• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO JOHNS MONTHLY | February 4, 2012 | Nanuet NY | Stric, Jman, Nando, Hax, DoH, M2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Honestly the "nice" thing to do would be to play the match out.

It deprives viewers of the best part of a tourney, kills any hype surrounding the tourney, and just defeats the point of playing non-friendlies in general. If you're not going to have a winner, why not just give everyone their money back and turn it into a smashfest instead?

m2k stop splitting, lol.

boss8

Smash Hero
not everyone has the same mentality bro....yea u got those people who are so laid back n chill about everything...long as they make profit it doesnt matter...im sure they dnt care what the viewers think....they are already amazing enough to make it to grands....

i still understand what u mean though..

LLDL

Smash Hero
Splitting makes me not want to record anything. Luckily the non-grand finals videos in this tournament were better than the grand finals probably would have been anyway. But this isn't always the case. Sometimes all tourney matches that happen to be recorded are not that good, and then grand finals is the redeeming factor. When a tournament like that happens, there can be no redemption if the finals don't exist lol.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Hax is the most combo heavy, aggressive falcon I know...Against floaties maybe, but then he has to be, so I don't know what you're talking about.
Darkrain NEVER existed. He's just an illusion of the mind.

how can you hate stric's falco and think jman's fox is appealing? lol.
I usually just like watching Fox I suppose idk. To be honest I prefer DruggedFox's Fox or Lucky's Fox. Character preferences usually trump style preferences for me personally. Even so style wise I find Stric's Falco so boring that I dislike how it plays more than Jman's Fox.

Opinions etc

Hax

Smash Champion
my plan was to split the money but still give you guys a gf's set, but m2k had to go. i wanted to play him again more than anything lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you don't like people splitting all the time then get better and knock them out so they aren't in GFs to split

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am the hope of the Universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent! I am the Light to the Darkness! I am truth. Ally to good; nightmare to you!

Aber

Smash Journeyman
Honestly the "nice" thing to do would be to play the match out.

It deprives viewers of the best part of a tourney, kills any hype surrounding the tourney, and just defeats the point of playing non-friendlies in general. If you're not going to have a winner, why not just give everyone their money back and turn it into a smashfest instead?

m2k stop splitting, lol.

Quoted for truth

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
how does someone not remember that speech i think they removed or changed it in kai but god damn that speech was one of the best dbz moments

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
like honestly maybe if you went to the tourney you could complain about the splitting but it doesn't even affect you outside of videos you aren't entitled to anyway

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Remove the collapsible boxes... nobody cares about result spoilers for a local, and if someone actually does, then they can just scroll down one line at a time...

LLDL

Smash Hero
I couldn't care less either. The only reason why I put them is because some f****** always complain.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
Javascript to deal with collapse tags on SWF

Well, to help ease the conflict between people who want spoiler tags and those who don't, why don't we just always use spoiler tags and use the following code I wrote?

(You can add the code (as a URL) to your bookmarks bar and click the resulting buttons, or just copy/paste it into the address bar.)

Toggle all:
Code:
javascript:x=document.getElementsByClassName('collapse_block_showhide'); for (i=0;i<x.length;i++) {if (x[i].parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { x[i].parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; x[i].innerHTML = 'Hide'; } else { x[i].parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; x[i].innerHTML = 'Show';} }; void(0);
Show all:
Code:
javascript:x=document.getElementsByClassName('collapse_block_showhide'); for (i=0;i<x.length;i++) {if (x[i].parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { x[i].parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; x[i].innerHTML = 'Hide'; } }; void(0);
Hide all:
Code:
javascript:x=document.getElementsByClassName('collapse_block_showhide'); for (i=0;i<x.length;i++) {if (x[i].parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display == '')  { x[i].parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; x[i].innerHTML = 'Show';} }; void(0);
This code might be kind of ugly but I just sort of threw it together; it was mostly just copy/pasting the onclick action from the SWF code, haha... I don't really know Javascript. /johns

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
T. Webb

you essentially had DOH in game 1 and overall. you scored so many more approach wins against him(especially game 1). You need to capitalize more. Every nair >shine landed that when no where made me cringe. I mean it was smart that you didnt go for anything after because of the aerial reset nature of the nair shines you were landing but you missed a large part of the matchup that eliminates lots of peaches defense...........drillshine and drill OOS.

Drillshine even just a few times instead of nair > shine on FD and you wouldve won. you are technical enough to drillshine > Waveshine >waveshine across the stage. If its perfect they seldom escape. also on BF a few times on the right side you were reading the Dash Attack but shining OOS and wavelanding on the platform. I mean unless you can Waveshine OOS as consistently as eggm i would've drill shined on those as well and got the free upsmash. other than that you did well. Your lack of drillshine>upsmasd made me cringe though. you won so many approaches and you could have scored some good damage and momentum. As a non-spacy main now, I can tell you that no matter what the percent a drill shine > upsmash is devastating and def takes some wind out of any players sails

Beat!

Smash Master
The only ones who can legitimately complain about splitting are people who were at the tourney. If you weren't there then you're not entitled to anything at all.

So yeah, what Strong Bad said.

And a lot of these sets were super entertaining anyway.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I think he meant 55 up to 60% sheik, giving falcon 45 or 40. But I see how you read it as that lol.

Hax

Smash Champion
115 / -15 sounds accurate tho

lol jk 65-35

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
ive prolly lost more money to splitting than anyone has in smash over past 6 years ever, i do it to be nice mostly and cuz idc
I think you do it mostly for be stupid. How will be nice splitt and kill all the hype of GF, your attutude is bad :/

Aber

Smash Journeyman
So is M2k still refusing to be recorded then?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
For the record, I do not believe that splitting kills anything. Especially at locals. I think that locals have alot of off the beaten path matches that are great. Hax vs M2k was nice but I really liked strict vs Jman and t webb vs DOH. GF are generally the more boring sets especially if its a no johns with Hax vs Jman for the 1 millionth time. I guess it being recorded this time would've been nice, but if he doesnt wanna be recorded then its w.e. M2K is obviously one of the most methodical smasher in terms of going into the lab and crafting a bag of tricks so I would not blame him especially if he is trying to win a national.

Not saying that he is gimmicky but in retrospect his style calls for such tricks at the highest level of play.

Battlecow

Play to Win
like honestly maybe if you went to the tourney you could complain about the splitting but it doesn't even affect you outside of videos you aren't entitled to anyway
I'm talking about splitting in general. It's bad, always. I have the right to say that, even if splitting at this tournament affects me minimally.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
man 65 35 my *** hax, my falcon did the same against amsah as yours did at pound5, the MU is not nearly that bad, play these "top tier characters" and fight me with them and see if you do better than with falcon. I think falcon is the 8th best in the game, but even with that said, you underrate him hardcore. Once he touches you, you die, as long as you don't mess up.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
T. Webb

you essentially had DOH in game 1 and overall. you scored so many more approach wins against him(especially game 1). You need to capitalize more. Every nair >shine landed that when no where made me cringe. I mean it was smart that you didnt go for anything after because of the aerial reset nature of the nair shines you were landing but you missed a large part of the matchup that eliminates lots of peaches defense...........drillshine and drill OOS.

Drillshine even just a few times instead of nair > shine on FD and you wouldve won. you are technical enough to drillshine > Waveshine >waveshine across the stage. If its perfect they seldom escape. also on BF a few times on the right side you were reading the Dash Attack but shining OOS and wavelanding on the platform. I mean unless you can Waveshine OOS as consistently as eggm i would've drill shined on those as well and got the free upsmash. other than that you did well. Your lack of drillshine>upsmasd made me cringe though. you won so many approaches and you could have scored some good damage and momentum. As a non-spacy main now, I can tell you that no matter what the percent a drill shine > upsmash is devastating and def takes some wind out of any players sails
yea i wasnt feeling it as much but still no excuse it wont happen again =)......thank u alot. when u see the vids of me at troy i will not disappoint

leffen

Smash Champion
man 65 35 my *** hax, my falcon did the same against amsah as yours did at pound5, the MU is not nearly that bad, play these "top tier characters" and fight me with them and see if you do better than with falcon. I think falcon is the 8th best in the game, but even with that said, you underrate him hardcore. Once he touches you, you die, as long as you don't mess up.
this

people are so biased, falcon mains especially.
I love how falcon mains complain about stuff, like getting ZTD by a grab from sheik (when they have the by far best follow up game from grabs BY FAR) and **** like that >_>

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Every top player thinks their character is bad/overrated by everyone else. nothing new.

THE CCIIIRRCCLLE OF LIIIIIFFFFEEEE.

Hax

Smash Champion
"65-35 my ***" when the matchup was considered all but hopeless before i showed people the light... the irony

apparently falcon players are so good at techchasing that he's in fox/sheik/marth guaranteed zero to death off of grabs tier

because a character who has to make several 33% / 50% reads (or godlike reactions) during a combo has guaranteed zero to deaths

brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom