• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nope's Monthly "Shugalicious's Sexy Saturday"

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I can't wait for this weekend It's going to be fun....And OS...What time are we leaving to go this to tournament....It's only an hour drive from Cincy

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Ok I've got quite a few questions about how these ironmans are gonna work.

Can our team/order be changed from set to set?
If not, do we reveal our team to our opponent before we play?
If I'm CPing a stage can my opponent switch characters?
Would you please ban mk from this, if not he will be on 99% of the teams!

Aside from that, I should there at about 1:40, hopefully I get to see the end of doubles....and make it in time for singles.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Ok I've got quite a few questions about how these ironmans are gonna work.

Can our team/order be changed from set to set?
If not, do we reveal our team to our opponent before we play?
If I'm CPing a stage can my opponent switch characters?
Would you please ban mk from this, if not he will be on 99% of the teams!

Aside from that, I should there at about 1:40, hopefully I get to see the end of doubles....and make it in time for singles.
whats bad about MK? theres only a few good ones in ohio and thats generally the people that main him...

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Would it be worth it to come at 11:30 Saturday night? (I'll get off work around 9, and it's 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive from Indianapolis)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Okay...thought me and OS were teaming...

But I am now teaming with Lain. Lain and I are winning.
I didn't even know you were coming O_o

I hadn't heard anything from you in forever

Also, weird that Lain is coming. I thought there was MI tournament the same day? Looks like Lain wants revenge on Kel ;)

Nope

Smash Lord
There will be a second FFA Style event Called Loopapalooza it will be played for Fun, everyone has to try it out!

Iron Man will be in a crew battle type format. It will be random between FD, Smashville and Battlefield for every match of the battle. You may switch your 3 characters only at the beginning of each set. Also do we want to do this event for a few dollars or Free Entry for bragging rights?

Example:

Fonz and I are up in our match.

We both get a scrap piece of paper and write down 3 characters we want to play against each other. We each then star or mark which character is going first. You fold the paper and put it on top of the TV, you may NOT look at your opponents list until after the set is over! After the set is over you double check their list to make sure they didn't cheat and throw in another character that they didn't have written down or maybe they started with the wrong character.

Example Set:
Game 1:
Fonz leads with Ganon
I lead with Bowser
Fonz 2 Stocks my Bowser

Game 2:
I Pick Marth to play against Ganon
Ganon jumps off 1 stock
My Marth finishes the game with 2 stocks

Game 3:
Fonz Picks DK to play against Marth
I jump off once with Marth
Fonz Finishes my Marth off with 3 Stocks

Game 4:
I pick Ice Climbers to play DK
I get 3 stocked and lose the match because my Ice Climbers are just that good

Fonz Wins!

Each Game will have been randomed from FD, Smashfield, Battlefield

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
OS if I ever would ask you to team with me, what would your answer be?

AZ, same question.

/hypothetical

I'm a solid doubles partner and a hell of a stock tank.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I generally only team with AZ or Kel, and it would only be in rare situations I would team with someone else.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
King Beef is a beast
Thanks bro, so are you.

I generally only team with AZ or Kel, and it would only be in rare situations I would team with someone else.
Alright that's understandable. I'm just trying to experiment with different teams and see how they all work out. Me and Shugo made a good team. Peach and Sonic both can hold stocks foreeeever in doubles. Me and Beegs are solid too, but we've been having sort of a rough patch lately and only won one doubles tourney so far.

Rivals Unite (AKA Lou and Y.b.M) are going to be taking names in doubles. Im real pumped for this tournament.
I'll be rooting for you man. :)

Top Bottom