• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Lol no. I had problems with multiple people in PA's Melee scene. I never really met Treble and Bass though. I looked up to Treble cause he'd not enter a tourney for 6 months then enter and beat all of NJs top 5 with Samus everytime.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Originally Posted by Keitaro
You're right, tristate brawl community >>> past tristate community.

I've met much more interesting people through Brawl than through Melee around here. Melee players were boring as **** lol. The only ones that really stood out imo are the ones that play brawl like yourself and Inui (Velocity counts too)

Edit: Emblem Lord was quite a character too.

My reponse: oh yeaa. U know he's talking about me! *faces self-glory* ^^

ANTi_

Smash Hero
When i think of brawl i think of chibo; funny how he says you brawlers

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
When i think of brawl i think of chibo; funny how he says you brawlers
pfft, iv been around since before you and this game

classic days: pound 3, tunes biweeklies in central/south jersey, inui not obsessing about boys n such, magus, velocity, smashpocalypses, the golden days of ToS, CoT 1

ahhhh good times

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Cheebs, that's all nice and dandy, but there are plenty of people that played Melee as well that are now seen as Brawlers.

When people hear the name Chibo nowadays, they think, "Brawl ROB, no?"

You Brawler ;]

Keitaro

pfft, iv been around since before you and this game

classic days: pound 3, tunes biweeklies in central/south jersey, inui not obsessing about boys n such, magus, velocity, smashpocalypses, the golden days of ToS, CoT 1

ahhhh good times
I was there during all those days and possibly more. Inui is MUCH more fun now, you have to admit it lol! Inui was hated by 99% of the Melee community and he was somehow more stubborn back then. Tunes Biweeklies were always fun tbh. Sad they're gone. I skipped Pound 3 and regreted it and forever will but I attended Pound 4, Apex 2010, and COT 4 which were all most likely better anyway. I loved all the COTs in all their sexy venues and will continue to do so. Scar hosted Spoc and I didn't and probably still don't like him so I never attended one I believe.

Maybe I just like hyper children over mature men :p. A lot of Melee smashers were quiet and really geeky acting and looking. Cactuar was the hottest man around cause there was a huge gap in looks from him to the 2nd best.

Id chill with a Bleachigo, Pwii, Nakat, Jband any day over almost all of the tristate Melee scene. Sooo boring!! If Melee wasn't so much fun I would have left you guys in the dust way back when. The Brawl community keeps me here over the game itself atm.

Crazy logic but my opinion. Melee days were pretty fun though.

Also yes, Magus and Velocity were awesome but Brawl still wins.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
My boy Keitaro already knows!<3

Smash hit, we in there, looking like a small regional.
I started playing brawl in mid-late 09, joined kinda late but caught up with some work.

Keitaro

Yeah, I became crazy inactive once the summer ended since I started engineering so I feel I'm not in that tourney mindset atm but I WILL be this summer and all of ya'll getting ****ed up. I know I'm more than capable of doing that again and ill at least get close to it again.

Just gimme a couple of Shadows and Atomsks :D. And put RJ on the other side of the bracket lol!

Edit: Btw, a lot of smashers seem to be afraid to mention to girls that they play smash. Why so? Almost every girl I've mentioned it to seemed to at least gotten hype about it if didn't turn them on lol! Tbh saying "I make money playing smash bros" just works.

Don't make money? Who gives, they ain't gonna know!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Alright guys show up to Smash-hit its going to be well-ran and fun. We need also show the newcomers a good time so if you see someone please say hi to them and be friendly. More newcomers = better for us as a whole. NY/NJ too good :)

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Edit: Btw, a lot of smashers seem to be afraid to mention to girls that they play smash. Why so? Almost every girl I've mentioned it to seemed to at least gotten hype about it if didn't turn them on lol! Tbh saying "I make money playing smash bros" just works.

It just sounds bad and is a turn off I'd imagine. It is for me anyway, but at the same time a few of the Halo/GOW2/COD players were good looking at KOTC so it can be disregarded for some if the looks are there.

Shippo- Do you need any gravekeeper's stuff or is everything back? I have some spare commons and such

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
It just sounds bad and is a turn off I'd imagine. It is for me anyway, but at the same time a few of the Halo/GOW2/COD players were good looking at KOTC so it can be disregarded for some if the looks are there.
Just say you've made money off of it. Pick a character she likes and bunnnnsss.

It works, just used it last week.

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace

I once told a girl this, she responded by saying, " Wow I can't believe that you would spend money to go play a game that you own. I mean it seems like a waste of time/ wanting to test your skills. I mean it sounds cool in theory but it sounds like the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Why not just play wifi, you could save yourself a lot of money,".
This happened to be a girl I would talk to every now and then. I tried to explain it to her but it was the same response every single time.
Also ask Hugs, I'm pretty sure he'll give you a list.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
every girl i've told loves the game, then when we finally play I have to play like yoshi and sandbag so ****ing hard lol.. if i beat them too badly they're always like "jesus, you take this game wayy to seriously!"

ksizl4life

Smash Hero

I agree.

Smash also helps with job interviews! helped me **** and get a job two weeks ago

Interviewer: "Tell me one time you teamed with someone to attain a goal."

Me: "Iight so me and ***** Cable right......"

Smash da bess :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Why tell a girl you play Smash? Might as well tell her you own a Potato Farm.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's like, you have to explain a joke to this man.

Want some of that Volcano insurance?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yo why is my location still THANK DOOM FOR YOUR WIN GUNBLADE?

Atomsk I hate you.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I agree.

Smash also helps with job interviews! helped me **** and get a job two weeks ago

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo

ANTi_

Smash Hero
If it gets over 30 entrants; i'm going.

If not then nope lol.

I don't even have a damn teammate.

EDIT : Did they remove the name search feature? LOL. because this **** aint working!

Keitaro

I agree.

Lmao!!

@ DMG: It would usually come up whenever talking about going to a certain state.

So if the girl said she's from Ohio I'd go
Keit - "Oh really, I went there before for a tournament"
Girl - "Tournament?"
Keit - "Oh I play this game competitively where I travel all over the world and stuff with alot of players and win money alot :D"
Girl - "What game?"
Keit - "Its called Super smash bros"

I usually get a mix of these types of responses
Girl - "Omg I love that game!! I play Jigglypuff! Who do you play?"
Girl - "Omg my little brother plays that game lololol!" where I respond "but he aint making that money like me" and I usually play off it well.
Girl - "What game is that?" Where I explain it but very generally and just get back into me traveling with mad people.

Most of the time I get something similar to the first response. Also I'd rather mention it before they find out a different way. It usually works for the better.

Top Bottom