• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
Projectile is a very broad term.

Anyways, is teams pools also? how much is it for this biweekly for singles and teams?

I don't feel like going back 10 pages looking through all these interesting and fascinating posts.

Kawn, if you read this board... I know I saw you playing melty blood... but do you also play GGXXAC? cause if you do... You could help me with some stuff.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I think crews should definately be done, or even a norcal vs socal crew battle (i know socal doesn't have that many people coming though, so that might not be too good of an idea), or even a drafted crew battle, like 10 on 10

Zoap

Smash Master
Anyways, is teams pools also? how much is it for this biweekly for singles and teams?
Teams is $5 a piece as usual and it is just straight bracket. Singles is $10 due to it being a decent sized biweekly

If we have time for crews we may do some form of a 10vs10 draft crew maybe 15 vs 15 so more ppl can play. But only if we have time.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
If we have time for crews we may do some form of a 10vs10 draft crew maybe 15 vs 15 so more ppl can play. But only if we have time.
that'd be awesome. And for once, if we do draft crews, I'm actually pretty good, even though I use DK and i'm not ranked. :) (lol, thats a first)

DRGN

Technowizard
What does everybody think of me bringing Perfect Dark` 64? Anybody interested?

So why wouldn't Kirby's Final Cutter count as a projectile? It separates & extends far beyond him, and can be reflected. Would it not be considered one because it only follows after the other move, or just because it has crap range so it's not often useful as a projectile? (poor Kirby... :*( ) If Pikachu fires his shock attack along the ground it's still considered a projectile, isn't it?

Zoap

Smash Master
your day late dollar short on that discussion drgn lol.

If you bring it dont expect us to have a tv for you to use during tournament time.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
What does everybody think of me bringing Perfect Dark` 64? Anybody interested?

So why wouldn't Kirby's Final Cutter count as a projectile? It separates & extends far beyond him, and can be reflected. Would it not be considered one because it only follows after the other move, or just because it has crap range so it's not often useful as a projectile? (poor Kirby... :*( ) If Pikachu fires his shock attack along the ground it's still considered a projectile, isn't it?
Haha, well then that would bring about calling DK's down b a projectile, since its not part of his physical being that actually hits you and its not something he's carrying around like a sword. Would you consider DK's down b a projectile? It can't be reflected though. :confused:

DRGN

Technowizard
Hmm, well the idea of a projectile is something that moves, (of course usually through the air, but not necessarily). So I'd have to say no. Nice thought though.

lol, I used to jokingly say DK's neutral B was a projectile, that he 'throws' his knuckles right into the opponent's face. :laugh: (I probably thought of it because of how he winds up before a punch, haha.)

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Wow. Why are we talking about projectiles? I'd assume we'd all learned about the property of projectiles in say oh I dunno, The 7 YEARS that this game has been out.

Stfu please. That is all.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
peanut butter is the best cookie by far

followed by white chocolate macadamia

then snickerdoodle

but it is a proven fact that pie is the best desert ever

followed by ice cream

then brownies

and then cookies

FATTY HAS SPOKEN
I just happen to have a fat bag of White Chocolate Macadamias right in front of me made by my roommate's mom who is an EXTRAORDINARY cook. They are so flaky and delicious and sweet and just melt in your mouth.

They are good.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Apparently no proper definition of 'prjectile' has been decided upon if such a conversation is underway. Using Ness' ability to absorb is a pretty inaccurate way of determining it, as would be the ability to reflect since they both have limits on which projectiles they can be used against.

I just say the definition of a 'projectile' is simply one, or multiple hitboxes that exist separate from the character creating it and move in a direction (thus 'projected').

Edit
And don't think the above can be used to descibe Marth's sword. That does not technically separate from his body, nor does it 'project' in a given direction ... but his priority is almost so broken it practically is a projectile. Lol.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Apparently no proper definition of 'prjectile' has been decided upon if such a conversation is underway. Using Ness' ability to absorb is a pretty inaccurate way of determining it, as would be the ability to reflect since they both have limits on which projectiles they can be used against.

I just say the definition of a 'projectile' is simply one, or multiple hitboxes that extend and separate from the character creating it.
That's a good definition.

I also believe that no one should talk about projectiles after t!Mmy's post.

If you want to discuss projectiles as a definition go talk to alpha zealot in the Melee Discussion area.

With that said. t!MmY what time can I expect you guys over here?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Actually, I clarified my definition after realizing that Pichu/Pikachu's Thunder doesn't "extend" away, but starts from the extended distance in sort of a reverse order.

We'll probably be leaving in a few hrs, which would mean we'd be getting into Sac around six or so O'clock tonight.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
t0mmy and !'m coming for sure. One other Oregonian is theoretically coming too, but I don't see him in front of me. So unless he gets here before we leave (or at least calls to let us know if and when he'll be here) then that would be all the Smashers coming.

SuperRad

Smash Master
repost for important question:
Can I get a ride from you, Mr. Zalewski?

Again, I think I can get a ride if spots are full, but it would be a lot easier to go with you.

as of right now im assuming you cant drive me. which should be fine.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
how much time will there be before or during the tournament for some friendlies? I'll probably be out of the tournament pretty early, and I'm just wondering if I'll be able to play friendlies to get something out of the entry fee, or if I should just wait a few weeks, and come back after getting better.
If you come before the biweekly even starts, you can play as much as you want. I'll be there (I mean, I have to be), and I love playing people I don't play everyday.

so who from socal is still coming??
seems like ALOT of them are bailing
Even if none of SoCal shows up, it's still gonna be a bigass biweekly that's worth going to.

I'm bringing cookies but I can't guarantee I'll still have them by the time I get to san jose.
festizzio: Guarantee that you'll still have them by the time you get to San Jose or you're banned.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Important Post Plz Read Kizz + Zoap + Lunin

yo.

we're leaving soon.

mango + festizzio + lucky + tofu + Kira missed their bus.

so they're going to try to get on the bus at 2:30 pm, meaning they'll be at Diridion Station in SJ, at about 8:30.

if they don't make the bus, they will be driving to LunIns..

So there will be no need for Zoap to go at 1 pm, but we need to figure out what to do about mango and friends if they do happen to take the bus. Will lunin pick them up and take the train with them, since they don't know how?

Or will Kizzo house them?

Or will Zoap pick them up like a champ? (pun intended)

Stay tuned to find out!

(hey, but seriously, somebody call me at 2 45 pm, anybody, to find out what we're going to do about them [hi lunin], because it would really be good....)

- mike

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
yo.

we're leaving soon.

mango + festizzio + lucky + tofu + Kira missed their bus.

so they're going to try to get on the bus at 2:30 pm, meaning they'll be at Diridion Station in SJ, at about 8:30.

if they don't make the bus, they will be driving to LunIns..

So there will be no need for Zoap to go at 1 pm, but we need to figure out what to do about mango and friends if they do happen to take the bus. Will lunin pick them up and take the train with them, since they don't know how?

Or will Kizzo house them?

Or will Zoap pick them up like a champ? (pun intended)

Stay tuned to find out!

(hey, but seriously, somebody call me at 2 45 pm, anybody, to find out what we're going to do about them [hi lunin], because it would really be good....)

- mike
I can house anyone because I don't care who's at my place. I can't provide, like, anything though (blankets, pillows, food (except for small snacks)) so plan accordingly. I'll pm you my phone number and I will call you at 1445. Edit your post to take your number out of it, if you care about that kind of thing - I now have your number saved to my phone.

Miztik

Smash Master
Kizzo i want to younglink ditto you plzzzzz

chok said its really fun to play and i want to play you if not thats cool

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
GUYS:

BRING TV'S AND CUBES/WIIS

The venue itself has at most 8 TV's. We need more than this if we are going to run things efficiently. I'd like to get minimum of 12. PLEASE PM ME OR POST if you are going to bring a TV or cube FOR SURE so we know what we are dealing with beforehand.

I'm working on a take home final right now, I'll post the final rules later.

Top Bottom