• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
thanks vincent

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 18 seconds.

lol "18"

yes i double posted on purpose.

Zoap

Smash Master
As i said b4 i wont be there sat(unless i decide to go for friendlies or teams or something) so srry PK.

Also Chok congratz on 18, and as i also stated b4 its in Santa Clara not SF so make sure u got that stuff down lol(Registering online, not showing up till 6 pm etc) also remember its single elim dont *** around.

To KFC, you may continue your sexual activity with Andre, its not any less illegal now, but if you get caught he is the one charged with **** not you :)

and im glad someone liked my mexican joke

Zoap

Smash Master
This is worth a dbl post.

SuperRad just moved up to #1 on my awesome list with those comics.

Miztik

Smash Master
I mexican and i thought zoap was a white guy well if he's mexican thats cool he's probally a long lost cuzin or somethin

lol jk

Miztik

Smash Master
Not really but you didnt look hecka mexican so yea i guess but you were a really tanned white guy

oh btw zoap i want to play your peach on the 15th at the tourney

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
zoap is mexican?! i think... i can see it.... er...??

anyway, thanks for the birthday wishes guys. and the info about ****, which is very interesting and wonderful. it's been a good day.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
So any more opinions about Swiss or not? I need to know because I'm planning my weekend and triumphant return to Deep Norcal. If it's not Swiss, someone else will have to run it.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
OKAY.

I am implementing the following stage changes.

Now BANNED in singles:
Green Greens

Now UNBANNED in singles:
Princess Peach's Castle

Now UNBANNED in teams:
Green Greens
Onett
Princess Peach's Castle

Now ON RANDOM in singles AND teams:
DK64

This is not permanent, this is only for this biweekly. I think people should have the experience of playing under different rulesets. Plus I think it's fun to switch things up often. If I run another biweekly, I will do a ban-heavy one to balance things out.

Reasoning behind stage changes:

Green Greens: I feel it's both imbalanced and too random. The ceiling is very low. Some characters can't recover from under blocks. Explodey blocks happen. Blocks that hit people and save them when they would otherwise fly to their deaths happen. Fox's lasers go JUST above the middle platforms from the side ones, making his spam/camp position very hard to attack. The camera gets messy when apples come out. As for not banning it in teams, most of these problems are gone in teams. Camping, camera, recovery, ceiling height I don't feel affect the teams game in an imbalanced way. The randomness of the blocks still exists but I think it's not too bad.

Princess Peach's Castle: Well, if you're going to allow Corneria, I don't see why this would be banned. I don't think the sides of the stage are any more defensible than under the fin in Corneria. Plus EVENTUALLY a camper will get forced out by a bullet bill. Unless it's like Jigglypuff or something, but if you're afraid of a camping Jigglypuff then you have more problems than just the stage.

Onett: Mostly same reasoning as Green Greens, the camping and imbalances for the most part go away in teams. It does have walk off edges, but they aren't at very accessible parts of the level, unlike in say MK2. I think the banning of Onett in MLG's due to Tope/KoreanDJ's strat was too reactionary.

DK64: It's fine. The barrel is not really much bigger of a deal than the cloud in Yoshi's Story. Plus YS has shyguys (is that what they really are? I thought shyguys didn't fly). The edge is somewhat BF-like in nature, but you can go through the stage from the bottom. I think people forget about that often, and it gives people a few more options in getting up from the ledge. Some people have said that Fox can run circles around people in this stage. I don't think he can, but I want people to test it out.

Oh yeah, so I didn't hear a lot of complaints about FoD on in teams, so FoD and Mute are both on in teams unless a bunch of people complain. The Butler doesn't count.

Miztik

Smash Master
Man i hella wish i could go to this biweeklie for the swiss them its sound like its a kick @$$ way to run the tourney hopefully ill be able to make one

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Dude have you not watched any Green Greens matching in teams? That should explain it right there lol, it's just a dam camp fest, with random blocks stopping any combos that are near impossible already. If anything the randomness would be worse in teams cuz you have to focus on helping ur partner and taking on ur opponent.

Also with the Corneria thing, I never had that stage on anyway, because we switched to the same stages as OC3, and Princess Peach's Castle...wow, well they're stupid camping first off, and Bullet Bill doesn't exactly have the range to get a camper out of there, and I like to avoid Fox's infinite drill shine stage wise as much as possible.

Onett in teams, same reason as Green Greens...random interruptions and bad camping.

DK64 I'll agree for teams, its a pretty big stage and you dont always have to go for the ledge in teams. Also unlike Green Greens and Onett there are no houses or blocks to camp behind. For singles well, it can get pretty bad camp wise, but nothing impossible to get around. I'll agree with this one =P.

Also on another note, I would like to make it to this, so when will you be back in Deep Norcal Hyuga?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Swiss again? Bleh if I do show up I guess I can make sure matches are playing and handle callin em, but I wouldn't really wanna run it -doesn't like swiss-. Of course even though I might not want to, I'll help out anyway XD

quak

Smash Champion
heh heh, green greens banned in singles, i'll live.

Awesome, the new stages will make the game a little fresher, but i've never been able to pull of the infinate on corneria cause it's not a vertical wall and they always ride up on the angle and eventually techjump.

can we ban rainbow though? Not cause of it being unfair for anyone, but only because it's just lame, and anticlimatic for the 3rd game out of a set.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Peach's Castle is just dumb. It's worse than Corneria.

Why? Because the entire stage is the fin.

A generally accepted rule of smash (unless you're falco) is that approaching from above <<<<<<< camping from below. Why you want a stage that will create nothing but matches full of vertical approaches and vertical camping is beyond my understanding.

quak

Smash Champion
usually around 11, or at least lately, for friendlies

then since swiss will be run, im assuming that we'll start doubles at 12 or very close to that, and then theres a break to eat and whatnot for some amount of time, followed by singles

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
BTZO, if I run another biweekly I'm gonna ban a lot of stages and do like a comparison between the two rulesets.

BTW, if you come you should team with me or something, or bring Foxroar so I can team with him ^_^
If not, I'm looking for a friendly neighborhood Baysian.

I like how last biweekly I told people how I'd be really strict about teams deadline and like half the people STILL showed up between 12 and noon:30. Step it up people. Zoap's car, et al., were good enough to call ahead to say they'd be there though. Thank you.

Teams = 12.
Lunch break = when you get eliminated.
Singles signups ENDS AT 3
Singles STARTS AT 3:30
There is usually time between Swiss rounds to get something really quick especially if you played first, but you HAVE TO TELL ME OR ANOTHER T.O. BEFORE YOU LEAVE. Please be nice and do this so we can run things smoothly and not waste time.

DON'T BE LATE. I WILL BAN. I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE AN AWESOME COMBO VIDEO THAT CAN BE FOUND HERE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vziStKcg6g

Again if you can't make it in time to sign up, but are definitely coming, you can have someone sign up for you by proxy, it's just so brackets can get made and we know to wait to call certain matches.

Top Bottom