• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 No Johns: MLG Interviews Mew2King

Status
Not open for further replies.

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
wait so m2k has to practice his *** off to place well in brawl and he doesnt play melee outside of tourneys and he still places top 5? lol ok

MD.Dude

Smash Cadet
My mind has been blown..who would mango use in brawl..prob metaknight! or diddy thats fur real fun.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Mew2King said:
It's simple: the Melee pros don't like the game; well, most of them. I don't know why...
Mew2King said:
...but I have to camp against him a lot in order to beat him...
Well there you go.

Mango would OBVIOUSLY go wario. Jiggs is the troll of melee. Wario is the troll of brawl. And Mango is the troll of smash.

@M2K: Your marth is sexier than your metaknight. True story. If you're gonna quit melee completely at least train some marth to be as good as you. Plzzzzzz.

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
Well there you go.

Mango would OBVIOUSLY go wario. Jiggs is the troll of melee. Wario is the troll of brawl. And Mango is the troll of smash.

@M2K: Your marth is sexier than your metaknight. True story. If you're gonna quit melee completely at least train some marth to be as good as you. Plzzzzzz.
totally agree :)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
wait so m2k has to practice his *** off to place well in brawl and he doesnt play melee outside of tourneys and he still places top 5? lol ok
I haven't really put in much practice to melee since just before pound4 (I crammed it all into under a week from not playing the game for a really long time before that) and I don't really practice the game ever anymore cuz there's not enough tourneys to make it worth it. Previous skill and knowledge is why I remain good. I'm not as good as I used to be I don't think. Maybe when I am fully in practice I can be but not usually. I don't need to practice Brawl to place well. So far, my lowest tourney record in the past 2 and a half years is like 3rd or something I think but for MLG Orlando specifically I trained really hard cuz I wanted it bad. I do play brawl a lot more than melee usually, due to there being many more tourneys for it, especially now with MLG.

I do think Mango could get really good at brawl if he wanted to, it's just that he doesn't want to because all he wants to do is move fast and combo and there's not many characters you can do that with. He could do things with Bair with falco, then if they air dodge again he can cover 2 options at once by moving fast and just normal smart stuff but I think he would get bored of the game rather quickly. I'm just saying he is definitely good enough at smash and smart enough that if he wanted to he would be top 3 quite easily imo.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
No, I didn't. I was put at 4th when we all split and didn't play anything out. I only lost 1 set

I went to MD/VA and went to DK smash's house then the NIGHT of the tournament they said it was going to be MK banned SURPRISE SURPRISE when I had not used anyone but MK for many, many months before that point (pretty much half a year of only using strictly MK)

So I beat a few players who's names I forget by a good amount

then I had to fight Meep. My ****ty awful Snake got him to last stock over 100% (I got CGed a lot cuz I didn't know how to use grenades well or hardly anything about the character), and then my DDD won 2 games in a row to win that set (forward throw is apparently good vs ICs as it separates them but it was really campy 2 games). I did not get a chance to fight Azen (he mained Peach and Lucario then), but around that same time period I beat him the majority of the time so it is assumed that I would have had the advantage had I got a chance to fight him. Atomsk at that time I was like 30-0 with in DDD dittos (most of them were friendlies but some were tourney and I had a perfect tourney record vs him then also) and I won every previous set and tourney match we had then so I probably would have beaten him too. The top 4 were Chillin Atomsk Azen and me we all 4 split without anything played out.

So after beating Meep I had to fight chillin, and then ALL HE DID THE ENTIRE GAME was wait around for an opportunity to a chain grab and run away with rolls, rapid As, lasers, and illusions. I found out that it was unavoidable and he beat me 2 stock 170% and then I switched to some other char like GW who I had never used in that matchup before (I played Velocity in about 15 GW dittos that's the only reason I sorta knew how to use him but not really) and I got the first stock lead and was going to plank him. Other people were booing me as I was continuing to plank so, because of that, I Got up from the ledge, traded some hits and got KOd, then lost my lead to a chain grab on the next stock then he ran away so I would have to approach the rest of the game.

chillin then fought Atosmk in WF, and then BEAT HIS DDD WORSE THAN MINE (2 stock 60% opposed to 2 stock 170% and I didn't have gimps), and then Atosmk tried Wario and also got 2 stocked (and I forget the other game, but I think all the games were 2 stock from chain grab spam and then laser camping into rapid A when opponent got close into random illusions).

I was able to beat meep 2-0 with ddd, almost with snake, and only lose 1 set to chillin, doing better than atomsk did, and my previous sets vs azen/atomsk at that time assumes I had the advantage to beat them had I fought them.

Also, in teams me and azen (using peach ddd) were able to 6-0 chillin atomsk (snake/falco and ddd)

what you heard was a really biased story brought up many times for people that don't know all the details

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
They don't call him a robot for nothing lol.

We need to do some friendlies Jason. I need some of that m2k training lol.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i dont wifi

however many people did get good off of wifi, so maybe I'm just different. I'm used to how I do things because of the melee days + my connection sucks
dont bother with wifi unless you have a cable ISP and have a router that is completely amazing

i would know i paid for both and set up the router myself. Was alot of work, but the lag is nearly non existant

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
M2k, do what makes you happy I guess. Please however do not quit Melee, focus on Brawl if you need to at the moment though. Just for the love of God don't quit Melee altogether. You're the only one who could ever beat mango again.

strawhats

Smash Master
M2k, do what makes you happy I guess. Please however do not quit Melee, focus on Brawl if you need to at the moment though. Just for the love of God don't quit Melee altogether. You're the only one who could ever beat mango again.
too much truth in one sentence. :(

Kantō

Smash Champion
i dont really use wifi eather even though everyone tells me it will make me better.
idk, i like to play with people and have fun with it, i dont wanna play someone i cant talk to or share tips with in person, its more of a friendly and fun expeirence.

Allbrex

Smash Apprentice
I do think Mango could get really good at brawl if he wanted to, it's just that he doesn't want to because all he wants to do is move fast and combo and there's not many characters you can do that with. He could do things with Bair with falco, then if they air dodge again he can cover 2 options at once by moving fast and just normal smart stuff but I think he would get bored of the game rather quickly. I'm just saying he is definitely good enough at smash and smart enough that if he wanted to he would be top 3 quite easily imo.
M2K hats off to you man for that win, sounds like you'd been going through a rough stretch and I was rooting for you to pull it off, well deserved, congratulations.
On a side note, do you think any melee players would come to brawl? Have you tried convincing any of them? And out of curiosity who would you say are the top 5 toughest smashers you've ever played against? Congrats again man.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I think a lot of the top level Melee players would like Brawl's metagame today.
Name one, except maybe Hungrybox. At the highest level, Brawl was and still is incredibly gay. Doubtless it won't progress from this, barring some kind of universal AT which deepens the game, and considering how extensively the game's been studied I doubt that.

And to the guy directly above, Mango is genuinely in a league of his own. Armada, good as he is, is not a more difficult opponent.

strawhats

Smash Master
actually m2k had a winning record against KDJ...Dan just won in their most recent sets back in late 2k7 but they were all prettty close matches (marth vs. sheik at MLG Long Island)

Merkuri

Smash Lord
actually m2k had a winning record against KDJ...Dan just won in their most recent sets back in late 2k7 but they were all prettty close matches (marth vs. sheik at MLG Long Island)
Ok well since KoreanDJ got good he's been beating Mew2king. And they were not all really close matches. KDJ 3-0d Mew2king in winners finals at MLG Long Island. And iirc he also 3-0d him in one of their sets at Viva la Smashataclysm

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I think a lot of the top level Melee players would like Brawl's metagame today.
The only reason I can see top Melee players playing Brawl is to learn how to play gay so they can beat Jiggs.

Other than that I don't really see a reason. The only characters I find fun to watch are MK (I USED to), Diddy, and Olimar. Not much else though.

I'm sure you could think up some reasons.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Why isn't Korean DJ on this list? Doesn't he still have a winning record against you?
that was so long ago that I forgot about him

actually we are like 50/50 in sets I don't know who's winning (I even 3-0d him at chicago and 6-0d him at mlg orlando in 06 but since it's not recorded almost no one knows about that stuff). Most of my sets that I won against him weren't recorded. I have no idea who's record is better, but I guess he's be tied in 3rd somewhere with others

viva la smash was 2-1 last stock mid % actually... and I went all sheik back when I was just learning her, and I beat PC just prior. He did beat me back then, but I considered myself better overall, because he lost to Chu more than me and always lost to Azen and I did slightly better against PC too but head to head we'd go back and forth with him winning more maybe? I don't even know who won more honestly we've played like 20 sets or so before at least. Unfortunately he quit right after that tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom