• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 No MLG next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staco

Smash Champion
So, you all know about that ADHD M2K split, which got them disqualified.
This gives a really bad light on the brawl community.
Do you think, it could be the deciding reason to throw Brawl out the next year? :s

Djent

Smash Champion
I think it's possible, but not probable. If MLG can still turn a profit without key top players in attendance, then they likely won't remove it. I would also hope that they wouldn't rashly project the behaviors of two players on the entire community.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
From an unofficial perspective, I will say that right now, with the Doritoes incident, and now this, along with Nintendo's lack of cooperation, Brawl better cap at Dallas if we're interested in seeing MLG next year.

Life

Smash Hero
Basic economics says that if Brawl is turning MLG a profit (and a better profit than any other game they could run), MLG will keep Brawl.

solecalibur

Smash Master
If it doesn't there going to blame m2k and ADHD even though there were rumors going around they were not going to in the first place (also the rumors that if it caps it will stay)

DC.Eden

Smash Cadet
Man wtf is this doritos incident I hear about lol?

Sounds like a fun story.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Basically there was a doritos stand with 3 large glass cases of doritos, the whole stand was left unattended at the end of the event

Then a bunch of smash and halo kids decided to knock down the cases and take the doritos which were on display

The doritos were free all weekend so that was likely their justification for taking the doritos, but it was still a very poor choice.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Yes, and I was very upset to hear that members of our very own Smash Community damaged a precious display. I also heard that some other higher up MLG officials were extremely upset about this.

While I doubt this significantly hurts our chance of being on the circuit next year, please let this be an example to act civilly while at a tournament being run and sponsored by MLG.

Or actually, any tournament for that matter.

TP

Smash Master
Yes, and I was very upset to hear that members of our very own Smash Community damaged a precious display. I also heard that some other higher up MLG officials were extremely upset about this.

While I doubt this significantly hurts our chance of being on the circuit next year, please let this be an example to act civilly while at a tournament being run and sponsored by MLG.

Or actually, any tournament for that matter.
Or actually, anywhere at all.

People need to learn some god**** manners.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
... ... ...we're boned. MLG is gonna drop us like a bad date if we don't get our act together, and FAST. Guys, I hate to say it... but we need to start making some money, and FAST.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
From an unofficial perspective, I would say Smash actually has a reasonable chance of being on the circuit next year, but the community needs to step it up.

Right now, we need every single person to contribute by going to Dallas.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Tell lower class players that there is a 60% better chance of them winning because ADHD and Mew2King won't be there, maybe they'll buy a ticket, lose in the first round, lose in the lsoers bracket, then say how gay this game is. But it won't matter, because they already paid....:p hehehehe

NO BUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
About the dorito incident

me and xzax were curious if we could take those, we tried and we were told that they were probably expired or for display, so okay we put them back then someone tried to get some and was told the same, THEN SOME OFFICIAL WEARING SHIRT GUY FROM MLG Knocked one of those containers and filled his blue bag with 10+++ bags and THANKS to him it caused EVERYONE (Halo, Tekken SMasher etc) TO PICK EM. Accussing smashers is ****ing stupid I hate the guy who told us that we were IDIOTS and lil stupid kids.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
About the dorito incident

me and xzax were curious if we could take those, we tried and we were told that they were probably expired or for display, so okay we put them back then someone tried to get some and was told the same, THEN SOME OFFICIAL WEARING SHIRT GUY FROM MLG Knocked one of those containers and filled his blue bag with 10+++ bags and THANKS to him it caused EVERYONE (Halo, Tekken SMasher etc) TO PICK EM. Accussing smashers is ****ing stupid I hate the guy who told us that we were IDIOTS and lil stupid kids.
Thank you for sharing your side of the story. However, the person you are referring to is Clap, who does a LOT to make sure these events run smoothly, and you must understand his frustration when he sees that one of MLG's partners and sponsors (Doritoes) had one of their displays damaged.

I will try to get your end of the story heard after the rest of this mess gets cleared up.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Thank you for sharing your side of the story. However, the person you are referring to is Clap, who does a LOT to make sure these events run smoothly, and you must understand his frustration when he sees that one of MLG's partners and sponsors (Doritoes) had one of their displays damaged.

I will try to get your end of the story heard after the rest of this mess gets cleared up.
Yeah I didnt want to name him but the dude did it too. so wth? I think he was smiling too.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
It wasn't Clap who was knocking over the Doritoes stands, lol. I just heard that Clap was very upset after he found out.

I will investigate to find out which MLG employee was involved in this, and have it brought to light. I think JV would be VERY interested to hear this.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
It wasn't Clap who was knocking over the Doritoes stands, lol. I just heard that Clap was very upset after he found out.

I will investigate to find out which MLG employee was involved in this, and have it brought to light. I think JV would be VERY interested to hear this.
We were there when they explained weren't the first to take from the plastic bins. I vaguely know what the staff member looks like, that Ally is referring to, unsure as to who he is though.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Ahh well just win that 12k and go back to what the Smash community has always been doing

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Honestly, if I was one of the heads of MLG, I'd toss us on our *****, too. Nearly trashing the venues? Match fixing? Hell yeah, I'd drop us. First of all, it's bad for business. Second of all, if the match fixing becomes more of a problem, it could become a legal liability for MLG. Keeping a game like that on the circuit is borderline bad business.

If we DO get dropped, it will only be our faults. I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does, it won't surprise me. If it does happen, hopefully we'll learn our lesson and grow up. Maybe they'll let us back on.

Sao

Smash Cadet
I hope it stops at MLG Dallas. The main reason I stopped playing brawl in the first place is because of all the man children that just agree to split pots, the most unappealing aspect of brawl tournaments is finals because they never get played. M2K and DSF split the pot and didn't want to play finals at Devastation, it happens at all sorts of events but now M2K is sorry? He is just sorry his autistic *** got caught.

You guys had it good for a while, with huge payouts going to match fixers. But now that the truth behind the smash community is coming to light outsider interest in the game will dwindle because fact of the matter is what should be the most exciting point of a tournament isn't exciting with all the groupie fixing.

Tesh

Smash Hero
*shrug*
Maybe we should just play for bragging rights like Japan does.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
*shrug*
Maybe we should just play for bragging rights like Japan does.
That's what I do.

I'm proud of being the only power ranked Canadian Sonic player, and I wanna take it a step further by taking on America next. Money? What's that?

...oh right. A perk if I do good while having fun.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
i think mlg should announce the future of brawl in dallas to finally settle this.

also we better hope MLG never picks up SSF4 cause we'll get dropped harder than that baby in Precious

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
For all the Tekken haters:

Considering that Tekken has a game producer that sponsors them, cooperates with MLG, and encourages them to compete in their game, it's UNLIKELY that Tekken will be dropped next year.

However, with all the crazy things going on in our community, general immaturity of certain incidences at the events, and an overall lack of cooperation from Nintendo, it's unlikely that Smash will return.

If you want to make a differnece, the best thing you can do is:

A) Go to MLG Dallas
B) Act mature and presentable at Dallas
C) Encourage others to do the same.

We need to show MLG that we are a community worth investing in, not a bunch of kids that lose their shoes and knock over doritoes displays, and leave trash everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom