• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
In that case maybe Alex Strife could possibly go with you?

Both Eazy and Xzax want to go to the tourney but that would be 1 person too much for my car so since Alex already lives in NY maybe something could get worked out so everyone that wants to come to DNA can.

I'll try to speak to him.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
In that case maybe Alex Strife could possibly go with you?

Both Eazy and Xzax want to go to the tourney but that would be 1 person too much for my car so since Alex already lives in NY maybe something could get worked out so everyone that wants to come to DNA can.

I'll try to speak to him.
Just be aware if you've committed to giving him a ride that I'm 100% not stuffing my car, nor am I even 100% confirmed to go, so you may not want to change your plans.

I also give certain people priority on rides, so that's another thing to think about, so he doesn't get left out when already thinking he's going.

Keitaro

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to talk to Strife about it, especially because since I hate driving NY I don't want to make any stops in that state for any reason. Whatsoever so if this doesn't work out I may have to drop him from the carpool especially since I'm planning to most likley have everyone come to my house and we leave from there.

Keitaro

Yeah, especially for me where I have 7 people coming along. Going to each and everyone of their houses would be the biggest pain in the ***.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Yeah, especially for me where I have 7 people coming along. Going to each and everyone of their houses would be the biggest pain in the ***.
The only place I stop is the train station that's 5 minutes from me, and that's all. Never anywhere else lol. I will never ever drive around to people's houses, so not worth it.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
The only place I stop is the train station that's 5 minutes from me, and that's all. Never anywhere else lol. I will never ever drive around to people's houses, so not worth it.
you drove to my house once... that means i must've special ;)

Keitaro

As for the carpool, I'll see what I can work out. I never really made promises on spots earlier as I didn't even decide if I was really going along with how I was planning on doing stuff regarding rides but I wanna try to work it out so everyone is happy cause I like everyone being happy :D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
How do people feel about random counter picking?

Player A wins as Marth.
Player B says "random"
Player B loses the right to pick a stage, one of the 5 neutrals is chosen randomly.
Player A must stay Marth while Player B chooses who to use.

Thoughts?

clowsui

Smash Legend

Player A wins as Marth.
Player B says "random"
Player B loses the right to pick a stage, one of the 5 neutrals is chosen randomly.

Thoughts?
There was a big issue w/ this a while ago involving Cheese and Minty iirc...Minty lost G1, won G2 w/ ROB. Cheese said "random" for G3, picked MK, and...yep lol. This rule strongly buffs characters like Falco/IC/Pika who are very strong on BF/SV/FD, the three most widely accepted neutrals (even if FD doesn't deserve to be a starter). This especially buffs them when TOs decide that LC/PS1 are the 4/5 starters since that means that they don't get a single bad stage (Falco the only exception as Lylat isn't FANTASTIC for him but there are way worse stages).

As a result, I really don't support this rule

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion

Player A wins as Marth.
Player B says "random"

Thoughts?
its an old rule that most people disliked.

See above post

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I like random cp too, but I guess it's too powerful in brawl.

And do people usually prefer mid tiers as a side event?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I like random cp too, but I guess it's too powerful in brawl.

And do people usually prefer mid tiers as a side event?
Yes, it's alot less biased. The players that always win are constantly those who main low tiers. In mid tiers, everyone seems to stand a chance.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
There was a big issue w/ this a while ago involving Cheese and Minty iirc...Minty lost G1, won G2 w/ ROB. Cheese said "random" for G3, picked MK, and...yep lol. This rule strongly buffs characters like Falco/IC/Pika who are very strong on BF/SV/FD, the three most widely accepted neutrals (even if FD doesn't deserve to be a starter). This especially buffs them when TOs decide that LC/PS1 are the 4/5 starters since that means that they don't get a single bad stage (Falco the only exception as Lylat isn't FANTASTIC for him but there are way worse stages).

As a result, I really don't support this rule
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81tzL0YMyH0

lol @ how many views it has

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Hey so, as far as the Suicide Rules go, I think it's total bull**** to determine the winner by what the game says. I think it should be whoever did the move should win. Thoughts?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I think it's total bull**** to determine the winner by who did the move giving them special treatment. lol

think about it, if the game says sudden death, then both players died at the same time, aka both players reached their win condition at the same time (and their lose condition lol), so it is a tie, and we do ties in smash by one stock 3 min rematch. If someone is declared the winner in a suicide deal, then the other player died first, easy as that.

Hey, it could be Pokemon where the initiator of a suicide move is declared the loser lol.

Both characters die = both characters win = draw = 1 stock 3 min rematch

Top Bottom