that was actually out on US TV! Live actors and everything. Gogogogogo!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow, vans you watch higurashi? that series is madness :D

Rika actually won SaiMoe, the internet poll tournament (much like GameFAQs' character battle) to see which anime girl is the cutest. I'd have to agree lol... Rika takes the cake.

anyways, i'm a fan of epic manliness and perserverence. my favorite anime is, without question, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

VANS

Smash Ace
yeaa higurashi isn't THAT disturbing. everyone should watch at least the first episode =)
man i gotta agree..rika IS the cutest, next to satoko's laugh

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Cowboy Bebop is just tons of awesome!
Other than mushroom Samba and the cowboy one, I liked toys in the attack!
for best comedy anime imma have to go with Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu

SuperRad

Smash Master
I spurred some major Anime discussion <_<

But yeah, I'm not entirely sure what I don't like about Cowboy Bebop so far. The overall style is really cool. The voice acting seems great (I'm told that it has quite possibly the best dub out of all anime). I guess I'm waiting for something with more of a strong underlying story, which it sounds like will start with 3 and on.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I spurred some major Anime discussion <_<

But yeah, I'm not entirely sure what I don't like about Cowboy Bebop so far. The overall style is really cool. The voice acting seems great (I'm told that it has quite possibly the best dub out of all anime). I guess I'm waiting for something with more of a strong underlying story, which it sounds like will start with 3 and on.
Don't ever ****ing watch dubbed anime. Did you ****ing hear me? No ****ing dubs. **** that. Oh, and one more thing. DON'T WATCH ANIME WITH DUBS. SUBTITILES ARE A LOT BETTER.

And I heard they're coming out with an Eva movie. But that's old news.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
PEOPLE AT TOURNEY

Sorry if MikeHaze was talking ****

usually im there to defend all his **** talking ( by me winning )

So forgive hom

MacD

Banned via Administration
there were/are only a few animes i saw that i liked/will watch if on tv

one is yu yu hakishu

and the other is something i can't remember that is on at like 5 in teh morning on adult swim, the guy with the sword that fights the demons and there is a girl and he has like a 1 in dude that goes along with him

edit: and i thnk there is one my cousin liked i watched, i think it was top gun, that wasn't too bad

darkatma

Smash Hero
DON'T WATCH ANIME WITH DUBS. SUBTITILES ARE A LOT BETTER.

And I heard they're coming out with an Eva movie. But that's old news.
WAIT! People didn't know that dubbed anime comes straight from hell?!
OBJECTION! Anyways you don't need subs if you're fluent in japanese.

I will pwn you tmrw, but do you know what time we're supposed to get to gunn? (both you and julian zhu are off AIM -_-)

edit:
I liked the first few episodes of yu yu hakusho [sic], but never watched the series.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
srsly when i watched gurren lagann it made all saga-type long length animes look like crap. it's hard to watch other stuff when every episode has freaking amazing animation quality. go gainax.

if i watch an anime now, it better have a d@mn good story, or else i won't watch it unless the animation is brilliant. hooray for miyazaki films and much more.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is some good lulz

Miharu

Smash Hero
there were/are only a few animes i saw that i liked/will watch if on tv

one is yu yu hakishu

and the other is something i can't remember that is on at like 5 in teh morning on adult swim, the guy with the sword that fights the demons and there is a girl and he has like a 1 in dude that goes along with him

edit: and i thnk there is one my cousin liked i watched, i think it was top gun, that wasn't too bad
Anything on adult swim doesn't count as anime either.

Tourney at Gunn starts at around 1-2.

Top Bottom