• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 No Johns: MLG Interviews Mew2King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
well m2k play super campy and u can beat jiggs with fox. just dont get grabbed, jabbed, utilted, uaired, usmashed, fair, or baired.

nvm just pick marth and have a diverse oos game, camp, play perfectly, and u should be good.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
To the Melee players who replied:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYaRdg9k3T4

The high level of Brawl can be both offensive and defensive. Metaknight gives some characters a hard time approaching, but is often forced to approach and does it well himself.

or CP Sonic and run away on homerun contest after getting a % lead

but could Wario and Jiggs catch him? could Falco shoot him??
You're such a loser, I can just picture your cheesy *** smile after you tell a really bad joke and force it through :p

At MLG, what happened to the shuttles?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
To the Melee players who replied:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYaRdg9k3T4

The high level of Brawl can be both offensive and defensive. Metaknight gives some characters a hard time approaching, but is often forced to approach and does it well himself.

You're such a loser, I can just picture your cheesy *** smile after you tell a really bad joke and force it through :p

At MLG, what happened to the shuttles?
Most of the melee players who are of any worth don't tend to bash brawl based on it's mechanics we just don't like the fundamentals of the game compared to melee.

It's usually the mindless bracket fodder you see bashing it hardcore which for the life of me I don't understand why.

Trela

Smash Lord
How did Metaknight get from the Orlando airport to MLG?

that's right! The SHUTTLE Loop! ;D
Please die.

Anyways, I've got two questions for you, Mr. King: When you destroy character with a huge disavantage against Meta Knight, do you feel any regret or sympathy for doing so? Also, how do you feel when you just won a match by playing "without honor"?

Trel Trel wants to know!

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
oyy m2k

is mk's out of shield dair as reliable as Melee marths dair out of shield dair?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Please die.

Anyways, I've got two questions for you, Mr. King: When you destroy character with a huge disavantage against Meta Knight, do you feel any regret or sympathy for doing so? Also, how do you feel when you just won a match by playing "without honor"?

Trel Trel wants to know!
Players with scrub mentalities tend to talk about things like regret, sympathy, and honor.

Play to win. Lose and you waste hundreds of dollars and time.

If you want to play for fun then play with friends and/or wifi.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'll just rub a blanket with Asians that have SARS on it, and give it to you before a tournament.

[South Park reference ftw.]

-Ran

Smash Master
Stop acting human. We know you're a robot.

But in all honesty, here's an actual question. What was the last time you had reached a plateau of skill, and how did you get around it?

etecoon

Smash Hero
The only reason I can see top Melee players playing Brawl is to learn how to play gay so they can beat Jiggs.
play brawl to train your patience LOL

srs question: you said you played brawl every day for 2 weeks prior to orlando and in the past you've said you mostly only play on weekends at tournaments, what is IYO an optimal amount of play time? I've seen some other good people like pierce, havok, and esam recently say that playing too much can actually be detrimental, curious about your opinion on that

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
M2k, **** Fox and Marth, go Doc against Jiggs. I know you used to have one, just shake off the rust.

I'm not even kidding, if Shroomed can be a couple hits away from 2-0ing Hungrybox in pools at Pound 4 then you should be able to do one better and get the job done.

Mahone

Smash Champion
M2k, **** Fox and Marth, go Doc against Jiggs. I know you used to have one, just shake off the rust.

I'm not even kidding, if Shroomed can be a couple hits away from 2-0ing Hungrybox in pools at Pound 4 then you should be able to do one better and get the job done.
I completely agree. Have you ever tried your doc in friendlies against either mango or hbox?

Mahone

Smash Champion
i dont know many matchups with doc esp not the jiggs one. But it doesn't seem to matter cuz she gets both of the top 2 spots at every big tourney anyway
Ya, i guess if you don't know it you'll do better with fox.
I really think you would do better against hungrybox with your Marth.
I know at winterfest you tried but in my opinion you played it a lot
worse than you use to with marth against like Mango at Pound 3.
You were playing alot more aggressive than you should have and you
kept messing up forward-thow combos . And then you tried to
kill with up-b which was unessarily risky.

I really think you should try that matchup because even though
hungrybox likes it, in my opinion (as a jiggs player) i think its
much harder than fox. It's also alot easier to get around those
annoying bairs with a sword.

Anyway, i hope you beat him next time and mabye take my advice and
play marth. Even though im a jiggs main i think hungrybox is bad for the
game because he somehow manages to beat people
who i feel are better, like Amsah and you.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Ya, i guess if you don't know it you'll do better with fox.
I really think you would do better against hungrybox with your Marth.
I know at winterfest you tried but in my opinion you played it a lot
worse than you use to with marth against like Mango at Pound 3.
You were playing alot more aggressive than you should have and you
kept messing up forward-thow combos . And then you tried to
kill with up-b which was unessarily risky.

I really think you should try that matchup because even though
hungrybox likes it, in my opinion (as a jiggs player) i think its
much harder than fox. It's also alot easier to get around those
annoying bairs with a sword.

Anyway, i hope you beat him next time and mabye take my advice and
play marth. Even though im a jiggs main i think hungrybox is bad for the
game because he somehow manages to beat people
who i feel are better, like Amsah and you.
Or maybe HungryBox is actually a good player.. :|

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Hungrybox is obviously a really good player

but the only player I consider better at the game than me is Mango

I spent too much time using multiple characters for no reason instead of focusing on only like I did for Brawl. I think I spent more time on metaknight than I did with Marth in Melee by now, even though I've used Marth since the game came out here and there. That's why I'm so good with metaknight, but switch characters so often in Melee. Time spent with a character matters a lot imo.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Cool is this the M2K thread?

M2K I'm glad you answered the painfully ignorant interviewer truthfully when he asked you why melee players did not show up to brawl. Its because they are totally different games and they are not interchangeable. If MLG wanted to see old melee faces they should have had a melee side tournament. MLG appears to see us as collective smashers refusing to believe that we are specialized individuals with different tastes.

I'm glad to see that you still like melee better than brawl. But I am very distressed to see such an absence of love on your part however, M2K. Granted you are different than normal smashers because you are professional, however, most smashers play melee because they love it and they cherish the people who play it with them. It seems to me that you are so beset on winning that you would rather not play than play mediocre. I know you realize that 90 percent of the people that still play melee and go to tournaments play mediocre but at the same time they have lots of fun.

I understand that you want to play less as you get older but please don't ever lose the love I know you have for melee.

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, playing Melee and Brawl at the same time makes me not be able to play at my best in either game. As time goes on, and people get better, (and I don't want to play as much because I'm getting older) this is really going to hurt me. For this reason I don't know if I am entering melee at apex2 or other really big tourneys in the future that are big and hard because now that Brawl has MLG, I need to concentrate on that.

I enjoy Melee when I'm like, playing my best, but I rarely play, and I'm not as good as I was at pound4, and playing Melee makes me worse at Brawl and vice versa. It really sucks. There is no way out of that. Also I have no one to play, so I almost never play the game ever.

Like, if Melee was the main game still, and it had like no-lag online play, I would still be playing it seriously.

reality sucks

im new to brawl and im playing because its the main game but i love melee alot and im mad i wasnt good enough when it was the main game but now that im good i do agree with m2k the transition between the two games is crazy my friend wanted to get back on melee yesterday it feels wierd getting back on brawl and you cant even waveland but yea i heard alot of downgrading brawl but i think its a ok game melee is always on top and i wish doc mario was in brawl they took my main out i mean damm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom