• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 No Johns: MLG Interviews Mew2King

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
Cool is this the M2K thread?

M2K I'm glad you answered the painfully ignorant interviewer truthfully when he asked you why melee players did not show up to brawl. Its because they are totally different games and they are not interchangeable. If MLG wanted to see old melee faces they should have had a melee side tournament. MLG appears to see us as collective smashers refusing to believe that we are specialized individuals with different tastes.

I'm glad to see that you still like melee better than brawl. But I am very distressed to see such an absence of love on your part however, M2K. Granted you are different than normal smashers because you are professional, however, most smashers play melee because they love it and they cherish the people who play it with them. It seems to me that you are so beset on winning that you would rather not play than play mediocre. I know you realize that 90 percent of the people that still play melee and go to tournaments play mediocre but at the same time they have lots of fun.

I understand that you want to play less as you get older but please don't ever lose the love I know you have for melee.

yea i wouldnt play brawl for the longest just because of how much time i put in melee to be good and i love the game so much it kept me from playing brawl but i gonna play and hope i can do good but if not back to melee im sort of playing brawl for fun unless of course i get good

Mahone

Smash Champion
Or maybe HungryBox is actually a good player.. :|
Ya i didnt say he wasnt. I have alot of respect for Hungrybox and he is definately one of the top 5 players in the WORLD. Just because i say one person is better doesnt mean i think hes bad, hes an amazing player.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
To speak on a subject earlier in the topic, it's not impossible to improve just practicing on the computer. Dr. PP of NC started out that way, in I believe he still does that now. It's a matter of dedication and interest, I guess.

I'm not entirely sure what it does, to practice on a computer. I think it's to test methods that work, find methods that don't work, improve timing and technical skill, and find effective combos. Playing against a human does help as well, because they give you more opportunities to test things out in see if what you learned with the computer can also be effective against a human.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Stop entertaining them by letting them know you're ignoring them.

Will you use D3 in your next tourney?

Teh Future

Smash Master
you are answering questions in this thread? lol not sure why but I have one-

why are you so good against ICs compared to any other mk? Are you just better at the matchup, or better overall and it just shows vs ICs? What do you think of mk vs ICs overall?

Teh Future

Smash Master
ICs don't mix it up enough and blizzard wall enough
this part confuses me. you think ICs should blizzard wall MORE and mix it up from there (bc it pretty much forces you into the air) or use LESS blizzard wall and mix it up w/ more synced gameplay.

either way thanks for the answer, although tbh I think ICs win on neutral stages. you are just really good lol

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I don't sandbag I just play. Only difference is tourney I care more, friendlies I just play. I don't think about trying or not trying in those.

as for dairs idk I don't think about it I just play instinctively I'm not even sure lol

I don't like Brawl Marth, and it makes my Melee Marth suck :\

Paix

Smash Apprentice
Yo Ally, I'm really happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but M2K is the best smasher of all time! OF ALL TIME!!!!!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I don't sandbag I just play. Only difference is tourney I care more, friendlies I just play. I don't think about trying or not trying in those.

as for dairs idk I don't think about it I just play instinctively I'm not even sure lol

I don't like Brawl Marth, and it makes my Melee Marth suck :\
Okay, thanks! :)

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Mew2King, I saw you at WHOBO. Did you go to the rave at Anime Matsuri? It was pretty cool, and you could've done the robot.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
No sir, your post was infact the 'completely unnecessary comment'.

It's called a joke :)

Ahh, uptight people make me laugh :)

Yeah, but, Ally hadn't even said anything.

You're just misusing the meme.

When you misuse a meme, you contribute to its decay, and eventual transition into overuse status.
Let other people use the meme for more successful lulz. It is a duty as a citizen of the internet. =_=

*~*~*~

MewtwoKing, is there any kind of skill you would say that, of what you possess in that skill, it comes in some significant way from something other than experience? (Let me clarify, I mean skill which is other than implicit knowledge. It's hard to find knowledge that's not from experience; I'm asking for knowledge OF certain things, rather than your "know-how", to win, which can't be put into words.)

I mean, you say a lot you 'play instinctively' or use your subconscious, or even you don't know yourself, and all in all, are, well... a man of few words for other players, despite being the top.
We appear to be left with the motto of just "train". Okay, I get that, but... is there some tip you use, consciously, when playing , say, someone you haven't played before, in tournament?

What is your knowledge regarding what allows you to notice when your opponents are "training" you and at what point they will switch up?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
If Mk were to be banned what would you do?
Pick up someone else or quit Brawl?
IIRC, he said he'd quit Brawl. Prolly cuz it wouldn't be far to those who spend alot of time practicing MK
lol...

And because it means that Melee Fox should be banned for dominance as well.

Or some in in that category.

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
its pretty strange how m2k is like the only mk main that everyone considers good at the game. everyone else is said to be carried by their character but only m2k doesn't get **** talked about it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
its pretty strange how m2k is like the only mk main that everyone considers good at the game. everyone else is said to be carried by their character but only m2k doesn't get sh*t talked about it.
he was the best player on the east coast using DDD

he was the best player at melee for a pretty good period prior to brawl coming out

for the most part other top MK mains haven't proven they can do anything without MK so this is understandable. it's not justifiable, the other top 10-15 MK's are very good players, but you can at least see why there's an exception made

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I simply LOL @ people trying to call out top players on main usage. When you become a top player, you can understand the decision making that goes on behind top level play. You'll be able to tell why opponents do what they did at all times. I can even tell when people execute an action that was a mistake, and KNOW what they actually meant to do, almost always.

That being said, if you're trying to disrespect a top level player and say that their main is carrying them, you're clearly not at a level where you understand what's happening on the screen. The top MK mains and the other top players don't allow unskilled players to squeeze through with MK. This is 2010. Wake up.

Albert.

Smash Master
its pretty strange how m2k is like the only mk main that everyone considers good at the game. everyone else is said to be carried by their character but only m2k doesn't get sh*t talked about it.
This is def a troll comment lol
but...

The idea that m2k is the only talented MK is laughable. You act as though playing MK at a high level is easy. Everybody knows the Match-Up so it's actually really really hard. And all of them must attain a pretty high level of "brawl Tech skill" to even have a chance.

Tyrant, Dojo, Anti, Atomsk.
Those are all obviously talented players who are top MKs. They didn't get to where they are today JUST abusing MK's advantages.

Also, consider this.

Tyrant- Took a game off Ally with Marth
Dojo wrecked some MK-banned tourneys with Diddy
Anti- has a **** Snake, Wario, DK, others
Atomsk- doesn't even main MK but is good enough as a player to take sets off ADHD with him.

etecoon

Smash Hero
That being said, if you're trying to disrespect a top level player and say that their main is carrying them, you're clearly not at a level where you understand what's happening on the screen. The top MK mains and the other top players don't allow unskilled players to squeeze through with MK. This is 2010. Wake up.
yeah this is another thing, even if MK were that broken, you still have to get pretty **** good at the MK ditto to survive lol

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
no, i respect m2k. i don't think hes being carried. i just think its unfair how only m2k gets special treatment and other MK mains get **** for using him.

imo all top MK mains would still be top level players without MK.

edit : and please don't tell me other MK mains don't get **** for using MK. if they didn't you wouldn't see so many kids crying in the metaknight thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom